Tough Mudder - Auckland 2014

Pseudonym

used to think it was real waste of time/money "why would you run through mud for fun lol" but yeah actually does look interesting now after some different life experiences... not sure I'd make it through atm anyway but definately looks like one of those where if you're fit you gotta do it to test yourself physically, mentally and technically in some areas. must be popular too first cheaper/discounted deals already sold out and they were all available less than 12 hrs ago

• 1 month later...

Hopefully they stagger the competitors, I did the tough guy challenge up at wood hill a couple years ago (I know u can't compare) but a problem was the ques on the obstacles were rediculous... I lined up for close to 10minutes for the final swim through the river of mud and didn't even bother climbing the wall just ran round it as Line too big.

I'm not doing it anyway so dnt care but just hopefully this doesn't happen for the people who pay good money to race.

• 1 month later...

http://toughmudder.com/events/auckland-2014 - Sat. 26 Apr & Sun. 27 Apr, 2014

http://toughmudder.com/obstacles/

Those obstacles look pretty mean! Anyone thinking about doing this?

Hell to the no.

I don't want to progress my ability to run through deep mud.  Also, any boot camp should result in you finishing with the rank of private.  Not a sweaty t-shirt.

And

hell%20no.PNG

post-91885-14166839818882_thumb.png

http://toughmudder.com/events/auckland-2014 - Sat. 26 Apr & Sun. 27 Apr, 2014

http://toughmudder.com/obstacles/

Those obstacles look pretty mean! Anyone thinking about doing this?

Hell to the no.

I don't want to progress my ability to run through deep mud.  Also, any boot camp should result in you finishing with the rank of private.  Not a sweaty t-shirt.

And

hell%20no.PNG

lol my parents have a farm in auckland, anyone is welcome to run 18km through mud there for 209$ 

The Battle of Majnoon was not nearly as widely documented as Hussein's use of vast chemical weapons arsenals on Iraq's rebellious Kurds, whose poisoned bodies littering the roadsides have been shown time and again on Western television during the past 10 days. Nor was it as well-publicized as the Iraqi leader's devastating ''War of the Cities'' missile attacks on schools, homes and mosques throughout Iran during the eight-year war.

In fact, in the Majnoon battle there were very few shots fired and only a handful of artillery barrages. They were hardly needed, given the creative killing methods devised by the Iraqi army for the occasion.

''You wait until nighttime, and you will see how we are killing these Iranian dogs,'' an Iraqi officer said with a broad grin. ''We are frying them like eggplants.''

He then took us on a tour of dozens of thick electrical cables his troops had lain through the marshy battlefield, a spaghetti network that snaked in and out of the patchwork of lagoons. He showed us the mammoth electric generators that fed the exposed power lines from positions just behind the Iraqi front lines. And, when the Iranian Revolutionary Guards made their regular evening advance, the officer and his men demonstrated the macabre genius of their invention.

Iraqi gun batteries fired just enough artillery to force the Revolutionary Guards from their marsh boats, and, when hundreds of them had been forced to continue their advance through the lagoons on foot, the men manning the Iraqi generators flipped a few switches and sent thousands of volts of electricity surging through the marshland.

Within seconds, hundreds of Iranians were electrocuted.

But the horror show did not end there. The following morning, Iraqi troops began another grisly routine that the officer called ''the morning road detail.''

They made their way through the marshes, gathering up the dead Iranian soldiers like dynamite fishermen harvesting a day's catch. Working methodically, the Iraqis piled the corpses on top of one another in the water in head-to-toe stacks, five bodies high and five across.

Together, the human piles formed long rows, the width of a troop truck, the top layers above the water's surface. Each row extended in a straight line through the marshes from the Iraqis' positions toward the Iranian border. Finally, the rows were sprinkled with lime and covered over with a foot-thick tier of desert sand.

It was the Iraqi method of road building, using the bodies of their enemies to construct assault routes for tanks and trucks.