standing ohp

to 120x2, 105x5, 100x2x5

db bench press

20x10, 35x10, 45x8, 60x3x8

heavy superset x3

tricep pushdown/skull crushers

flyes

3x20

Arms a little sore but not a major, feel fine this morning. I feel like maybe it is under control. Time will tell. Bench next week.

Was in a rush lastnight but wanted to make a few comments. So the hands out wide seems to be going really well, taking I'd say 90% of the stress off my arms which is awesome and the whole point of it. The time I have tried it before I found I couldn't keep tight through my back, this doesn't seem to be such a problem now. I put this down to spending a good amount of offseason time and the first volume block using the giant cambered squat bar as it's basically the same position just a much fatter bar on your back. 

The only variable and problem I may run into is gripping the collars in comp as this is illegal. Well at least it is in most Feds unsure about IPL rules but in assuming it is. So will have to grip inside the collars on the bar at comp which means my hand and wrist position will be different. I can't practise this at my gym because the rack is right where that spot is. 

Overall really happy with that session yesterday. 4 weeks to go today.

1/8

squat

to 295x1, 265x3, 250x2x3

leg extension

3x25 (light)

really happy with how squat has come back since the novice comp. thanks to Jono M, Dave N and Reuben S for the talks and encouragement. Jono and I have been working on squatting right on the money. I frequently squat too deep and it just disadvantages me. Squatting atg is cool. There is no extra points Or kgs on the total for your arse touching your ankles. That said I don't think I'll ever squat high in comp or get reds for depth. Anyway, 4 weeks out feeling great! Start the deload and getting my body peaked for the comp from now on in. Peace out 

Just got up, morning weight is 106.3kg. 

So pretty much down almost 4kg from Auckland champs I did in April where j basically ended up cutting from 109-110kg.  This is going to make it so much easier on me and I'll follow same regime for 4 more weeks I should be even lighter.

still buzzing off that squat last night and how well it moved.

bench press tonight. If my arm is playing ball and I can bench well then I'm going to have a really nice total come nationals. So I can't wait to find out tonight after work.

peace out.

3 hours ago, HarryB said:

Very very easy 295! Wtf.. 

yeah bro I think bringing my arms out has allowed me to sit the bar in lower position bringing my posterior chain into the squatting movement a lot more. I couldn't squat in a low bar position previously because of my arm pain. I have a strong p-chain and bringing that into my squat is just gonna make it bigger. Really got the GC bar to thank for that I think. That 295 is how a 320 squatter squats.

2/8

bench press

to 175x1, 160x0

db bench

45x8, 60x8, 45x8

tricep, delt assistance 

This should be easy triple material but the 175x1 was a max effort lift felt really hard. My arm is fucked, so much pain and the bench just isn't happening. A small part of it is mental worrying about the pec still and then the pain from the arm is screaming in my head. Too painful and I somewhat think i have forgotten how to bench as dumb as that sounds. I feel like my groove and movement pattern is just out of whack from those negative variables. And it's so frustrating my squat and deadlift is going so well and never did I think my bench would be my Achilles heel. 4 weeks out and 200 is looking out of reach, way out of reach. Not even confident I'll hit 185. So gutting. 

Anyone tried nalbuphine... Tempting. 

10 hours ago, HarryB said:

It might be hurting but it looks solid as. There's that stopping point around half way up but you changed the angle under the bar and smashed it up from there. 

Bro im comparing it to my bench presses pre worlds where I got 200kg in gym and at comp which moved easier than this. this is 25kg less. I have been finding it really hard to find a sense of Achievment with any bench press below that.

Slept on it. And Just gotta change my mindset I think. 2x pec tears and a worsening arm problem. But excuses aside that I'm just not going to bench 200 at nationals and to lower my expectations and goals for bench press so I can allow myself to suceed. At this current point I have failed the bench press before I have even got to the comp because 200 is way out of reach. But maybe 185-190 is still there so if we can reset my target to that then I can finish my 3 attempts with at least a personal victory there, even thought it might be diluted. Then we can move on to deadlift feeling like I'm winning instead of sitting down pissed off and cursing under my breath waiting for DL warm ups. Taking into account my lack of time on the bench press this year due to my inability to really train it with very much volume at all, I guess a 185kg press would be pretty good considering.

Im confident I'll blow my squat and deadlift pbs out the water and it's just a shame that the bench press is not going to compliment those 2 lifts. My PB total is only 817.5kg in comp at u110 and that was over a year ago so I need to put something on paper and just be positive about it.

moving fwd after the comp it's just about getting the arm better and building the press back up. Dunno how I'm going to do that but will work a plan out afterwards.

4/8

deadlift

to 315x1, 270x3, 260x2x3

sumo sldl

to 225x8

hamstring curl

3x15

pulldown/row superset

3x15

My gym mates, giving me shit for dropping the bar on my 260 and 300 deadlifts working up to the 315. I drop it because I cbf putting it down lol. Saying "red lights!" They are Gpc members so surprised they know the rules and what red lights are but it's all fun and games. So had to show them how to put a bar down on 315.

gotta have fun!