Why aren't roids legal

I don't think it will ever be legal in New Zealand, although standardisation and control over the subtance who be in the interest of those that choose to use its health. 

The turth is anabolics have shown to increase prostate size and is a really risk of developing prostate cancer which would cost the goverment a lot for treatments etc. 

Are things really that bad at the moment though, those that choose to take that path seem to source it easy enough and the law isn't harsh at all on those that possess the controlled subtance. People now are becoming more acceptant of peoples choice to use anabolics but older generations still demonize the drug.

is there no checks on stuff posted within nz?

ofcourse there are but not every single thing that comes in is checked.. just spot checking every now and then + stuff that comes in from suspicious/known dodgy sources + stuff going to blacklisted places........number of times i been approached at the gym now would suggest its in pretty good supply (or theyre just trying ot pass fake gear lol) here

Ha, I'm not in politics mode. I just talk like that online so I don't like getting misunderstood. Clarity and nuance may be lost practices, but I still think they're helpful. I haven't made a decision yet as to whether I will be standing for ACT in September.

As I said, I don't think AAS will become fully legal any time soon. Largely because the numbers of users are much smaller than other recreational substances. 

I will say, that ACT have absolutely zero plans to abolish the state health system. It would be an enormous undertaking, and due to our countries size, we do manage to run it fairly effectively. A full user pays system I think is an ideal, with more scope for private and charity hospitals/practices for the poor; but it's not happening any time soon. I don't want to get into the full debate on that. It's a moot point in NZ.

That said, how might AAS be made legal with the associated health costs? Smoking is a good example. There is little debate that smoking actually brings a net tax benefit to the NZ economy. The tax on tobacco MORE than covers the associated health costs. Along with that, the lower life expectancy of smokers means they take less superannuation. If everyone stopped smoking cigs, we'd arguably be financially worse off in this country, though we'd be healthier. Which is why I do get a bit annoyed at smokers getting beaten over the head in the media, they definitely are paying their own way, unhealthy as their habit is.

The NZ government would be better off but not the economy as a whole.The NZ government may be receiving a net tax benefit.

But this is money being spend by consumers which would be spent on other consumerables or even better saved or invested if it was not spent on cigs.

I think its an invalid arguement that we would be financially worse off as a country if every one stopped smoking cigs. Keep in mind they are also not manufactured in NZ.

Surely there are better ways of taxing people than by keeping them addicted to an unhealthy product?

That said, how might AAS be made legal with the associated health costs? Smoking is a good example. There is little debate that smoking actually brings a net tax benefit to the NZ economy. The tax on tobacco MORE than covers the associated health costs. Along with that, the lower life expectancy of smokers means they take less superannuation. If everyone stopped smoking cigs, we'd arguably be financially worse off in this country, though we'd be healthier. Which is why I do get a bit annoyed at smokers getting beaten over the head in the media, they definitely are paying their own way, unhealthy as their habit is.