TRT Journey

Silverfern

Hi Guys

Age 44

Weight 74kgs

Height 5"9"

Ok I thought I would start a log of what I am doing regarding my low testosterone levels and post how I get on. Anyway to cut a long story short I asked on the forums about a cycle I was going to do after a lot of reading and advice I needed to get blood work as a reference point to start. I did put a few pictures up and was told my diet training or testosterone levels may well suck. Now I am committed and work hard at the gym I have a pretty clean diet yet I gain very little muscle and seem to stay lean, my calorie intake has been more than ever over the last 6 months yet still very little gains in muscle which is very frustrating. So I did a blood test on the 04/02/14 at 1pm the results are below. 

Testosterone 6.5 nmol/L or 187 ng/dl  Ref Range (8 to 38)

LH 2.1 IU/L Ref range (2 to 9)

17b oestradiol 57 pmol/L Ref range (<160)

Total PSA (Rouche) ug/L 0.5 Ref range (<4.0) 

I was was not aware that they had to be done as early as possible but took the blood test to my doctor who then asked for more tests to be done early in the morning. He did send through a referral to a Nuroligist who has contacted me and wishes to see me on the 21/02/14. I am to also have a Testicular ultrasound before then, doesn't sound like a fun day out but this is what the doctor ordered. 

Ok another blood test on the 10/02/14 revealed the following results

Testorone 11.0 nmol/l or317 ng/dl Ref Range (8 to 38)
Free Testosterone 262 pmol/L Ref Range (250 to 800)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 24nmol/L Ref Range (9 to 60)
Free Androgen Index 458 Ref Range (>400)

Anyway the the nurse called to say everything was normal and within the ranges it should be, what a kind and knowledgeable lady I said thanks so much and thought great as I suddenly feel great yeah right!!

I am glad I looked at doing a cycle as I would have been none the wiser to all of this. I have never done a cycle and won't until I can sort this all out. I was not even aware of low testosterone levels and once looking into it found that I suffer a lot of the symptoms being very fatigued I mean I rarely go through the day without sleep sometimes 3 or 4 hours, no concentration, very small muscle gains, low labido , just a general f*ck another day to get through attitude. 

I certainly don't look at this as some miracle that's going to make everything great but I am hoping it takes me back a bit to where I use to be with a general great and carefree attitude. Some muscle gains would be nice also. I will eventually do a cycle but I will wait until my testosterone levels are closer to where they should be if I am able to jump through enough hoops to get it done, we will see I will update my thread for those that are interested. 

Also feel free to offer me any advice on my blood work or perhaps things I need to know or do any advice would be great especially on my latest blood work. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't quite understand what you mean by: "come closer to where they should be"... At your age all they will do from now on is decline.. Is that what you mean, when they decline further you will be eligable for TRT..?

If your already feeling like crap, jump on low dose exogenous Testosterone... Test-E 0.4ml E4th day...

Don't quite understand what you mean by: "come closer to where they should be"... At your age all they will do from now on is decline.. Is that what you mean, when they decline further you will be eligable for TRT..?

If your already feeling like crap, jump on low dose exogenous Testosterone... Test-E 0.4ml E4th day...

Troll I meant closer to the levels for my age which is over 20nmol/L. I will have to wait and see what the neurologist has to say at this point as the doctor has offered sweet f*ck all.  

No point in waiting for levels to come right if ya gonna do a cycle cause your gona be back where you started after your cycle ends, unless you cruise/blast.

Trt for life......

Sounds like a good plan lol

I don't want to end up worse off I would rather have healthy levels first a shame as I have some pharma grade test that I was itching to try lol. 

Ok so after a scan of the 2 boys all is ok there, was actually done by a pretty blonde woman lol happy ending was not included. 

Saw the Uroligist today he has recommended TRT replacement talked about injections every 2 to 3 weeks from what I have read this will not keep levels steady I remember reading about how long the test stays in your body some where if anyone wants to enlighten me feel free. 

So he is writing to my doctor about this so I will see what he says when I go and see him. 

Also he is referring me to an Endo within the public health system all and all progress today I think I am concerned though about injections every 3 weeks will not keep levels where they should be and keep them stable. Anyway that's my update so far. 

Ok so after a scan of the 2 boys all is ok there, was actually done by a pretty blonde woman lol happy ending was not included. 

Saw the Uroligist today he has recommended TRT replacement talked about injections every 2 to 3 weeks from what I have read this will not keep levels steady I remember reading about how long the test stays in your body some where if anyone wants to enlighten me feel free. 

So he is writing to my doctor about this so I will see what he says when I go and see him. 

Also he is referring me to an Endo within the public health system all and all progress today I think I am concerned though about injections every 3 weeks will not keep levels where they should be and keep them stable. Anyway that's my update so far. 

Hi, I assume you will be prescribed Sustanon250 - 250mg every 2-3 weeks. When I was on that I felt great the first week then mood & energy levels slumped during the second. This is what lead to Depo Test weekly.

Hi, I assume you will be prescribed Sustanon250 - 250mg every 2-3 weeks. When I was on that I felt great the first week then mood & energy levels slumped during the second. This is what lead to Depo Test weekly.

What's depo test is that test cyp?

It sure is. I currently pin 150mg/week & use Arimidex to control estrogen levels. Half a mg every second or third day seems to do it.

It sure is. I currently pin 150mg/week & use Arimidex to control estrogen levels. Half a mg every second or third day seems to do it.

How long did it take you to get dialed in ? Did you mention Armadex or did your doc just prescribe it. 

Ok so seen the doc also today. He seems a bit unsure about dose and frequency so has called the drug administration for advice. He said he will get back to me on Monday and we can go from there with a regime of depo test injections. He did say something about every 3 weeks I told him I was not to keen on 3 weekly and perhaps less dosage more often to keep levels more equal. What do you guys think? I mentioned gyno he no no you will be fine so it's an uphill struggle with him as I think he is a bit unsure. 

Who's the doctor you are seeing if you don't mind sharing? 

Would be good to find someone like yours, who knows what they are doing. Have spent $$$$ dealing with non-knowledgable doctors.

Can anyone tell me when's best to get bloods done once I start on test doc didn't really seem bothered about bloods so I need to prompt him on this. 

Why bother getting blood levels checked.? If you are aiming for a TRT dose then your attempting to replicate normal levels, therefore cholesterol, E2, blood pressure etc should be normal.. No need for Arimidex..!!

Your dose and injection protocol should determine correct blood plasma concentrations..

Longer esters like Cypionate or Enanthate can cause a slightly higher aromatisation because you inject a larger amount at once, causing a larger bolus dose at the start of the week, and the more hits the system at once, the more is metabolized by enzymes. This can easily be remedied by using a more frequent injection pattern (twice a week rather than once a week).

Once every 2-3 weeks isn't sufficient to create stable blood concentrations, once every 3rd day with less compound would be ideal if you can cope with the hastle of pinning that much.. Enough to total about 100mg/week...

Have you got bloods done? How are your lipid values? I read that long term usage of AIs cause unhealthy cholesterol levels due to low levels of estrogen being associated with low levels of HDL, the good cholesterol. I strongly suspect that my December blood test that showed quite bad lipid values were a result of my strong AI use while cutting for my show.