Let it begin - First competition Log

rapz

Hey guys!

Have been meaning to get this log under way so here we go.  I have started my competition preperation for my first contest in May,  this will be a 18 week preperation and i plan to log, trainings, nutrition, feelings, experiences, photo comparisons and AAS compounds used throughout the prep.

A bit about me...

I have been a sportsman all my life, always trained and just love physical activity in general.  My chosen sport was league, i had the opportunity to move to AUS and play in the younger NRL competition, awesome experience but at the time i was young, dumb & full of cum and my head wasnt screwed on.  So i came home and continued to train both in the gym and with league right up until 3 years ago, this is when i took a interest in bodybuilding.  I was intrigued by the different aspects of bodybuilding and the personal challenge it presented with the lifestyle changes required.  In the 3 years i trained about 2.5 years naturally, i knew i had a decent base from my resistance training so it was building from there.  I went through phases of learning how to diet down and gain weight, this in itself was a huge learning curb and how my body works.  The last 8 months i made the choice to use AAS, there is no complicated reason for it, i have ambitions and goals to compete and do well in addition im interested in how far i can take my physique. I view AAS as tools in bodybuilding, im a huge believer that a user must have some basic knowledge of bodybuilding principals at the very least, know the pros and cons of using hormones, and know how to train their fucking arse off.  Everyday I'm learning, thats why i love doing this.

Current Stats

Height: 187cm , 6ft 2"

18 week out weight: 136kgs

The Rundown...

I have a coach that is assisting me this prep, basically i started my prep last week (Thursday 16th Jan 2014).In terms of traning i will be lifting 5 days a week, looks like this.

1 - Legs (quad focus)

2-  Chest, Calves

3-  Rest

4-  Back, Biceps

5-  Legs (Hamstring focus)

6-  Delts, triceps

7-  Rest 

i have programmed my training so i have split up my legs (quads and hams) as hamstrings is a weakness i would like to work on.  Coach has me doing 45min low intensity cardio and fasted first thing in the morning.  Cardio is everyday at this point (FML). *wacko*

Diet wise, 20 weeks out im consuming 3400 calories a day.  the focus is depleting so the coach says.  Macro wise, roughly 400P / 240 C / 100 F. Foods include the usual bodybuilding foods - Oats, Eggs , Chicken , Fish , Veges , Nuts, Whey.

Supplements (OTC) - Multi vitamin, Fish oil , HMB , Whey protein

Contest Cycle

now i had initially planned a rigorous cycle begining 20 weeks out.  however after talking with a few experienced BBers i decided against it and come to the conclusion it was probably too much for a first time competition.

i revised things and still have to double chech with coach but this is the plan.

18 weeks out

test prop - 500

Boldenone - 600

clenbuterol - 40mcg ED

16 weeks out

test prop - 500

Boldenone - 700

Masteron - 350

clenbuterol - 60mcg ED

12 weeks out

TNE - 200 (back and leg days)

Test prop - 210

tren ace - 525

masteron 350

clenbuterol 60mcg ED

WEEK 11 - added anavar 50mg ED

WEEK 10 - added t3 50mcg ED

8 weeks out

test prop - 250

tren ace - 700

Masteron - 525

proviron - 50mg ED

clenbuterol 60mcg ED

6 weeks out

test prop - 250

tren ace - 700

masteron - 525

proviron - 50mg ED

winstrol - 50mg ED

clenbuterol 60mcg ED

4 weeks out

test prop - 250

tren ace - 700

masteron - 525

proviron - 50mg ED

winstrol - 50mg ED

clenbuterol 60mcg ED

2 weeks out

tren ace - 700

masteron - 525

proviron - 50mg ED

winstrol - 50mg ED

anadrol- 50mg ED

clenbuterol- 60mcg ED

1 week out

few days before the show will drop injectables and will run oral through the to show day.  possibility of adding halotestin in last week at 30mg ED (210 per week) will discuss with coach.

Everything will be discussed with coach and may change along the way.  The peak of my AAS reaches just over 2 grams which is still a lots for me, if anything things will be tapered down and not up this is maximum dosages.  i will run ancillaries accordingly.  Letro, Aromosin etc will be used to take some water out within the last weeks,  i will update thread as i go.  this is not set in stone just yet, is subject to change.

