One girls journey to the competitive arena......

Rebel101

Well one week down 13 to go, with this weeks decrease in carbs weight has moved from 74.6 to 70.1 but at least now are looking at depleted weight and movement from her will be improvement.

It is always difficult when the scales drop so much to know that it is not muscle being lost but got to go with the plan.

This year I have given myself the best opportunity to put my best foot forward so to speak, I am in the best condition I have ever been at this stage of precomp prep, my training courtesy of Aylmer has been great, and the diet period is not too long so here goes.

I have also made up my mind not to apologise to myself (my biggest critique) for being leaner, I do what I must do in order to improve and gain muscle size. For girls it is not easy to gain quality muscle and to be competitive in the physique ranks you have to eat hard.

Anyway I have a couple of photos to clarify my start position!

post-10836-0-55124300-1436743868_thumb.j

post-10836-0-43001600-1436743876_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

OMG just looked at how long since l have posted in my journal.

Weeks have been ticking by with same consistent training, only the basis of my diet has changed. I am on a full ketotic diet with only about 12 - 16 g of carbs per day.

I have been looking for a nice warm day to get some photos done but it has been miserable weather lately, and TBH l am so flat from carb depletion that l would look no different probably.

But l can at least record that weight has dropped from 70.1 to 64.3 so results are happening. Now at 8 weeks out of Nationals.

Soon as l can get some decent photos l will up date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's been a while since l posted in my journal and about time l updated it.

It is now just 10 days out from my first competition this year.

I have been training away consistently and maintaining a diet either with low carbs or full ketotic. Anyway now l have got down to 62 kg only a stones throw away from where l need to be.

Next week the changes start to the diet and in order to keep a track of how things go l will try posting daily photos as changes progress.

Currently l salt all my food relatively heavily. Monday next week no salt, no coffee, no artificial sweetners. I will front load my water Monday to Thursday then taper off Friday.

As my main objective is Nationals on 10 and 11 October l will not carb load for the NZIFBB Hamilton show? effectively going in flat. This is because l cannot carb load 2 weekends in a row.

Anyway looking forward to Hamilton show

• 2 weeks later...