quality of nz regional athletes

jono

upon seeing photos of many of nz regional competitors ive got to say i am quite disapointed.

there really are not many outstanding competitors. however i think the one of the main problems is a lot of athletes simply cant pose.

bodybuilding is not just about training, dieting, resting.. its also about how you present yourself.

ive seen photos where competitors clearly dont know how to pose and obviously have been posing for a short amount of time. simple things such as keeping arms at the same angle as each other in front and rear bi shots are too hard it seems.

more flaws become known when some competitors dont know how to show off their lats, or hamstrings.

i think a lot more importance has to be put on posing in our sport these days.

comments ?

Absolutely. In preparing for a show, most competitors will try to get advice on diet and training from someone experienced. But all too often, they leave the posing practise till the last minute. I don't understand it - you've gone to all the trouble of creating the package... why spoil the effect by not delivering it properly?

You do have to be careful when comparing NZ bbing to other countries, though. I know it's an old worn-out reason, but there is still some truth to it: we simply don't have the same numbers competing as other countries (think US) do. That's not to say our athletes are all bad - some would/have/are competing with the best internationally. But we shouldn't expect to have as many top athletes, purely because we don't as many total athletes.

Absolutely. In preparing for a show, most competitors will try to get advice on diet and training from someone experienced. But all too often, they leave the posing practise till the last minute. I don't understand it - you've gone to all the trouble of creating the package... why spoil the effect by not delivering it properly?

You do have to be careful when comparing NZ bbing to other countries, though. I know it's an old worn-out reason, but there is still some truth to it: we simply don't have the same numbers competing as other countries (think US) do. That's not to say our athletes are all bad - some would/have/are competing with the best internationally. But we shouldn't expect to have as many top athletes, purely because we don't as many total athletes.

yeah i understand NZ bbing is very small compared to a country like the usa, however i still think athletes should be heavily marked down for improper posing.