40 mins, Morning and Evening

Jkey27

Hey :)

Thanks for the replies. Not trolling... I'm a pacific islander and most of the food I eat is just fatty e.g lamb flaps, chop suey, salted beef and mums fried corned beef :D .... I tried eating healthy but only lasted about three days because I was always hungry and craving the hell out of KFC!!!! Can someone reccommend a good diet as well as a good running program? Thanks guys :)

Healthy diet

Breakfast - 6 weet bix

lunch - sandwiches (ham, lettece, cheese)

Dinner - white rice, steak and veges

rapz: Thanks bro......

Ok here we go

This is a pic of when I was semi working out. I'm flexing here

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2czap3l&s=5

I would pick one muscle to workout on different days. I didn't have a set program, I would just do random exercises E.g

Chest - Benchpress, Incline DB press, Chest Fly Machine and Cable Cross Overs....

This is me now, 1 and a 1/2 years later.....

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=161e0kp&s=5.

I just want to do running now and have a program that doesn't deal with weights. Will I be able to gain good muscle? Please recommend a good non weight training program as well as a good cardio program :) Thnx

1. Lift weights  

2. Eat your idea of healthy food but eat as much of it as you can. 

This will stop you craving and having the junk as often or as much of it, having junk every now and then (or even one meal a day to start off) is still ok though.

Its pretty natural that when you tried to eat "healthy" you were craving junk as there would have been dramaticaly less calories in the "healthy" food and your body has been used to more calories. Making a huge leap doesnt make your body feel the best will make it harder for you to stick to things - no matter how much you want it! The problem with the junk is that there is too much fat in it and not enough calories from other sources so its hard to get a good balanced diet while having it. Having the amount of junk that you've been having probably equals quite a lot of calories - "healthy" foods in comparison are usually less dense in calories so you can get quite a bit more volume of the food down you without it coming to the same calories - so dont be afraid to eat a good amount of it of even add another meal or snacks - and on top of that the "healthy" foods having a better balance will probably mean it will be used in a better way by your body :) 

To make it easier to change over to healthier foods you could set goals such as having one "healthy meal" a day for the first week. then two "healthy" meals a day for the second week... etc etc. Then third week only having a takeaway every other day. These are legit goals but try and make ones that you think will work for you. 

Looks like u got some good muscle underneath Jkey!

Lets see you want to lose fat.

its been said a million times, if your diet is not controlled somewhat, then exercise alone might not be enough.  Knowing how much energy you intake (eat) and how much you expend (workout,exercise,daily activity) IMO is key if fat loss is your goal.

Once you have the above worked out, the most important thing overall is your expending more energy than your consuming.  You might hear the term calories pop up often aka "energy" in the diet sense.   All foods are made up of calories (energy) ,  what you must do Jkey is work out how many calories you need on a daily basis to lose fat, once you know that, its really upto you to choose the appropriate foods to eat, as long as your in energy deficit you will lose fat.

all running/jogging does is burn energy (calories) etc.   so you will understand that if you didnt know how many calories you were consuming you could be chasing your tail and going no where except building up  your cardio vascular endurance.

Does that make sense? And why the no lifting? Your hard earned muscle will lilely fade away with all the running amd energy deficit etc.

@Dinahlady Thanks a ton for the advice! Yeah the cravings are the most difficult for me.... I like your idea of "healthy foods goal" so I'm def gonna use it.....

@rapz Thanks bro! How do I work out how many calories I need on a daily basis to lose fat please? Thanks for you compliment. I'm going to be busy so I think I might not have time to use weights..... Hopefully I do. Weights room for me is a great way to relax.

@Dinahlady Thanks a ton for the advice! Yeah the cravings are the most difficult for me.... I like your idea of "healthy foods goal" so I'm def gonna use it.....

@rapz Thanks bro! How do I work out how many calories I need on a daily basis to lose fat please? Thanks for you compliment. I'm going to be busy so I think I might not have time to use weights..... Hopefully I do. Weights room for me is a great way to relax.

there are a ton of online calculators and formulas people use and i think there used to be one on this forum as well but i cant find it.  Do a google search.

Its good to compare 2 or 3 calculators as some will give different reading depending on the formula they use, the thing to do is pick a "roundabout" amount, trial it for 2 weeks, if your losing fat then all is good. If not then eat a bit less, its all trial and error mate and what works for you.

also if you want to build muscle, resistance training (lifting weights) is the go to here. Sure maybe some press ups and chins will help a little, but nothing like a good lifting program could achieve alongside decent nutrition, our bodies are smart and like to adapt, thats why resistance training is good, there are so many ways to vary the resistance lol

make time bro!!

that depends how much running are you doing now / have been doing recently? if the answer is none or not much, you will just get mad injuries like shin splints which will just end up being counter productive to your goal.

whether you lose or gain is all up to the very simple equation energy in (food) vs energy out (exercise).

you used to be in good shape but now you are chubby this can either be :

• you started over eating between the time you were in good shape & now
  • or you stopped exercising the way you did
  • or a combination

if the problem is that you are eating more than you used to then the easiest route would be to try go back to your old eating habbits (slowly, not all of a sudden). a more calculated approach would be to find out what your energy intake requirements are by putting your stats into here http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm then you can check how much calories you get in to you per day by using something like myfitnesspal.com or just reading the labels on the back of your foods and adding them up.

a good way to recompose your body (more muscle, less fat at once) would be to

• control your food intake to match your daily energy expenditure
  • include weights workouts 3x a week and do your running separately to those

if you didn't want to include weights then your other option to get in to fitness/being active would be instead of running 2x a day 6 days a week run 2~3x a week with things like cycling and/or swimming in between (also known as cross training).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks big time FellowshipOfTheRon! I'm actually gonna make time for weights now :D Got those calculations sorted as well.

@dinahlady How many servinings of this per week would be fine? I will be running 3 times a week and weight lifting 3 times a week.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34ya3k8&s=5#.UucRPs6Briw

Its called Povi-Masima (corned brisket marinated in salt) The cabbage is boiled with the corned brisket marinated in salt so its soaked with its juice. I usually eat it with rice. Thanks

Thanks big time FellowshipOfTheRon! I'm actually gonna make time for weights now Biggrin Got those calculations sorted as well.

@dinahlady How many servinings of this per week would be fine? I will be running 3 times a week and weight lifting 3 times a week.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34ya3k8&s=5#.UucRPs6Briw

Its called Povi-Masima (corned brisket marinated in salt) The cabbage is boiled with the corned brisket marinated in salt so its soaked with its juice. I usually eat it with rice. Thanks

get better quality meat, that meat in povi-masima is shit, more fat than good - i love it too, but if your going for better quality food, something like rump steak would be better.

I want to eat it as a cheat meal. I like that fatty stuff..... How often a week can I eat it and still get decent results? My plan is as follow. Weights 3 times a week and 30 run 3 times a week and eating plan is this.

6 weet bix, 1 banana

2 boiled eggs, 2 brown bread

Lunch ?

2 banana

Dinner ?

795.6 Calories for Lunch and Dinner

Calorie maintenance =3048. Fat loss =2438 and the Above meal plan is 1642.4. Does that mean the remaining 795.6 calories can be used on any type of food (Junk) and I'll still lose weight and gain muscle as long as I do my runs and weights?

Thanks bro!