NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudonym

Strawberries are in season!

Use them! Yummy, low calorie, and right now, cheap as anything.

500g tub of cottage cheese
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
Strawberries

Combine cottage cheese and protein powder, adding as much water as needed to mix. Cut the tops off strawberries and chop into quarters. Arrange delicately on top of the cottage cheese. Admire, then devour.

post-2-14190332838533_thumb.jpg

Yup bloody good Alright.

i dedicated about half our vege garden to strawberries and have about 40 plants in there and they are all cranking and have been since early December. Would be great to have them year round.

i tried the recipe with a few tweeks (milk not water, cookies and cream syntha-6) mine tasted good but the consistancey was like lumpy puke, seems the cottage cheese didnt mix well with the milk. made it hard to down quickly. did you blend it or use a wizzer? I just mixed it with a spoon.

consistancey was like lumpy puke

Or like cottage cheese, perhaps?! :D

Yeah, it does have lumps in. I don't mind that with vanilla or berry flavoured protein. It's much less appetising with chocolate protein (then you get white lumps in brown sauce - not good!)

But sure, throw it in the blender and it'll certainly be nicer. Almost like a mousse. Unless I'm trying to impress someone though, I don't usually bother.