What happening back home

jond

Hey all

I am new to this site. Thought it was about time I found out what is happening in my home land in the boby building scene.

My name is Jonathan Davie and are a Pro Body Builder living in Aussie.... for the moment anyway.... I may be returning home soon.

I am a proud Kiwi .... many think I am Australian because when I compete I compete as a Australian Pro, this is because I got my procard here. But as all kiwis know once a Kiwi always a Kiwi.

How are the Federations going over there ??? Are the shows still getting heaps of compeditors and awesome crowds???. I always remember the crowds being really vocal and supportive .. a credit to the fans. I understand the North Island champs were on the weekend, does any one know how Steve Campbell went and what the show was like.

Any way all the best all

Jond

Hi Jon - great to have you on board! If you'll stick around, I'm sure we'll find lots of questions to throw at you! (After all, it's not every day a Mr Olympia contender shows up...)

As for the comps over here, I'm not sure about the North Island champs last weekend... NZFBB held their NI champs in July, but I'm afraid I didn't see the show (possibly due to over-indulging after my own show the week before :P). The results are here, though, if you're interested. As for NABBA, I don't think they have a NI champs???

So what are you up to now? Training hard for the next comp?

- Andrew

I am just enjoying my training at the moment, and spending time with my kids in my free time. I haven't yet decided what show to do next or when to do it. I am not one to compete every year and with the additions to my family, there is not enough sleep and time in a day to prepare 100 % for a Pro show. I am planning a trip to the Olympia to support some friends competing which may encourage me to compete next year.

I really need to compete in the mid 120 s preferable 127 -128 to be competative so are on a size quest at the moment.

I will stick around , and if there are any questions I am only to happy answering them.

All the best

Jon D

• 3 weeks later...

hey jon i met u at the club physical bodybuilding meeting,it was awesome!anyway i was gonna go watch steve compete at the counties manukau since my mrs works with him and he writes my programs so i was gonna go and cheer him on but i couldnt get there,i heard he didnt even compete,dont know what went wrong,do u know when justin rhys is competing next?have u competed against him?

Hey Jerume

Hows Things ??

That was a good night at Club Physical, it is a credit to the people who organise the Body building club there. Great group of people. Steve decide to wait until the Waikato Champs which was on last weekend I have been told he came 2nd, I haven't been told any more as of yet, If any one went post a reply. I am not sure when Justin is competing again, possibly the Australian Grand Prix in March, I know he enjoyed himself at the last one.

NO I haven't competed against yet. With my lack of competing and amount of possible show for us to compete in we havent had the pleasure of having 2 Kiwis representing. Thats a not true Marc Rainbow and me competed in the Australian Grand Prix 2003 togeather.

I hope your training is going well. All the best

Jon D