NZ's Strongest Man Competition

Pseudonym

yeah would like to have a crack at it, i think im still to short 5.6 lol, farmers walk was bit hard for me coz ma fingers dont get a gud grip around the handles, only thing i du alright at was the 300kg tyre flip , cant even grip that thick 80kg dumbell thing they usually have 

Anyone know what the records are for the under 105kg weight class 

major-flavaz wrote:

yeah would like to have a crack at it, i think im still to short 5.6 lol, farmers walk was bit hard for me coz ma fingers dont get a gud grip around the handles, only thing i du alright at was the 300kg tyre flip , cant even grip that thick 80kg dumbell thing they usually have 

Anyone know what the records are for the under 105kg weight class 

• 2 weeks later...
14 Competitors have qualified for NZSM2014. Colm Woulfe (defending champion), Alex Orwin, Tod Foster, Chris Latham, Nick Hansen, Sam Magele, Ethan Foote, Mathew Ragg, Nippy Pryor Paea, Rudolph Sadaraka, Sean Poole, Reuben Dejong, Jono Macfarlane & Rongo Keene. Good luck to the class of 2014.

Am not competing, Nate. I've decided the hunger is back and I'm looking to qualify for Giants Live 2015, and hopefully win another NZSM Title. However I've just finished my first month back of training 3x a week. It's gone better than expected, but I'm in no shape to be ready to compete well at NZSM. I may well do the NZ Fitexpo in July, but definitely not NZSM.

Here's a 300 squat I did this week (no idea why the guy holding the camera said it was a PB). Pretty happy to be at that level so quickly. That 800lb belt and wraps squat seems achievable with a solid years training.

Why wouldn't you want to compete at NZSM 2014? It's probably the only year you're going to compete with such a strong line-up, also biggest prize pool yet. What's to lose?

Im not sure why you think this year has such a strong line up, but I can almost guarantee it will be harder to win next year than this time round. Im simply in no shape to compete well after two years pretty much off lifting, and I haven't done any implement training at all. I see no net gain apart from a few $

Shots fired lol