Ab's

hobo

Im a pretty much every day gym guy,i do mostly weights as brute strenth helps with my job a lot. I incorperate at least 15 mins of hard cardio with every training session and once a week is a dedicated hour of slamming cardio. With out patting myself on the back to much,i leave it on the floor after every session. I have gone from 118kgs down to 104kgs and am building up to 110kgs (weight i like and am comfortable with). My diet is top notch,and ab's is part of my warm up in every session with stretching.I often change up my ab routine to keep it interesting,and this has been my routine for the past year   or so. My question is how come im not showing any definition,definetley core stronger than ever before. The age old question how do i get rid of that last layer of fat. I get the feeling like im going to be told to keep working hard and excersise some patients. Does being over 35 make it just that much harder or is that a myth? Also tried fatburners,getting a bit fustrated as to wether im on the right track.Rest of body coming along nicely.

Thanks Hitro, i don't really know but that's an interesting point. Would you recommend seeing a nutritionist to further educate myself and fine tune diet to achieve goal. Im no bodybuilder just trying to get my former body back. Not easy when you work 12 hour days.

you might be eating 'clean' but if you are eating too much then you are eating too much doesn't matter what it is in the end (alternatively, it might be way too little as well which has similar effect of losing weight but remaining pudgy).

my sister (and probably heaps other people) has this same problem lol thinks her diet is impeccable follows all these stupid diets from magazines or whatever with those really expensive meal plans, does heaps of ab workouts and hour of cardio everyday still with massive fat on triceps/abs after like 6 yrs of gym & expensive diets.

your answer is not to train abs more or do more cardio it's simply to take control of how much you eat. yes a proper nutritionist can definately help you since you are quite busy but if you ever have some time off on your hands it would be good to look in to learning a bit about diet yourself so you can take things into your own hands but certainly a professional will get you started on the right track much sooner. this involves basically balancing energy in (food) vs energy out (all exercise including work), the nutritionist can help you measure your body fat % too as can staff at your gym. alternatively if you put up a photo here people can estimate it for you. your abs will show when you fall under a certain bodyfat % (generally 14% and under for men), there's no exercise you can do to help them show besides the ones in the kitchen.

working 12 hour days and going gym every day you might have another problem on your hands which is lack of quality sleep. deep sleep is the period in which your body does all of it's important recovery work such as rebuilding muscles. you work a physical job and you go gym everyday you are gonna hit a wall in terms of gains eventually. you could just do between 3 and 4 gym sessions a week if been at work already 12 hours wouldn't wanna be in gym too long either keep the workout simple with the big compound movements and get home for some food/rest