2017 log

Realtalk

11/02

Back on the GC again. Worked OT 36 hours straight then got to the gym at 8am for my bench session so all things considering it was a good session.

This is week 2 of my bench prep.

Bench press 

160x5, 150x5, 140x5

Flat dbpress

50x3x12

db pull over

45x3x12

flyes

3x12

top working set below, not my best 160 i have pressed but pain free all round and pretty easy. So a good place to be 5 weeks out 

15/01

Cgbp

to 140x3x8, 100x19 (amrap)

flyes

3x15

tricep/bicep assistance

Good session. Didn't have a spot or hand out for this workout so was slightly conservative with the amrap set. I put the slingshot on after my cgbp but my arms were gone so I didn't bother using it. Maybe using it first would be better but feel like I'm on the right track for this little comp. 

Thoughts out loud... Taking my bench to round 90-95% in 2 weeks hoping to get close to 200 and then make that my second attempt at the comp all Things going well. Still in Aus until the 31st at resort accomodation so makes stuff a little less than ideal just not being at home with ability to prepare meals properly etc. but I think that 180 yesterday was not bad at all and given me some confidence for this comp. my PB is 200kg so anything over that will be fucking amazing and will be nice to get something on the board even if it is a bench only heading into the next 3 lift I'm planning to do. Which will be upanz 3 lift in Wellington.

27/2

Paused Close grip bench press

to 190x1, 160x3, 155x3, 150x3

db pull over

3x12

tricep assistance

6x12-15

Good session, could have gotten 200kg I reckon for a max or near max but we decided to leave it at 190kg. Max the bench comp grip next week so should have a good idea of what my attempts will be on comp day then.

3 hours ago, M.T said:

#strong

Cheers bro. Funny, I was watching an ig video lastnight of your mate Gibbs at the new gym in Petone doing a paused close grip bench of 200kg but he just got it stuck above the chest. Not comparing myself to him by any means but seeing that and having my paused cgbp programmed in today gave me some good motivation.

2/2

Max bench 

190x1, 200x0, 200x0

db press

50x3x12

flyes

3x20

Not my day lol. Comp next sat so readjust the planned plan I had. Probably move the 200 second attempt I had hoped for to a 202.5 third. Open on 182.5 then to 192.5. Just doing this one for myself as I want to pb and get some confidence on the bench. Should feel good next Saturday, not that I didn't feel good today. Next update in here be after the comp. Till then peace out!

6/2

Started my 3 lift training program today. Good and bad, good was the weights moved well but felt heavy on my back and I bitched out on the first set. My first time squatting back again with the wide grip. Plan is a 6 week volume block, a speed deload week, a 6 week volume block, a speed deload week and then 5 week peaking block for the UPANZ comp on Wellington in June. Will log all my trainings in here again. Thanks to Jono M for doing my programming again.

Squats (sleeves)

210x6 (meant to be 8), 200x8, 180x8

pause squats 

140x3x5

hacksquat

3x12

Leg ext

3x15