What have I done to my shoulder?

Humble

When I do a dumbbell bench press I have this pain on the side of my shoulder and its taking away all my strenght in that arm and fail to lift the weight up.

The thing is I have no idea how I injuried myself. It doesn't hurt at all moving my arm around, only under tension.

that sucks man you are so young and early in to your journey... i could take a guess what it is but probably gonna scare the shit out of you will just leave it to the more experienced/scientific ones like OH to diagnose. in the mean time i recommend you stay away from all pushing movements, go train your back and legs. if any exercise gives you that feeling where you instantly lose power from that arm then avoid the exercise until you get professional advice (for yoru own safety and to avoid making the problem worse)

the root of the problem could be imbalances, how strong is your back compared to your chest/shoulders? do you ever train rear delts or warm up before doing pushing movements? how is your posture, neck/shoulders rolled forward? everyone who lifts ends up doing something to their shoulder then we learn our lesson the hard way about why good warmups are important

@Gymaholic I tried with 10kg dumbbells and no pain.

@FellowshipOfTheRon Could it really be that bad considering I didn't notice injuring my self during a workout and daily activities are fine?

I possibly unintentionally put more effort into training my chest and shoulders then my back, only because its my favourite to train. I enjoy bent over rows though. I keep shoulder blades pinched when pressing. To warm up I do some light weight exercises and get shoulder moving around, and get all the clicks and cracks out of my joints.

• 2 weeks later...

the root of the problem could be imbalances, how strong is your back compared to your chest/shoulders? do you ever train rear delts or warm up before doing pushing movements? how is your posture, neck/shoulders rolled forward? everyone who lifts ends up doing something to their shoulder then we learn our lesson the hard way about why good warmups are important

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dose it hurt even if u have a good warm up and work up to a heavy weight?

I had a partial torn rotator cuff not long ago but it dosnt sound like that.

Maybe it's your joint, try taking flaxseed oil for a while see if that helps

I was getting pain in my right shoulder joint doing flys u till I started taking it.

From my experience never work through pain. And I mean never, it will only agrovate it worse.