NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
rugby_dude

Rugby defense systems

bit random haha. But man out except for in your own 22 when you go man on. When blind side wing joins bring your wing accross or get the half back or flanker to defend in the line? 

for man out, start on your man and drift after the ball has been passed...

bit random haha. But man out except for in your own 22 when you go man on. When blind side wing joins bring your wing accross or get the half back or flanker to defend in the line? 

Thanks :) When blind side wing joins bring your wing across or get the half back or fkanker to denfend in the line? Sorry I don't get that part

Welcome, rugby_dude! Good to have more people from other sports here.

(BTW, it's usually best to only post your question in one forum. Don't worry - it'll still get seen, and it means you don't split up the discussion)

Sadly, I'm not a rugby player, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of rugby veterans out there who can help.

Welcome, rugby_dude! Good to have more people from other sports here.

(BTW, it's usually best to only post your question in one forum. Don't worry - it'll still get seen, and it means you don't split up the discussion)

Sadly, I'm not a rugby player, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of rugby veterans out there who can help.

nice to be here :) oh ok, ill make sure its on one forum next time :) thanks and look forward to meeting new people here!

Thanks Smile When blind side wing joins bring your wing across or get the half back or fkanker to denfend in the line? Sorry I don't get that part

if it is off set piece (say a scrum) and the  opposition blind side winger is standing behind the first 5 or second 5 or out wide, you can bring your blind side winger into the 1st 5 position and every one shift out. Or else you can get your half back to mark up on the opposition 1st 5 and everyone push out. the flanker off a set piece should always be covering 1st 5 anyway. 

Thanks Smile When blind side wing joins bring your wing across or get the half back or fkanker to denfend in the line? Sorry I don't get that part

if it is off set piece (say a scrum) and the  opposition blind side winger is standing behind the first 5 or second 5 or out wide, you can bring your blind side winger into the 1st 5 position and every one shift out. Or else you can get your half back to mark up on the opposition 1st 5 and everyone push out. the flanker off a set piece should always be covering 1st 5 anyway. 

My man wats up haha thanks bro! how far apart should the defending 1st, 2nd and centre be from each other?