Chicken nachos

Pseudonym

900g chicken breast, skinned and chopped into small pieces
500g bottle Dolmio Extra Spicy Peppers pasta sauce
400g tin of red kidney beans
400g Home Brand plain salted corn chips
150g Edam cheese, grated
Tomato, finely diced

This recipe makes 3 meals for me, so subdivide it when serving, and put the rest in the fridge.

Heat a pan with a little oil, and brown the chicken breast. Add sauce and beans and cook (stirring occassionally) until sauce is thick enough to sit on top of chips.

Arrange chips photogenically on a plate. Add sauce, sprinkle cheese and tomato on top. Eat.

Total macros: protein = 400g, carbs = 340g, fat = 150g
Subdivided into three meals: protein = 133g, carbs = 113g, fat = 50g

post-2-14190332844415_thumb.jpg

Looks good Pseudo, though how do you get 133g of protein from 300 grams of chicken? I've been looking on myfitnesspal and it comes up to around 65ish

I've always worked on the basis of chicken breast being 30g protein per 100g (although I know some databases list it less than this). You've also got protein in the cheese, beans, and even corn chips.

Looks good Pseudo, though how do you get 133g of protein from 300 grams of chicken? I've been looking on myfitnesspal and it comes up to around 65ish

I've always worked on the basis of chicken breast being 30g protein per 100g (although I know some databases list it less than this). You've also got protein in the cheese, beans, and even corn chips.

Ok that makes a lot more sense if you were taking the chicking as 90g. I was just finding it hard to come up with 70g of protein from the other ingredients when my original assumption was 65g from the chicken.

• 7 years later...