NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Skeletor

No Bake Protein Bars

Stumbled on the recipe for these bad boys on facebook and have been eating them the last few weeks. Easy to make and taste awesome unlike all the dry crap you buy in the stores. Although they do have a lot higher calorie level than most they are perfect post training

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

2 Cups creamy peanut butter

1 1/4 cups honey

2 cups (not scoops) vanilla protein powder.       I use isolate.

1 cup oats

100 grams of almonds and walnuts.

Combine Peanut butter and honey into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 90 seconds on high.

Remove from the microwave and stir the 2 ingredients together until a creamy mix.

Add 2 cups of vanilla potein powder and mix together. You can use chocolate if you prefer.

Pour in 1/2 to 1 cup of oats and mix until desired thickness is reached. ( i usually go a cup and a half)

Now crush the almonds and walnuts and sprinkle them throughout the mix stirring in.

Other items can be added such as seeds etc.

Lightly grease a shallow oven dish or the like and pack mixture into it pressing down to make a flat surface to the desired thickness. Cover and refridgerate for at least 6 hours. Cut into anywhere from 10 to 20 bars to suit.

It works out to be approx 430 grams of protein in the mix as i was using isloate and the carbs where slightly higher than this at around 600 thanks to the honey but its all good unless your trying to shred. Either way i find them ideal post training and as snacks.