Comparison Photos

i will document weekly, i will do my best to take photos in same lighting and place etc.

Thats all i can think of for now, look forward to it all and open to any advice, critique, opinions , help or whatever - it all helps :)

I've read a few articles suggesting High Intensity cardio is more benifical than Low Intensity cardio, I know Ben Pakulski does sled sprints etc which is much more fun than standing on the treadmill of 40 minutes! 

Edit: Found some links http://www.biolayne.com/contest-prep/best-form-of-cardio-for-bodybuilding/ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcM8HablpZk

Will be following this thread it interest! 

I've read a few articles suggesting High Intensity cardio is more benifical than Low Intensity cardio, I know Ben Pakulski does sled sprints etc which is much more fun than standing on the treadmill of 40 minutes! 

Edit: Found some links http://www.biolayne.com/contest-prep/best-form-of-cardio-for-bodybuildin...

Will be following this thread it interest! 

im a big believer in HIIT bro! im just following coaches instructions at this point, it could be a possibility later on down the line, the thought of doing HIIT now at my weight makes me wanna faint lol

so are you cycling the clen or just running constantly ramping up the doses as your comp approaches? and HMB...reckon in your experience it actually provides any benefit?

not cycling clen just running straight through, wont go above 80mcgs.  i know studies suggest the downgrade of receptors etc but ive been talking to a few experienced bodybuilders who have run right throughout their contest prep, ive also run it for 12 weeks continuosly in the past and results were good.

HMB - ive never tried, it was reccomended by my coach to aid recovery and supress cortisol - thats if i could afford it.  so im gonna give it a go for a couple of weeks, if its shit il drop it.  So far recovery wise i feel sligtly better but too early to tell.

How i dose HMB.

1g prior morning cardio

1.5g pre workout

1.5g post workout

1g before bed

Had a gruelling 2.5 hour leg session last night, didnt realise how long we were there for, I have DOMS for days everywhere today and i can feel it getting worse. :(  also i trained with a female competitor lastnight, she trains a lot harder than most guys i know so having her there was a plus, i was absolutely shattered when i got home, could barely eat and just wanted to sleep.  I have a new pre workout supplement  - HYDE - pro supplements , one of the stronger pre workouts i have tried lately.  Today I welcome the rest day, completed my AM cardio followed with some core work.

Leg extension (warmups -)

1/3 stack x 15

1/2 stack x 15

2/3 stack x 15

2/3 stack x 15

BB squats

60 x 20

100 x 15

140 x 15

180 x 14

220 x 6 (spotted/assisted)

hack squats (feet narrow & 4 second eccentric phase)

2pps x 15

4pps x 12

5pps x 12

6pps x 8

Leg press

6pps x 20

8pps x 20

10pps x 20

Leg extension (15 reps - 2 second concentric phase)

3/4 stack x 15 superset 20 partial reps

3/4 stack x 15 superset 20 partial reps

Seated calf raise (rest pause set)

1pps x 100

Standing calf raise

1/2 stack x 20 x 4

looking big man. will follow this log.

thanks man!

morning weight- 130.6kgs (last week 136.3kgs)

felt like shit yesterday, had a day off lifting - basically went straight to bed when i got home from work and woke up to eat meals then back to bed.  Even felt a bit groggy this morning so i didnt do cardio, i will make up for it tonight and complete after my chest session.  Clen is giving me small headaches at times and hands are shakey as fxck!! lol *crazy*

got my meals prepped for the day and ready to go, feeling heaps better. * egg whites and whole eggs * chicken, kumara, green beans * chicken, rice , green beans.

JcSFHLXl.jpg

mean leg train bro and good luck on your journey to the stage

thanks Gymrat! :)

1 weeks down! lol :-D

Felt a lot better yesterday after a good sleep, went in and done some chest and a bit of triceps.  Bit of a different workout yesterday for chest, i usually like to go fairly heavy and work in a pyramid fashion.  instead we incorporated lots of drop sets and higher reps and we keep rest periods very short, workout was completed in about 45min, chest and tris were hella pumped!!  caught up on my cardio yesterday post workout and its ssafe to say i would rather drag my arse out of bed at 5.30am vs post workout,  got a check in with my coach today, so will update when i get his feedaback so far.

