100kg Bench press test

Skeletor

So i keep seeing guys on Youtube doing 100kg bench tests. Can anyone tell me what the goal of it is? Is there supposed to be a required amount per bodyweight or just max reps touching chest and keeping in contact with floor and bench?

remember seeing this years ago also on youtube. isnt it a component for amerian football selction/trials or some similar faggy shit? max reps of 225Ib/100kg

Yeah, it's part of the combine testing for college football players. Probably the most useless test they do to actually determine the value of a player. 

True that.   Thought it was some sort of muscular endurance test . Maybee ill give it a crack and see where im at. Would be good to see a few of the bigger guys on here smash out the reps and post a vid.

Yeah bro high reps so form can be 7/10.  Just needs to touch chest not bounced and pretty much full lockout.

What do you reckon?

I'll throw some Muscle Fuel, Protein bars and singlets into the prize bag.   

Good lead in to the GPC bench comp on the 15th of February here in Hamilton.

Yeah bro high reps so form can be 7/10.  Just needs to touch chest not bounced and pretty much full lockout.

What do you reckon?

I'll throw some Muscle Fuel, Protein bars and singlets into the prize bag.   

Good lead in to the GPC bench comp on the 15th of February here in Hamilton.

Mint idea, not sure how competive I would be though ha. 

The age thing only comes into play when you are over 40 I think Tom. Although bench press is usually a lift you can keep getting better with age.

Would love to have you compete at the GPC bench comp Azide. Drop me a line on FB if you're keen. We are hyping up some of our match ups. There will be a great showdown in the under 90s where we have 2 lifters who will bench 170+

Tom has verbally commited. Just waiting for the registration bro!

• 1 month later...

think the comp you guys just did was instead of this one. i didnt post vid for the 5 min one but got 20 reps first set @103.75kg weight on bar (asymetrical). ppl should just give this a go anyway. f*ck prizes

Didnt look at the date the thread was started so yes it probably morphed into the 5 min challenge.

Oh well it is still a good idea for another challenge

Hi Guys, what about us females, please do not tell me that we have to do 100kg !!!. Do not think I could even get one out at 75kg !

Im pretty sure i can take you on this challenge Rebel. *yes3*  I might have a jab at it tomorrow morning. I think i should be able to manage just over 10 all going well.

Hi Guys, what about us females, please do not tell me that we have to do 100kg !!!. Do not think I could even get one out at 75kg !

Im pretty sure i can take you on this challenge Rebel. Yes 3  I might have a jab at it tomorrow morning. I think i should be able to manage just over 10 all going well.

Hahaha yes as I said I cannot even get one at 75 kg but I'll have a go on Monday next week

Im pretty sure i can take you on this challenge Rebel. Yes 3  I might have a jab at it tomorrow morning. I think i should be able to manage just over 10 all going well.

Hi Skeletor I will concede this one to you I only managed 1 at 75 kg

Hi Skeletor I will concede this one to you I only managed 1 at 75 kg

Haha yes!!!    Id better not speak to soon though. was going to do this on friday but ill have a crack this week.