Skeletors Quest For Strength

Skeletor

Training today.   Current bodyweight in afternoon 82.9kg

Competition bench .     60kg x 8   100kg x 5   120kg x 2    130kg x 1    135kg x 1   140kg x 1    142.5kg x 1

Finished with bodyweight for 30 reps .  Didn't film it but will do one for the chance at a spot prize next week.

Squats  I just worked up to a 200kg high bar beltless and two back offs at 185kg

Arm curls  ezi bar 50kg x sets of 5.     52.5kg x 5.  

Lat pulldowns        x 3 sets of 10

Came home and ate almost a full packet of toffee pops and then started spinning out and shaking . Might have diabetes .  Might just be a reaction to being a fat c*nt

Couldn't be bothered training today its so hot here.

Squats I worked up to a 210kg single and back off 0f 180 for 3

Bench worked up to 140 x 3 and backoffs of 130.

Really enjoying this style of training not maxing out and being able to go again near everyday . Feels like the strength is growing . Judging what my 90 and 80 percent is hardish though but getting the hang of it .

Started doing box squats at the gym today.

High box squats about 4 inches above parallel.  180kg x 5   200kg x 5   220kg x 5 with belt

Squats      180kg x 5    160kg x 5   

Pause squats    140kg x 2 sets of 3 long pauses4-5 seconds

Squats 60kg x 20     80kg x 15    100kg x 15

You like the box squats?

Yeah I don't mind them . Its just a different angle for me to try to get the raw squat up. Would like to hit 240 at least this year and more if possible.  Have to build my own though because our gym hasn't got much . Just trying to work out exactly what heights I need to make them .

Yeah I don't mind them . Its just a different angle for me to try to get the raw squat up. Would like to hit 240 at least this year and more if possible. Have to build my own though because our gym hasn't got much . Just trying to work out exactly what heights I need to make them .

I used one at my old gym that they had was perfect for my height/squat. It was actually just to parrelell. Box squat won't really transfer to raw squat it's more about building a strong posterior chain which carrys over to squat and deadlift. There's a few diff ways to do them, one of the most common ways showed imo is incorrect for raw lifters. Really wide stance and sitting back then relaxing on the box is only if benefit to equipped lifters. You don't want to train your body to become loose at the bottom of the movement. Equiped lifters always have problem at top of the movements (this is where their suits offer the least support). Whereas raw lifters stick point normally at bottom portion of the movement. When I do them I sit back onto the box so if someone removed the box from under me I wouldn't fall

Over. So my legs are narrower than normally and my pause on the box isn't very long and I don't loosen my core.

Just think about what the person showing you does is it raw or equipped, it really is quite different movement patterns and the methods of training are different too.

Put pics up once u made them bro.

I used one at my old gym that they had was perfect for my height/squat. It was actually just to parrelell. Box squat won't really transfer to raw squat it's more about building a strong posterior chain which carrys over to squat and deadlift. There's a few diff ways to do them, one of the most common ways showed imo is incorrect for raw lifters. Really wide stance and sitting back then relaxing on the box is only if benefit to equipped lifters. You don't want to train your body to become loose at the bottom of the movement. Equiped lifters always have problem at top of the movements (this is where their suits offer the least support). Whereas raw lifters stick point normally at bottom portion of the movement. When I do them I sit back onto the box so if someone removed the box from under me I wouldn't fall

Over. So my legs are narrower than normally and my pause on the box isn't very long and I don't loosen my core.

Just think about what the person showing you does is it raw or equipped, it really is quite different movement patterns and the methods of training are different too.

Can kinda tell by feel that its not good to relax once you hit the box. Once muscles relax and you "sit" down you can def tell spines not keen to hold that weight

Yeah bro the one I have made at home is pretty smack bang on parallel. I cant do the westside style of box squat anyway with that wide stance as I squat quite close together. I just touch the box and pause for a split second and try and explode up . Kind of how I pause squat but it gives me a set depth each time.  Id like it to carryover to my deadlift though that would be mint .  Also it gives me a chance to overload on the higher box squat to get used to the feel of  heavier weight.  Thanks bro

Yeah bro the one I have made at home is pretty smack bang on parallel. I cant do the westside style of box squat anyway with that wide stance as I squat quite close together. I just touch the box and pause for a split second and try and explode up . Kind of how I pause squat but it gives me a set depth each time.  Id like it to carryover to my deadlift though that would be mint .  Also it gives me a chance to overload on the higher box squat to get used to the feel of  heavier weight.  Thanks bro

Yeah bro good one!