How to eat eggs

Pseudonym

Man, next time ill just let you cook rather than going and buying a steak! I will be trying these soon. Usually I just boil my eggs whole and shove em down my throat. Easy peasy wIth no fuss. And if im feeling fat, the yoke just pops out into the scraps.(for my chickens to eat!) is that cannibalism?

Now my proper question, do you lose any nutrients cooking eggs in the diff methods? as opposed to slugging it back raw. 

or just thinking stoopid?

And if im feeling fat, the yoke just pops out into the scraps.(for my chickens to eat!) is that cannibalism?

Ever dropped an egg in front of a chook? Cannibalism comes naturally to them.

do you lose any nutrients cooking eggs in the diff methods? as opposed to slugging it back raw.

Raw eggs aren't so well absorbed by the body. On top of that, raw egg white can also block the absorption of biotin. (I've got no idea what biotin is, but apparently it's a good thing to have.)

Having said that, Zeagold's egg whites are pasteurised, so I don't know whether that's considered raw or cooked.

And if im feeling fat, the yoke just pops out into the scraps.(for my chickens to eat!) is that cannibalism?

Ever dropped an egg in front of a chook? Cannibalism comes naturally to them.

do you lose any nutrients cooking eggs in the diff methods? as opposed to slugging it back raw.

Raw eggs aren't so well absorbed by the body. On top of that, raw egg white can also block the absorption of biotin. (I've got no idea what biotin is, but apparently it's a good thing to have.)

Having said that, Zeagold's egg whites are pasteurised, so I don't know whether that's considered raw or cooked.

Hahahahaha chooks love eating eggs they grab them and run so no other chook can get it!!!!!

Biotin is one of the B group vitamins.

In order for an egg white to be fully absorbable the white needs to be opaque ie turn milky white. Pasteurised is not enough.

Eggs would be one of the foods that I am looking forward having in six weeks time after the pans not to sure what type of egg dish that I will but something to think about when it gets closer to the time

have you tried the stock standard hard boiled egg?

A good thing I like to do:

• Put chunk of butter in cold pan. Warm pan
  • Put 4 whole (not scrambled) eggs into pan and constantly stir under medium heat
  • Keep stirring (may take a while).
  • Eventually, you will be left with a smooth, creamy, phucking delicious scrambled egg with a 'paste' like texture that you can 'spread' over toast etc. Unlike pre scrambled egg, which ends up rubberey and in solid bits rather than like a paste.
  • Put marmalade on wholegrain toast, and spread the egg on top.

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As always in my desperation to create some dieting variety I have made an attempt at an egg white omelette that has at least given me some choice in my diet.

I use the egg whites with pepper ground into the white before it is cooked. Then I put in sliced orange kumara and cinnamon, the cinnamon brings out the sweetness in the kumara and it is delightful, a real change from savoury egg whites.

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh pear with ginger and nutmeg custard (yes, seriously.)

500ml egg whites
3 whole eggs
1/4 cup Splenda/sugar
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg (careful with this stuff, kids)
1/4 cup water
1 pear

I think this would be best as a baked custard, but I didn't have time for that, so I just chucked it on the stove and turned it into sweet scrambled eggs.

Blend all ingredients except pear. Cook by whatever method takes your fancy (see my previous recipes for details.)

Halve and core the pear. Cut into slices, and arrange on top of eggs. Liberally pour cream over the top if it fits your macros (I recommend that it does - cream takes it to a whole new level of yum).

Sort of pumpkin pie

500ml egg whites
3 whole eggs
150g roasted pumpkin, rind removed
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup Splenda/sugar
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 175C.

Blend all ingredients together, and pour into a pie dish. Half fill a roasting pan with boiling water, and place pie dish in this as a water bath. Cook for 35 mins or until softly set.

On taking it out of the oven, I discovered it had separated into two layers. It looked kind of cool, so I pretended that's what I had in mind all along.

post-87184-14166840401272_thumb.jpg

I once made savoury french toast and egg, great for bulking, because each slice is 100 cals.

4 Brreads french toast w/ salt and pepper and butter

Scrambled egg (3 eggs on top)

Guess you could add bacon to that too.

Will have to try that durring offseason and sounds yummy