Do I even Strong Brah

nate225

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vids plz

Of? 

No wifi at home atm & only have a peasant phone (and the work Windows phone I haven't worked out how to use properly LOL)... I know Alex has been getting some footage at our trainings tho? Will see what I can organise.

Mon 26/5

Z-Press - sets on 50kg - 6-8 reps. Damn this is tough, first attempt I guess, and yeah I fell over backwards at least once *crazy* Pretty sure Savickas has done 180 or so on these.......:-O

Reverse Pec Deck / Lateral Raise / Rear delt crossovers - all 4 sets / 10-15 reps

Flyes - up to 40's for 8-10's

Machine Dips (stack + 4 stack extender plates +10kg) for 10-12's - need to find heavier way!

Unilateral Tricep Extn machine - awesome new toy.

Tues 27/5

AM - Stairmaster / Cycle

Vids plz

Of? 

No wifi at home atm & only have a peasant phone (and the work Windows phone I haven't worked out how to use properly LOL)... I know Alex has been getting some footage at our trainings tho? Will see what I can organise

Some of your event stuff e.g. log cleans and zerchers etc Smile

Doing some Deads tonight, full rather than partials as every week seemed to be beating Alex & I up, log cleans and some grip stuff. 

Think I can get the Nokia Windows (crapola) phone to share videos! Any ideas on a free video editing tool I can download to my work laptop?

Is Windows Movie Maker not installed on all Windows computers? If not download that MT swears by it lol Cool

Apparently not on my work machine & I don't have the permissions to download it!!

Will try for an App on the phone?

Hmm I download erryy thing I my work laptop YOLO

Is Windows Movie Maker not installed on all Windows computers? If not download that MT swears by it lol Cool

Apparently not on my work machine & I don't have the permissions to download it!!

Will try for an App on the phone?

Yeah man it's quick and easy if you can get it at home?

Weds 29/5

Felt like ass (nausea/lightheaded??) & got to gym late so not a great session.

Deadlifts - worked up to double on 250, not bad but slow off the ground

Log cleans - worked up to 110, again so so

Inch DB - up to 70kg, pretty good really.

All in all a very average session but got enough done - gonna hit back hard tonight! 

• 3 weeks later...

Huh?

I deleted this log.....Psuedo?????!!!!

Oh well....update for ya TM:

Training as usual, 3 weeks til comp, broke a few U105 records in training, but not gonna be as dominant as I'd hoped LOL

My picks in the lightweights

Day 1 - 270kg Conan's Wheel (Tod Foster 1, Alex Orwin 2), Log Lift for Max Weight (Nate / Alex close), Thomas Inch Dumbell for Max Weight (Nate / Alex very close), Partial Deadlift (who knows Alex definitely 370+, Nate/Tod somewhere there). Day 2 -  122kg per side Hercules Hold for Max Time (Nate 1, not sure others), Deadlift (will be very close between most 250-280 range), 95kg Log Lift for Max Reps in 60 seconds (Nate 1, Tod/Alex, Alex better on max weight but split jerk counts against him with time), Caledonian Stones (80-155kg) (Nate 1, Tod/Alex)

Chris hasn't trained with us yet so he may figure in there somewhere, (if he doesn't get cracked by the monster he's been baiting lately or one of his mates *crazy*), also a couple of other lightweights at training that might surprise on the day. Every event is actually really close in the lightweights apart from Conan's which Tod is absolutely owning, and Hercules Hold which I'm pretty sharp at. Contest is definitely gonna be won by the most consistent athlete, and the way these things go is they are often lost by one weak event 

Lol shouldve known Psuedo......

Anyway broke the 95kg log for reps U105 record at training with 20 seconds to spare & horrific technique, broke the inch dumbell U105 record twice now at training but only by 1kg & 2.5kg so not too cconfident yet!

Hoping to crack the shortcourse stones U105 record by getting the 155kg up in a fairly fast time though in my previous SM attempts 4 years ago I could lift it but never load on the barrel.

I'm fairly confident I can get the U105 record in Hercules Hold (122kg per hand) tho the overall record seems a little out of reach at 1min 22seconds!! (My overall record was with the lighter 117kg for 1.11 prior to weights being upped).

Kinda cool hitting some targets at training but doing them on the day is always tough and its a mental battle as well as tryna hold the old body together for 8 events over 2 days.

Picking Tod Foster to own U105 Conans Wheel record. Cant see any lightweight going near smiling Dave Dunfords 470kg partial deadlift which he did about 14 years ago at 100kg!!!

No disrespect but the partial deadlift is kind if a silly event in amateur SM with everyone different sizes... I mean a Short guy pulling sumo only has to lift it like 3 inches. I like the rising bar partials for reps in wsm when the barrels or tyres drop into the trailer.

Yeah definitely different for different heights but then so are stones onto barrels of fixed heights. Only have to see the wsm heats in Africa when they used high barrels - one poor short ass was having to place stone on his head then try and press!!! Also I guess its the same in wsm when they do the hummer tyre DL.

For the record tho Dave did 470 conventional at 5'10" or so...pretty crazy give open record is 500 by Matt Rossiter.

Yeah from memory it was Blekidas or one of the eastern europeans in Africa. About 5'8" tryna get a 120ish stone onto a barrel about his own height!!!

Its hard watching 6'10" Reuben and the 6'3"ish guys like Nick, Jono, Colm pick up 155 to waist height and dropon barrel after ya lift for all ur worth and bowl the barrel over!!!! #femurextensionsurgery