2017 log

Realtalk

1 hour ago, bang_bang said:

Why not warm up with your 3 attempts then do 310x3 as an exhibition lift afterwards? I'm assuming your last warm up would be last deadlift of comp anyway.

I said 260-280-300 then do 310*2-3. 

Too bad. Plan always included getting a white light as the last lift of the comp and then just regripping the comp bar for a rep or two.

Not that controversial if you realise its a novice comp.

13/7

deadlift

to 300x1, 310x2

lat pull down 

3x15

310kg deadlift. Wanted 3 reps, got 2 reps. Pissed off I didn't get the 3rd, really pissed! It was there just not today, no fight in the dog today to grind it out either. Meh . Surprised I got 2 tbh the 300 single moved like shit, slowest 300 I have pulled in a long time. Not ideal but just went for the triple anyway. Not at my best right now but confident I'll be at my best for nationals. Just gotta stay confident and if I have a slow day where the weights aren't moving so fast just accept it and do my best like I did today. New belt not the most comfortable thing right now needs breaking in (weak excuse lol). Anyway 310x2 is still a good lift in my mind. 330 in the gym is the goal this prep and in confident I'll hit that in the weeks to come pretty nicely. I'm not too worried about my deadlift it normally just takes care of itself. It's my best lift, I have a good build for it similar to Dale and I'm naturally pretty good at it. So might as well save the stress and worries for squat and bench lol.

tmw and Friday rest and compete on Saturday at 11am.

Upanz novice comp.

so I weighed in at 109.6 but I put a 10kg eleiko on the scales and it read 10.3. So I'm between 106-107 morning weight which would make sense because on mine I'm 108 this time at night. Perfect.

unfortunatley that was the only thing that was perfect today lol. Today just wasn't my day. I decided pretty late on a whim to do this comp which wax probably a mistake but I don't regret going as I had so much fun.

Squat 265/285/pass

bench 175/185x/pass

dead 60/pass/pass

jarred my back on the walkout of my second squat and was pinching a little bit after bench so didn't bother deadlifting. Have come off 2 big volume blocks so cns prob rooted 6 weeks till nats so will peak and deload into that and go better.

was so good to go to the comp everyone was so nice and friendly. Took me back to why I liked powerlifting to begin with. No bullshit and people snapping at you when you ask them a question, no stress just relaxed and run really well. Just like the majority of gpc lifter they are good people and I had a ball which says a lot considering is usually be fucked off doing so badly.

Got abit in common it seems with all these other "bullies" over in upanz too lol. Had to laugh. 

Well going by you and fotr it was a good day had by all. 

No point busting yourself when the nationals is your main focus and looks like zero issues with the pec so that's a bonus. Oh and maybe wed is a better dl day than Saturday hahaha ha only missed 310 but 250k..... just sayin. 

Hahaha cheers. Yeah my arms are a big issue so we are changing the plan heading into nats. 175 bench was hard man arms just giving way and loosing power. Missed 185 which I got on April. So by that I'm going backwards on bench due to arms. It's the squatting before which kills them. Number one priority has to be good arms for nats. 6 weeks to sort it. Not stressing.

Glad to see you there bro and also that you didn't get seriously injured. No one was shit talking at all and your energy encouraging everyone out there was awesome. Everyone had big smiles on. your epic squat opener set the mood for everyone early on I reckon. Considering this was only your warmupto Nationals  I look forward to seeing what you can do in 6 weeks. 

1 hour ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

Glad to see you there bro and also that you didn't get seriously injured. No one was shit talking at all and your energy encouraging everyone out there was awesome. Everyone had big smiles on. your epic squat opener set the mood for everyone early on I reckon. Considering this was only your warmupto Nationals  I look forward to seeing what you can do in 6 weeks. 

Thanks bro. Although I didn't enjoy my lifting today but really enjoyed yelling at you and all the other guys giving it your all and hitting pbs all fucking day baby! 

20/7

squats

200x3x3, 180x5x3

leg press

3x12

leg ext 

3x12

pull down

3x12

back into it. Felt good, back a little sore this morning after last night but felt fine then. Brought my grip out on the squats going to leave it out here takes all the pain away and hopefully can bench to my potential in 5 weeks time from doing this. Just weighed myself this morning 107.1kg. I was 109.6 at comp but the scales were off a 10kg eleiko was weighing 10.3kg. 107.1 real stoked with that hopefully knock another kilo or 1.5 off in 4 weeks. Video below of 8th set

2 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

Lol cheers bro. Am carrying plenty of muscle at the moment. Just gotta put it all together in 5 weeks.

Sure as hell looks like youve had a growth spurt like about 10 kg worth.......share the secrets bro :).  Look forward to following the gains and the next 5 weeks bro- good shit