Newbies, come and say hi!

Pseudonym

Have the best aesthetic body the world have seen, from abs, to back, to every part of my body.

The point I think they are making is being 'aesthetic' is subjective. Everyone has different views on proportions, size, bodyfat etc. 

Where as winning a comp can be an objective measure. In theory anyway haha.

Exactly. To some people the pinnacle of aesthetics might be Steve Cook (mens physique), to others Alberto Nunez (natural bodybuilding), and to some Ronnie Coleman (8x Mr. O).

The thing is you can only achieve what your genetics allow. For example, many people will never have a six pack. They can have absolutely shredded abs, but the actual shape of them cannot be determined by training.

Just aim to become what in your opinion is the most aesthetic version of yourself.

Words outa my mind right there. Though I see myself as the best; not as I am now, but the vision I have for the future. Hope that makes sense. I want to be a motivator, I want to inspire, make people change their lives for the btter in every way possible. I'm going to do everything I possibly can to make my dream come true.

Words outa my mind right there. Though I see myself as the best; not as I am now, but the vision I have for the future. Hope that makes sense. I want to be a motivator, I want to inspire, make people change their lives for the btter in every way possible. I'm going to do everything I possibly can to make my dream come true.

oh great another swift in the making

What a bunch of cynical bastards! :D

What's wrong with having that as your goal? I might have worded it slightly differently, but basically I had the same goal when I started - still do, actually.

I just want the kind of physique that other people aspire to. Seems to me that's what Abel's saying too. That's fair enough, isn't it?

What a bunch of cynical bastards! Biggrin

What's wrong with having that as your goal? I might have worded it slightly differently, but basically I had the same goal when I started - still do, actually.

I just want the kind of physique that other people aspire to. Seems to me that's what Abel's saying too. That's fair enough, isn't it?

low carbs brings out the cynical bastard in me lol

As much as I don't want to interrupt the discussion of the chasing of perfection.... I am.

Hi all, been mooching round the forums for awhile and not bothered to introduce myself so thought I'd quit being a lazy prick and do so. 

I've been a regular lifter for a few years now, with reasonable progress. I've a military and medical background so like a range of workouts to achieve fitness not just for bb. 

Currently rehabbing a shoulder injury so dealing with the frustrations of rehab. 

Anyway, hi all, enjoy the forums and loving the gym weirdos thread!

Chur

Hi all, I have just joined & am very excited about it all. I am a Personal Trainer & have recently decided to enter my 1st Body Sculpting Comp in 2015. Never done anything like if before but can't wait! :0)

welcome aboard. which comp are you going to do? should be an interesting journey :)

Look at you all suddenly coming out of the woodwork!

A doc and a PT - high calibre members indeed. Welcome, guys.

fitdoc wrote: 

enjoy the forums and loving the gym weirdos thread!

At 70-something pages long, there's a lot to love. It's the topic that keeps on giving!

Hi all, I have just joined & am very excited about it all. I am a Personal Trainer & have recently decided to enter my 1st Body Sculpting Comp in 2015. Never done anything like if before but can't wait! :0)

Hi and welcome abord good luck on on journey to your first comp it is a exciting journey.Plus you will be hooked after your first comp

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Started training late 80's trained solidly into the mid 90's  ( 98kg 7% at my best )

Until life's other commitments got to busy. 

Rejoined again around 2007 with a lot of excess to lose, by late 2008 was down to a happy 96kg and 13% lard. Then my shouder took over, burstitis ? cortizone etc physio and gave it away.

2010 and divorced I tried again, but work and other commitments, and excuses ....

Now 2014 and training since late Febuary and shredding those kilo's, strength has returned in leaps and bounds, and the lard is under 30% and dropping quickly. Trying my best to keep my lean mass constant (79kg), and body out of recovery mode.

Goal get to 15% body fat - then revaluate things .... who knows

Gary

Hi Everyone

I have had a weight problem most of my life. All through school I was bullied for being the fat kid.

And even during my working life i have suffered continuously with jibes about my size. For a while I did get in shape and played rugby until work prevented me from getting the time to play and work out so on came the kgs I went from a muscular 95kgs upto 140kgs in the next 7 years.

I am now 43 and have lost over 20kgs and down to 117kgs and hitting the gym 3 to 4 times a week. I have noticed that there has been a lot of stuff on social media about using both a testosterone booster and nitric oxide supplement to burn fat and gain muscle.

I am wondering if this is as good as it says it is?

I try to eat healthy most of the time but being involved in the hospitality business it can be difficult at times.

I know there are no miracle fixes and that if i use these supplements I have to put in the hard yards and watch what I eat too, but just want some advise on these supplements if anyone can help.

Many thanks

Timmer

Hey Gary and Timmer.

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you're both coming from a pretty similar place, and both making pretty good progress already. Nice!

I have noticed that there has been a lot of stuff on social media about using both a testosterone booster and nitric oxide supplement to burn fat and gain muscle. I am wondering if this is as good as it says it is?

No. It's not.

While testosterone can speed up your metabolism a bit, which can make it slightly easier to burn fat, over-the-counter testosterone boosters are unlikely to boost your testosterone enough to have any noticeable effect. If they even boost it at all.

Nitric oxide, as far as I'm aware, is all about producing more of a muscle pump. How much that corresponds to increased muscle growth is debatable.

So these supplements really aren't going to make much of a difference for you. Sorry to burst your bubble - but there's no short cut for hard work!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been wondering where to post a quick intro, and here I've found it. 

27 yo, have been lifting for roughly 3 years solid now, and have gained a lot of knowledge whist doing it. Have been a frequent visitor of these forums for some time, but just haven't had the time to post anything necessary without seeming like a full noob.

I'm wanting to know, how do we send PM's through here?

Cheers,

Bolt

• 3 weeks later...

hi peps namez samson thought ill get myself out there and known to nz well me pretty much in da same boat

wit everyone here to be inspired and motivated by others to fullfill my ultimate goal. which is take out da nzifbb nationals for my class and go far and beyond cause to me and through me ITS POSSIBLE:-) hope to share and learn advise through gym nation

Hi there...Been lifting on & off for about 8 years (mostly 'off' if I was to be honest!). I keep in touch with the bb scene locally and internationally, and am contemplating a debut early next year, as long as the body holds up. My training has been pretty solid for the last 9-10 months, so I'll give it a crack. This is a great website, lots of intersting and helpful topics to keep me motivated and moving forward. Cheers!!!*preved*

Pseudonym, can you PM me - having trouble getting hold of you via the contact us form. Thanks.

Really? I wonder if it's broken... Email me on admin@gymnation.co.nz - you won't be able to reply to PMs while you're still under 5 posts.

Oh, and welcome, Beaujan. You should definitely get on stage at least once - it's one of those bucket list things.

yes i competed at nzifbb counties manukau and qualify for nationals on october. should be awesome

got a lot of prep, should be starting back next week

havent been able to afford suppz lol its hard starting from the bottom but some good info in this site

see thats the good thing infos are FREE :-)

the right one that is with sooo much out there