NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Realtalk

2017 log

Love the log! 230x8 is massive weight to be lifting for reps. Are they dead stops or using a bounce?

Deadlifts... Bouncing a weight off ground isn't deadlifting. The weight is a dead weight every rep that's why called a dead lift. Bouncing is cheating and pointless, may as well do a rack pull.

Reset myself every rep bro that way avoid injury and I make sure each rep is quality. Hands stay on the bar, no rest between the reps but at the same time the set isn't a race.

Thats unreal dead strength to. What numbers are you aiming for at the comp?

Unsure at this stage bro. I'll know in a month what I'll be lifting. Don't really wanna come across cocky and say atm then have it turn to custard and not lift well. Probably run it like 1st attempt easy lift, 2nd attempt training maxes, 3rd attempt all or nothing. But update my theory and strategy closer to comp. Just focused on training tommorow morning and tryna get as close to 110kg as I can pre comp.

Had sore throat Thursday so been heavily self medicating for last few days anyway this entry for Friday I felt like absolute shit. Been taking my multis, vit C, difflam... All the bro science meds that's ppl buy once they sick and that probably don't do shit.

squats 

60x10, 100x10, 140x5, 180x5, 200x3, 220x5, 200x5, 200x5

bench

60x10, 100x5, 140x5, 150x5, 140x5

no assistance work I just felt like death all full of flu and shit, caught it off my bloody flatmate who just drinks piss every night, smokes and eats shit and doesn't exercise, sniffing and snivelling and coughing making me sick on tues night when went in car together from howick down to Flatbush to dump all this rubbish on this quiet street. That Arsehole made me sick I reckon and I can't wait to move out in couple weeks. Lolol

anyway yeah was shit training but I feel sweet now which I'm pretty stoked with, only couple days of being sick must not of got the full gusto as a flu usually sets u back a couple weeks. With this comp coming up can't afford to be set back by sickness. Just sneezing and runny nose now. But headache and that death feeling gone too. So sweeeeet into it tommorow.

Had sore throat Thursday so been heavily self medicating for last few days anyway this entry for Friday I felt like absolute shit. Been taking my multis, vit C, difflam... All the bro science meds that's ppl buy once they sick and that probably don't do shit.

lol at "bro sciece meds"

some medicines actually induce flu symptoms

Speed squats

60x8, 100x8, 140x8, 160x8, 160x8, 160x8

these are done really explosive out the bottom of each squat so on lock out I'm on the balls of my feet and in the earlier reps and sets almost on my toes. The decent is pretty slow with these I'm not dropping and bouncing out the hole like I prefer to do normally. More of an explosive drive than just moving a weight from point A to B or through space as people like to call it. POWER.

speed bench 

60x8, 100x8, 120x8, 120x8, 120x8

these are explosive also, fast as I can off my chest to lock out. POWER.

Horizontal leg press (plate loaded 45' leg press occupied)

3 sets of 10

cgbp

60x10, 100x10, 100x10, 100x10

The flu that never came has gone which is excellent! Off to stuff my face now.

Ok realised I completely fucked that training session up lol

was meant to be 8 sets of 3 reps not 3 sets of 8 reps lol. Ah well still smashed them fast and explosive.

next time I read my programme properly... Ya see too keen hyped up to SFW... no alcohol on weekend so brain not function normally

Heavy delt stations tonight

strict press

60x10, 80x10, 100x5x5, 60x15

side raises

15x3

bent over rear flyes

20x3

front raise cable

20x3

longest protein shake in town 

12sips x 1cup.... Just need two girls.

Bodyweight 106.5kg

post-96994-14166840403563_thumb.jpg

You don't have to be negged for the kudos bar to go down. That's how the system works - contents may settle in transit. You just have to keep making good posts to top them up.

how come yours stays full? i negged you at least 2-3 times a week for a month on other acc wich had half bar kudos and it did nothing and i know for fact that no one repped you in that period coz your posts were shit

Ok guys cheers for lols.

Deadlifts... Today I pulled with no lifting straps for a chahge which I normally don't do.

60x10, 100x5, 140x3, 180x3, 220x1, 260x1, 300x1 (this flew up suprised myself), 240x5, 240x5, 260x5 tooooo easyyyy aka good money aka money in da bank.

lat pull down 

heavy 3 sets 10

sldl

120x10 3 sets

hamstring curl

light 15-20 3 sets

Got asked last week about my working sets and how I do my reps weather bounce or not so I videoed my last working set today which was 260kgx5 here is the video below...

Friday is singles on my squat up to 90% of training max so I'll try get someone to film that because I havnt put a squat video up yet.

Sup guys,

so no training today rest day... Had a bad headache the last couple days which had carried on from my Minnie flu I told you guys about... But headache only at the back of my head on the right hand side.... Think could be right neck muscles?

anyway ajy u guys had this before? Was thinking maybe high blood pressure but nah ruled that out... Then thought dehydration but nah I been purposely drinking heaps... Then thought maybe Lionel alzado inoperable brain tumour lol.

if experienced this brahs then post up.

went Chinese neck massage felt better hour ago now sore again