Giant Sports Delicious Protein

Pseudonym

I should've known better. Any product that has to claim it's delicious four times on the front of the bag alone is clearly trying to convince itself as much as anyone else. "10lbs of deliciosity", it said.

On the back it makes an even bigger deal of it.

Deliciousity (n) - Deh-lish-ee-os-it-ee

The joyful discovery of unexpected deliciousness in a product category not known for such. Giant Sports Delicious Protein defines "deliciosity" in Sports Nutrition. Isn't it time you experienced Deliciosity?

I cannot agree.

I tried Giant Sports Delicious Protein, Cookies & Cream flavour, because I felt like something different. Cookies & Cream is one of those flavours that can go either way. There are some good C&C flavoured proteins out there. This just isn't one of them.

The powder itself is grey, like cement. It smells like old people's home. And it doesn't get any better when you add water. It turns into a dark grey gloop - really not very appetising. And whatever it tastes of, it sure ain't cookies or cream.

I tried various methods to make it more palatable, adding industrial quantities of cocoa powder, cinnamon, or banana. The banana seemed most successful - something in it neutralised the protein's smoky, musty smell.

It says it mixes instantly. I'd love to know under what circumstances it does. I found it was so thick and gloopy, even my stick blender struggled with it, and I was a little concerned I'd burn out the poor motor.

In the interests of writing a balanced review, I'm trying to think of something positive to say about it. The best I've got is this:

Even a 10lb bag gets used up eventually.

639767553032.jpg

I had the 5lb vanilla one, I quite liked it... Was good in smoothies with berries. Was good to find a vanilla with actual flavour most vanillas end up tasting like watered down milk or murky water.

i then bought the 5lb chocolate one and man it is way too sweet, quite gross. 4lbs of it is sitting in my kitchen I think it'll stay there for ever. Thank god I won post of month so I could buy my ol' trusty protein and continue on my journey to the Olympia stage.

I had the 5lb vanilla one, I quite liked it...

How thick was it?

Yeah it was quite thick come to think of it... I just used more water, we could all do with drinking more water I'm sure.

sometimes thick is good though (no homo) if I'm in a dessert kind of mood, but I dnt diet so id probably just eat an actual dessert lol.

Protein companies make millions from sales. End of they day its just hype. I have brought into it to a certain point. I buy whey protein powder because when you running short on time grab a shake and off you go.

Nothing like downing cookies and cream shake when you are in a rush. 

• 4 weeks later...

i tried CNC aswell, wanted a change from Syntha-6 and combat, thinking this was cheaper and looked like might taste EVEN better, like you said it looked like concrete, was like grey sludge, far to thick and did not taste delicious, will not buy again, Syntha is hands down the greatest tasting protein, combat is great and with a better profile than Syntha, stay away from Delicious!!

Well, I sit on the complete other side of the fence on this one.  I LOVE my Giant Sports Delicious Protein....Vanilla.  I do quite like the thickness, makes more of a meal of things.  Leading up to comp I'll be swapping to Horley's ICE.  Makes for a hard change, it's like water.

FYI - Giant Sports Delicious Vanilla and Cottage Cheese is THE SHIZ.

Well, I sit on the complete other side of the fence on this one.  I LOVE my Giant Sports Delicious Protein....Vanilla.  I do quite like the thickness, makes more of a meal of things.  Leading up to comp I'll be swapping to Horley's ICE.  Makes for a hard change, it's like water.

Nice one, Are you doing another comp?

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one, Are you doing another comp?

Tom

Hey buddy!  Yeah, hoping to make weight for NABBA Auck Champs end of this month.  1.8kg to go...

Have the same problem with inner armour chocoshit

Got 2 on special cant stand it now - much better without milk though.

once brought a lot of brown rice protein from china and mixed in half a packet of weight watchers 0 point drink mix into it - not too bad at all.

ROFL

Wait

IsThisRealLife.jpg

If you're not mixing rice protein with pea protein it's not that flash, in terms of amino acid profile.  And manufactured food from China?  No thanks Jeff

I'd have a look at _what_ you're buying, in addition to the number on the price sticker.

• 3 months later...

I bought 4.5 kg after tasting the vanilla and was wrapped. Come ot find out the product is part of an investigation and a  class action suit against Delicious amongst others is under way for Nitorgen spiking. Turns out 12 grams as opposed to 27 grams as claimed-Shit!!!

https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/giant-sports-lawsuit