DB incline press

20 x 20

35 x 15

50 x 20

60 x 17 (3 forced reps)

60 x 12 (3 forced reps)

Hammerstrength Incline press

2pps x 12

3pps x 12

3pps x 8 drop set 2pps x 8 drop set 1pps x 15

DB flat flyes

25 x 12

35 x 12

40 x 12 (2 forced reps) drop set 18 x 15

Cable flyes

1/4 stack x 20

1/3 stack x 20

1/2 stack x 12

1/2 stack x 12

2/3 stack x 10 drop set 1/3 stack x 20

Cable rope pushdowns

2/3 stack x 20

stack x 12

stack x 10

stack x 8 drop set 1/2 stack x 15

Incline skullcrushes (EZ bar)

40 x 20

50 x 12

50 x 12

50 x 10

Seated extension machine

1/4 stack x 20

1/2 stack x 12

3/4 stack x 10

3/4 stack x 8 drop set 1/4 stack x 20

feeling a bit shitty today, only got 5 hours sleep.  after training had to go food shopping, prep meals, prepare last 2 meals, shower and spend a bit of time with the missus.  Finding it tricky to balance everything and not let myself get stressed out. On a positive note got to meet and train with another member on the forum lastnight, good to meet new people - especially from here! :)  also caught up with my coach yesterday who took me through some posing practice, within 10min i was pouring with sweat, its fxcking hard work to keep everything tight, overall he is happy with progress so far - just gotta keep doing what im doing *music2*  second leg session is tonight, pray to god i find some energy lol

Back & biceps

Cable lat pulldown (widegrip)

1/3 stack x 15

1/2 stack x 15

3/4 stack x 12

3/4 stack x 12

stack x 10 (3 forced reps)

Smith machine row (underhand grip)

2pps x 12

3pps x 12

4pps x 8

2pps x 20

Hammerstrength pulldown

2pps x 15 superset 10 partial reps

3pps x 12 superset 10 partial reps

3pps x 10 drop set 2pps x 10 drop set 1pps x 10

Db one arm rows

60 x 15

60 x 12

60 x 10

Assisted chin up machine

couldnt remember the weight

set 1 - 12 reps (2 forced)

set 2 - 12 reps (3 forced)

Db curl

14 x 15

20 x 12

20 x 10 drop set 12 x 8 (failure)

20 x 8 drop set 12 x 8 (failure)

Seated preacher curl (3 secnnd eccentric phase)

22.5 x 12 ( 2 forced reps)

22.5 x 12 ( 3 forced reps)

22.5 x 12 ( 3 forced reps)

Righto deep into week 2 now lol (16 weeks out)

such an unproductive weekend , i just caught up on sleep, did my cardio and trained delts and triceps on sunday.  my sleep has been really average lately and i can feel it begining to take its toll on me, probably too much stimulants (pre workout) too close to bed.  I have been trying to stay off the scale and leave it to once a week, i have weighed myslef but il leave it until tommorrow for a proper comparison, fxcken mind games i tell ya! lol  i plan to start the masteron this week (friday).  trained quads lastnight and i was exhausted after the first exercise.  comparison photos from last friday, my usual training partner was away so i had to ask a random stranger to take them haha so quality wasnt great.

quad training

leg extension - 2 warmup sets 15 reps , 2 working sets (triple drop sets) a minimal of 30 reps each set.

smith machine squat (narrow stance)

2pps x 20 , 3pps x 12, 4pps x 10, 4.5 pps x 8

Leg press

6pps x 25 , 8pps x 25 , 10pps x 25

Hack squats ( 4 second eccentric phase)

4pps x 10 x 3

BB Walking lunges

50kg x 20 x 2

2w1pMwbl.jpgl9Jv75Rl.jpgW7SKV58l.jpgUo51o7Nl.jpgDheZz3ll.jpglAdCblZl.jpg

c0yblKcl.jpg