Skeletors Quest For Strength

Skeletor

Solid lift 

Cheers Leeroid

Impressive!

BTW, if you want to embed video in your post, use the filmstrip icon next to the smileys, and paste in the same URL code you used. I've just edited your post now to do it for you.

Thanks Pseudo i appreciate it and will know for next time when i have a crack at the bench challenge .

Smolov squat base cycle. Week 3 day 2 =142.5kg x 5 sets of 7.

Went well and had no real issues apart from a slight niggle in my lower glute or hamstring .

Yesterday I stuffed around doing some benching at home and felt a kind of sprain type feeling in the upper corner of chest / shoulder/ bicep area and its a tad sore when I lift and rotate my arm today so going to give upper body a rest for a few days. Its definitely not rotator, rather a tendon or inflamed muscle. Two more days of base cycle then I take up to a week off and test 1rm . Hoping for a minimum of 10kg increase and may have a crack with wraps after that.

Smolov squat base cycle week 3 day 3 = 150kg x 7 sets of 5

Today was a mission to be honest although still got through. Had to slow down the speed of the sets a bit on a couple so i came up and paused for 2-3 seconds before doing the next rep.  Did my first real hypertrophy train for arms yesterday in ages and had the new Arnold pump pre trainer. Got a massive pump in my arms but it made me sweat something terrible and had the jitters for a few hours. Would be great if you are trying to lose weight because by the end of the day my abs were sticking out like dogs balls.    Shoulder area still a tad sore so rest up for a bit from heavy bench and shoulder press.

So had a failure for the last day of the base cycle.  Starting doing my squats and had a massive pain in my bicep but kept going and did the first set of 160kg x 3 reps and that was enough for me , my arm was in pain like a tear or something. Not sure if its from doing low bar and having my arm back and maybee putting to much pressure on bicep or what.Will still go for a max rep attempt later in the week.

Did a light chest and back workout . Chest yesterday and back today after work.

Flat bench. 60kg x 25 rep, 100kg x 8 rep, 120kg x 5 rep, 100kg x 10 rep, 60kg x 20 rep

High incline db press. 30kg x 20 rep , 30kg x 15 rep, 30kg x 12 rep

Cable upward flyes .  Light x lotsa reps lotsa times.

Today   Deadlifts  60kg x 10   100kg x 5 ,  140kg x 5 , 170kg x 3, 180kg x 3,  180kg x3

Wide grip pull ups x 10 superset with barbell rows 60kg x 10     x 2 lots

Cable pulldowns to touch upper chest . 2 sets of 10

Just ordered some Inzer gripper 2.5m knee wraps and a few other bits and pieces. Was thinking of trying out a squat suit and a bench shirt but will learn a bit more about them first.

Thanks Realtalk.  Thats the plan to work for next.

Its definately in the bicep Leeroid so yeah could be that from over squatting

Today i did light shoulder workout and decided to give my triceps a good old fashion thrashing.

Standing bar press. 60kg x 10       x10      x10

DB side raises pause at top for 2 secs. 10kg x 15      12.5kg x 10        15kg x 10    12.5kg x 10

Rear delt machine       1 set of i dont know the weigh

Hanging weighted dips   Bodyweight x 10     +20kg plate x 10    +30kg plates x 10   +40kg plates x 10 ( new PB )   

Reverse grip tri pushdowns    3 sets 10

Ezibar grip pushdowns      3 sets 10

Good workout overall. Tricep strength is coming up. Bicep still tender .

Tested 1 rm for squat this morning. Managed a 180kg . 10kg up in 4 weeks and i guess im happy considering.  Was going to try and use my old wraps and push for more but they are budget and not even powerlifting ones so left it at that. Possibly could have pushed more out had i trained later on and not on an empty stomach but i cant complain.

Current maxes are

Bench    140kg

Squat     180kg

Dead      210kg

Current bodyweight    79.8 kg morning.   81.9kg    evening

Bit of a quickie train as i had to get to work so just a bit of bench etc

Bench press     60kg x10   100kg x 5    120kg x 5   125kg x 1   130kg x 1    135kg x1   60kg x 30

Cable flyes     3 sets of 10

Machine flye    2 sets of 10

Went home and got a shag before work which was wicked as so glad i saved a bit of energy for that cause it was a pretty intense 2 minutes. 

Doing the switching cycle for Smolov squat this week but im breaking it down to 1 week instead of 2 so i can get into it earlier and im not going to be happy until i hit the 200kg squat.

Been having a low key deload  as starting back to the Smolov intense cycle tomorrow. Was going to hit it today but still a bit sore from my pathetic max reps effort . So instead i had an upper body sesh after work in the heat.

Bench = 60kg x 10   100kg x 10  120kg x5   120kg x 4  80kg x 10

DB Rows   30kg x 10   35kg x8   35kg x 7

DB shoulder press     30kg x 15   35kg x 10    35kg x 8     level with mouth and full lockout up on all

Ezibar arm curl      40kg x 10     45kg x 8    45kg x 7

Wide grip pulldowns  1 x set of 12

close grip pulldowns  1 x set of 12

Cable preachers     1 set of 8

1 min rest roughly between all sets  and stop short of failure but feeling super weak today , maybee the heat, maybee just being a pussy but have been on call and having only 5-6 hours sleep a night over the last week so going to implement a siesta into each work day during the hottest 2 hours.

So not supposed to start back on Smolov until thursday i just realized so instead i had another crack at the 5 minute max rep challenge taking a different strategy of sets of ten  and pulled out 58 exactly before time was up and didnt really push myself to hard  . Didnt feel sick afterward this time and legs arent feeling to bad yet. Totally new style of training for me and if i try it again im gonna aim for 6 sets of 12 which i reckon i can do but breaking it into smaller sets of 10-15 is definately the key

Smolov squat intense cycle. Week 1 day 1.

117.5kg x 3 135kg x 4 152.5kg x 3 sets of 4 152.5kg x 5

After having two weeks off heavy squatting it was a bit of a mission getting through it all and the final set was a tough ask but I did just do max reps two days ago and not much sleep so all and all going ok. Added the belt for the 152.5 s and used neoprene sleeves throughout which are a size to big . Have ordered some new type of knee sleeves from inzer along with wraps and a bench shirt for a bit of fun. Still waiting.

Woke up this morning and legs were feeling shattered from getting back into the heavyish squatting but went out and got through most of it

Smolov intense cycle week 1 day 2

107.5kg x 3     125kg x 3     145kg x 4     162.5kg x 3     152.5kg x 5      152.5kg x 2.5

Last set of 152.5kg was supposed to be for 5 reps and couldnt even get the third rep.  Just knackered and looking forward to two days off . Going to miss the low weight day in 3 days and try for 70 reps in the bodyweight challenge and will maybee bring this into my training once every 2 weeks for a few months as i quite enjoy it.

Pretty low key train today .

Smolov squat intense cycle week 1 day 3 .      100kg x 4    120kg x 4   140kg x 5 sets of 4

No trouble at all but forgot to take my squat shoes so had to do it in sneakers but felt alright

Deadlifts  100kg x 6   140kg x 6   160kg x 4    180kg x 5

Nothing to strenuous ,only wore belt for deads .