NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Realtalk

2017 log

Fri 7th...

trained at fitco today in tauranga, this is the gym I normally train at when I'm down this way. It's a good gym, all one level, high roof, lotsa space and all the equipment I need (which isn't much with this program).

trained with girlfriend today, helping her out with a few things. She doing the apa powerlifting comp on 1st match with group of other people from her CF box but good to make sure she won't get any red lights on technical bullshit as this her first comp so should go well. Wasn't a hard training for me wasn't in the zone to go heavy heavy just lotsa taking plates off bar and putting back on and so forth for each set

squats:

60x5, 100x5, 140x5, 180x5x3, 200x3x2

bench:

60x3, 100x3, 140x3, 160x3x3, 180x3

barbell row:

100x5x5

Found the beer that old fulla drinks in the meme "i dnt often" and struck the pose for the brahs and miscers lol...

post-96994-14166839486431_thumb.jpg

180x3 is pretty good. better than anything ive done. whats the most weight youve ever done for bench? and is the beer any good or shit?

Yeah it's not bad I'm happy with that. Pb 190 for 3 or 4 back in my early 20s at les mills new Lynn can't recall it very clearly... when I lived at home, did 3 chest and shoulder workouts a week and spent 50% of my wage on juice and the other 50% on food. Couldnt squat or deadlift then what I can now though so it's all relative. Now days I spend 50% of my wage on rent and 50% on letrozole.

the beer is ok, we had couple margarita jugs before I got beer so it tasted same as any other beer. Made me feel like that meme guy tho lol

Tonight we did 1RM squat and deadlifts at the local crossfit box (well it's more like 1 of 6 local crossfit boxes in a 5km radius of my house lol). Only went up to a 220kg single on squats which was easy as I wanted to join in with everyone for squats but still save myself for a pb on the deadlift. I'm 100kg atm about 5 or 6 kg lighter than I was when I posted the photo of myself in this journal. Went overseas for 10 days 3 weeks ago and lost weight then last weekend went to wgtn on a big bender weekend lol fun times man! Anyway got my pb deadlift tonight I really wanted 300kg but I am happy with the 290 I got given the circumstances here is a video for you guys, it's a hearty effort...lol

Can't see vid (maybe coz I'm on phone in some bs place?) but sounds like its time for me to give up on lifting. I used to think straps and belt was for faggots too. Think I still do deep down.

I dunno who that is bro, 310 @ 100kg is mean that's 20kg more than I just did which is a lot if weight, I Just keep training hard, definitely do a comp this year sometime... If I don't I'll never be ready. I actually read a really good article a month or so back when I was just clicking on shit randomly. It was about the mental barrier and expectations people as power lifters have about competing, that feeling of never being ready and always thinking your lifts aren't good enough or big enough for competition. So you wait till they are bigger and you never end up competing and blah blah. It was a good read, tryed to find it but cannot unfortunately.

Did my squat video we did after the deadlift... Coulda gone heavier but energy down and ribs were sore on squat. 220kg pretty light not that proud of it but I'll post it anyways 

Going to change my training to a 5/3/1 from the 5x5 based program I been doing for quite sometime look forward to seeing how that chahged goes 

Back squat 

60x10, 100x8, 140x5, 180x3, 200x8, 200x8

bench press

60x10, 100x8, 140x8, 140x8

leg press

7ppsx10, 10ppsx10, 10ppsx10, 10ppsx10

cgbp

60x10, 100x10, 100x10, 100x10

cable tricep extension

10x10x3

chin ups

failurex3

First time ive seen this journal . Awsome dead and squat .  Strong as .

Chur bro,

got comp end of October like I said I would compete in June so started my programming for it today... Ahh Mondays are the days for new programs and new diets alike lol

so I'm logging it for someone on here to read and to keep it real.