Newbies, come and say hi!

Pseudonym

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm Jaimee, 26 year old burlesque dancer/post office lackey/costume designer.

I started lifting in January after my husband built a home gym from equipment we got on trademe, but just had to take 6 weeks off to recover from surgery when I broke my patella (luckily you don't need legs for chest day haha ;) )Can't wait to get back into it- I miss squats!

Awesome to see so many supportive people and great info here :)

Thanks Rebel101, it's great to get some female inspiration! I'm still rehab-ing the knee, so only leg raises and light straight leg exercises allowed at the moment, but I'm hoping to get the sign off from the physio for squats this week :)

I had just worked up to squating my own bodyweight so it was a really disappointing set back!

Azide, yup that's me, the photo was taken at a Mad Max theme car rally we did last year :)

Thanks Rebel101, it's great to get some female inspiration! I'm still rehab-ing the knee, so only leg raises and light straight leg exercises allowed at the moment, but I'm hoping to get the sign off from the physio for squats this week Smile

I had just worked up to squating my own bodyweight so it was a really disappointing set back!

It is okay it will come back quickly just keep intensity down for a while until you get comfortable with it.

You look in good condition so it all helps when training well.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...