NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Realtalk

2017 log

Bb push press

60x10, 80x5, 100x5x5

db side raises (both arms simultaneously)

10x10, 15x10x3

db front raises (single arm alternate)

15x10, 20x10x3

seated rear delt row

27.5x15x3

Bb standing behind neck press

40x10x3

bodyweight 104.5kg

tommorow I WILL get the 300kg deadlift which is my training max leading up to the competition my numbers for deadlift are based off this. Comp day I will  hit a 310-320kg deadlift. Prep for that workout tommorow starts today with the food and as much recovery as can get, already nervous for that lift hahaha good shit baby!!

Deadlift

60x10, 100x5, 140x5, 180x1, 220x1, 260x1, 280x1, 300x1, 220x3x3

pull ups

failurex4

SLDL

100x10x3

Seated hamstring curl

10x3

hard but good session, the 220kg deadlifts at end meant to be 270kg but was fryed, have to work on that. Sldl Needa be heavier also but lower back was killing me. It's only assistance work though. Happy with the session overall.

That looked easy. Must be the beard.

It's not meant to be blood vessel popping mate that for comp day. This is just a training max, something I could hit everyday of week if had to. It's 10-20kg lighter than comp max and these are what I try and base my percentages off for the working sets most of which for this program are quite high. Bit different to what I normally do but I can see the benefits. 

I just make sure I complete each session, give maximal effort and don't miss lifts or attempt lifts/sets I know I will fail. And rest should take car of itself. I think will be very happy with the numbers come end of October.

Back squat

20x10, 60x10, 100x5, 140x5, 180x3, 200x8, 200x8

Bench press 

60x10, 100x5, 140x3, 160x1, 180x1, 160x8, 150x8

DB bench press

45x12, 40x12, 40x12

leg extension 

3x20 reps

tricep push down 

3x20 reps 

bodyweight 105.2kg

below is the video of my training max bench of 180kg

mean bro, are you gunna do the GPC comp? gunna be so sick lifts go down, will be some real good comp in the 100s and 110s with plenty well over the 700, you will give sen a good run, should clean up

Yep bro GPC I qualify 4th October and then do the nationals. I'll be in under 110s, gonna put on a few more kg from now till then. I could drop under 100 but Don't really care bout wilks just want be as strong as I can be and get biggest lifts/total I can. Will be a fun prep and an even better day.

Lol it's all good. Apart from today mate.

shit day in gym today, morning training with f*ck all fuel in body (musta been low carb) Just one of those weak days. Watched the ABs on sat night had a few drinks so time to knock that shit on head during lead up... Pissing up is my Achilles heal.

not gonna log the shit workout today completed it all but weight was shit tho. Was mad now all good tho. 240 for single squat which flew up then my body turned to arseholes, working sets 200, bench 140 working sets, leg press and cgbp.

gonna start training at night again, even though gym packed out then with idiots who take up space chatting I think the fact that I would be able to give more outweighs that.

anyway you get those days every now and then, I think as long as you still try your hardest and complete the workout that's all you can do. A few 20s were thrown round and bars slammed against racks today (huhuhu) but tommorow another day.

Shoulder warm up

Standing military press

100x5x5

db side raises

front raises

rear delt flyes

seated db press

Was powerful today 100kg strict presses were easy shit back how should be 

Strong over head pressing. No wonder 180kg bench flew up! 

Deadlift

60x10, 100x5, 140x5, 180x5, 230x8, 230x8

chins

2 sets to failure got 15 and 11

Lat pull down 

2 sets 10 heavy... Switched to these instead of doing 4 sets of chins cause last 2 sets chins woulda been shit. Lower back is ballooned and fucked by now... Built for power not endurance lol.

sldl

140x5x5 meant to do sets of 10 but lower back pump unbearable!!! Dropping 140kg barbell on the ground from hip height and dropping to lie on the floor bout to unleash the beast 

hamstring curl

3 sets of 15 reps.