DIY Preworkout ideas

jerume

Hi

I currently use either MP Assault or Cellucor C4, But am wanting to do my own preworkout, buy the ingredients in bulk and then i knowwhat is going in my preworkout. I have done a bit of research and have come up with the ingredients below, would love your feedback and what you think I could add/dont need.

Caffeine 200mg(approx)

Creatine 5g

Beta-alanine 2000mg

L-carnitine 2000mg

Citruline malate ( not sure how much)

It will cost a bit to get setup, but once I have all the ingredients the cost per serve will be next to nothing compared to the regular pwo's and i wont have any unnecessary fillers, additives, flavours, colours etc.

What you think?

start with 2g CM and work up to 8. Sickest pump ever tbh.

Also look into buying Stim-U-Tant by Mutant. 1 small pill is like 400mg caffeine and u get like 200 pills so should be dirt cheap.

you can buy caffeine powder for next to nothing. guessing he is going to do this

start with 2g CM and work up to 8. Sickest pump ever tbh.

Also look into buying Stim-U-Tant by Mutant. 1 small pill is like 400mg caffeine and u get like 200 pills so should be dirt cheap.

you can buy caffeine powder for next to nothing. guessing he is going to do this

Yeah ive already got caffeine tabs, they are so cheap aye, and going to import most of the ingredients from bodybuilding.com, Primaforce do most of these ingredients and for around 10c a serve each, you think i should add AAKG as well as CM?

Ive never heard of stim-u-tant but will look into it thanks

pretty much doing exactly same as you..it works for energy but if you're after pump then i wasn't satisfied with that end but i think maybe arginine or something if you want that?

CM/BA i've found to be equally as cheap if not cheaper from local sources (bodybuilding.co.nz nutratech brand). caffiene caps are like $3nzd for 100x200mg dirt cheap. i also add a bit of raro and/or(depends on situation) gatorade powder to it

only real problem with the 200mg caffiene caps is they're so tiny, if you only want like 50-100mg caffiene you can't really split it in half, you gotta go for the whole thing but yeah most people probably aren't as sensitive to caff as i am so should be all good lol. if you find it messes up your sleep then consider replacing the caffiene cap in the shake with a bit of coffee instead.

making your own isn't necessarily the cheapest option because these days the pwos go on pretty mad deals but agree with you that making your own is awesome for the fact that you know exactly what you're putting in to your body

pretty much doing exactly same as you..it works for energy but if you're after pump then i wasn't satisfied with that end but i think maybe arginine or something if you want that?

CM/BA i've found to be equally as cheap if not cheaper from local sources (bodybuilding.co.nz nutratech brand). caffiene caps are like $3nzd for 100x200mg dirt cheap. i also add a bit of raro and/or(depends on situation) gatorade powder to it

only real problem with the 200mg caffiene caps is they're so tiny, if you only want like 50-100mg caffiene you can't really split it in half, you gotta go for the whole thing but yeah most people probably aren't as sensitive to caff as i am so should be all good lol. if you find it messes up your sleep then consider replacing the caffiene cap in the shake with a bit of coffee instead.

making your own isn't necessarily the cheapest option because these days the pwos go on pretty mad deals but agree with you that making your own is awesome for the fact that you know exactly what you're putting in to your body

Yeah I have been doing quite a bit of reasearch and like what you say, AAKG looks like its not that great,Citruline malate looks like the way to go for pumps, Alcar for focus, caffeine( obvious) but like you say, its a shame they come in 200mg capsules, as would like to split them depending on workout.

Then obviously beta alanine and creatine 

Comparing the costs in NZ to buying on bodybuilding.com, i did find overall we are more expensive over here, ive attached the photo and costs of the ingredients required

I am going to do exactly what you said and buy the gatorade powder for flavouring, as i workout at 5:30am the last thing i feel like doing is chugging back an unflavoured powder drink!

CM 100 serves, 18 cents a serve (US)

Alcar 500 serves, 4 cents a serve

Caffeine 90 serves, 8 cents a serve

Beta-alanine 250 serves, 9 cents a serve

Creaform 200 serves, 10 cents a serve

49 cents a serve(US) and for a bucket load of servings, pretty good ratios i think!

post-87189-14166839772306_thumb.png

awesome, price breakdown looks real good especially considering proper serving sizes. let us know how you get on, whats your experience with it etc. leucine is gross but you considered adding a bit of that for pump too, since it's so cheap & easy addition? or maybe just smash down a bit of protein powder with your pre workout meal?

awesome, price breakdown looks real good especially considering proper serving sizes. let us know how you get on, whats your experience with it etc. leucine is gross but you considered adding a bit of that for pump too, since it's so cheap & easy addition? or maybe just smash down a bit of protein powder with your pre workout meal?

ok cool ill look into Leucine for sure, think ill add gatorade powder for flavouring, i've tried protein powder pre-workout and during heavy legs/back workout i feel like vommiting, otherwise i would for sure!

Thanks for the feedback guys and ill let you know how it goes

Then again, caffein tabs are no match for the potency of some of the modern pre workouts like the curse and jack3d.

Might I suggest using dmaa/ party pils if you want the same effect? It would probably work out cheaper tbh.

the reason im making my own preworkout is i want to know what is going into my preworkout, and as safe as it can be( opening myself up for alot of criticism here), as i was on a couple of other pwos approx a year ago and found out it had amphetamines in it, and ive used dmaa a few years ago, and was like i was on party pills 4-5 days a week, even though i train in the morning, i was finding it hard to sleep at night, and relax in general, as i am quite sensitive to stims, so i want to control what im taking, and your right, it would be cheaper, but as well all know, cheapers not always better.

this is what I tried, a small can of redbull + 2-3 scoops of some pre workout + 2 pills of dmaa + chewed a pack of redbull gum throughout it.....it was ok but then again stims dont effect me like how they used to anymore

So Redbull + dat 3 scoops + Party Pills + Gum = Facialls still Alive?!

U wot m8.

Tell us more about your stim-ventures Facials :)