GYMNATION / MUSCLE FUEL BODYWEIGHT CHALLENGE

soundsgood

GYMNATION%20BODYWEIGHT%20CHALLENGE%20HEA

GYMNATION BODYWEIGHT CHALLENGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY MUSCLE FUEL - PRE MADE PERFORMANCE MEALS

ORDER ONLINE AT www.musclefuel.co.nz

There are 2 seperate lifts to this challenge

BENCH PRESS AT BODYWEIGHT - Most Reps in 5 minutes

SQUAT AT BODYWEIGHT - Most Reps in 5 minutes

Woman use 75% of bodyweight

Your rep count for squats will be total amount of squats.  Your rep count for bench will be your total amount of bench presses x 1.5

Your combined total rep will dictate the winner.

The weight used will be your bodyweight rounded up to the nearest 2.5kg increment.  Collars ARE NOT included in the weight.

There are 2 seperate classes - Mens and Womans

PRIZES

The winner of each class will win a 10 Muscle Fuel meal pack of their choice including shipping, a Muscle Fuel singlet and 5 x Powercrunch protein bars.

meals%20on%20bench.jpg

KIWISTRENGTH have kindly sponsored us with a bunch of lifting chalk, straps, and wraps.

And 1RM will give the first 15 entries a free singlet, tee, or trackpants - whatever they choose.

RULES OF LIFTS

All entries must be accompanied by a video where they show themselves getting weighed on scales, a shot of the weights on the bar then proceeding to lift in one continous shot.  The lifts can both be performed in the same session or seperate.   For an added bonus, when you register your lifts identify yourself with one of the following groups

- POWERLIFTER

- BODYBUILDER

- WEIGHTLIFTER

- STRONGMAN

- CROSSFITTER

Prizes may be added for the winner of each category

BENCH PRESS

Must unrack the bar and bench to chest.  No pause is required but no blatant bouncing and each rep must be to the chest then back up to within an inch of lock out.  The lifter may rerack the bar and have a rest as many times as they like but they may not leave the bench.  If anyone else touches the bar at any stage then the lift is over and the final rep count will be up to the previous rep.  Butt must stay on the bench and all times and excessive foot shuffling means the end of the lift. The ONLY accessories that will be allowed are Wrist wraps, soft weight belt, elbow sleeves, mouth guard and headband.  

SQUAT

Lifters must unrack the bar and lock out knees before the lifting commences.  Squatting will be to parallel or below with an inch leeway for the occasional high rep.  Lifter may rerack the weight as often as they like but if a spotter touches the bar or their body the lift is over and the rep count will be up to the previous rep.  Knee wraps, wrist wraps or knee sleeves are allowed.  Weight belts, soft or hard are allowed.

The consensus of the public will dictate whether a lift is valid or not although final say will be handed over to Pseudonym

The entries for this competition must be in by Midnight Sunday 2nd March

If anyone else would like to sponsor some prizes let me know

4%20meals%20stacked.jpg

post-1805-14190332832605_thumb.jpg

post-1805-14190332832858_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1419033283305_thumb.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*too weak to rep bench/squat bodyweight crew for any significant numbers checking in* anyone else know them feels? :'(

real good competition idea though, i like these kind of things thanks for getting behind it with your sponsorship.... by next year i should be able to do at least more than 5 reps on each of those and try compete lmao

Did half the squats today after my main deads and squats, Just set myself a target of 5x5x100kg in 2min 30, I got it but was getting tough. Not sure I could keep that pace up for a full 5 min, very solid effort SG! Might give the bench portion a shot on Saturday and squats properly next Saturday (conditioning day so I think this qualifies haha)

Any chance of pushing back the date to the end of Feb? 

Pls go.

just post up ur video, hamish didn't even get 12 reps per minute... Look at it that way. What u weight 80 something? U can beat that surely.

i know I can... Lol.

Nah mate weighing almost a hundy. 

Will work it into one session 

I'm sure this is gonna be like one of those WODs where it looks easy on paper and it's an entirely different story when you actually attempt it. Wonder if anyone will break the 100 barrier

Exactly this!

I thought sweet I'll go 25 rest, 20 rest 15 rest 10 rest 10 rest then eek out as many as I can go and prob do 90+ without even trying

But the fatigue adds up if you're not used to going and going.   I actually think a crossfitter would be perfect for this challenge.  Probably doesnt weigh much and fantastic muscle endurance