Newbies, come and say hi!

Pseudonym

Hello :D Not sure if i can be classed as a Newbie now.

Slight Introduction:

Have now been lifting seriously for around 2 years; Started lifitng for a New Years resolution and haven't looked back since. Love setting goals and achieving them; Both mentally and physically.

Looking to join a new Gym in the Auckland CBD soon. Anyone recommend any? I'd ideally like one that has good opening hours, so far i'm leaning towards Less Mills...

Never too late to say hi, Stussy... Hi!

Les Mills is certainly a good choice, particularly if you can pick up an old membership on Trademe. I was about to link you to the Auckland CBD gyms topic we had recently, but I see you'd already seen it. Blum 3

Haha Yeah. I did note that; Did see quite a few second hand memberships on TradeMe which looks quite promising.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi everyone,

i was on the old nzbb about 5years ago when i was in the best condition id ever been. since then deppression and a flare up of an old ankle injury has stopped me training and led me to me not treating the body like a temple lol, six months ago i had my right ankle fussed, four months in cast and then couple more months just to be walking half normal.

Three weeks a go i gave myself a huge kick up the arse and joined a gym and cleaned my diet up, weight is falling off and already feeling stronger. even with the ankle fussion im back squating and deadlifting , 

thats about it for now so looking forward to getting to know everyone

hi everyone,

i was on the old nzbb about 5years ago when i was in the best condition id ever been. since then deppression and a flare up of an old ankle injury has stopped me training and led me to me not treating the body like a temple lol, six months ago i had my right ankle fussed, four months in cast and then couple more months just to be walking half normal.

Three weeks a go i gave myself a huge kick up the arse and joined a gym and cleaned my diet up, weight is falling off and already feeling stronger. even with the ankle fussion im back squating and deadlifting , 

Heya ngapuhi. Sorry to hear about your fusion mate . Had a big fall off a roof and smashed my heel bone a year and a bit ago and i was borderline fusion so only recently back squatting and deads myself.  Do you have full mobility in your ankle?

hi everyone,

I remember you lol.

chur bro.

Heya ngapuhi. Sorry to hear about your fusion mate . Had a big fall off a roof and smashed my heel bone a year and a bit ago and i was borderline fusion so only recently back squatting and deads myself.  Do you have full mobility in your ankle?

i have no up and down movement but still have side to side movement

• 2 months later...

Hello to all professional, senior bodybuilders and new members. Hope everything is fine on your side.

Introduction:-

My name is Rishi. I am 26 yo male from Auckland. At present I am trying to transform my body into a good shape. My diet is vegetarian. Hope I’ll learn lots of stuff from you guys.   

Thanks.

Hey guys my names Abel Kean and I live in Auckland and have just started my bodybuilding career. I'm 24 and have been seriously gyming and dieting the last 4.5 months now and have entered my first comp thats falls on this sunday and I'm excited as hell about it. My goal is to become aesthetically perfect, I want to gain as much muscle as possible naturally and enter as many comps as I can. I want to overall just better myself in all aspects of life - bodybuilding being my main objective as I'm in love with the gym and absolutely love what it can do to the soul. 

If anyone has any advice for my journey feel free to let me know. I want to become number one with aesthetics and show people what a body can do if given 100%, I have years to do this and I'm not going to stop until the days stop. May sound silly to some of you but to me its a dream worth giving everything for.

Have the best aesthetic body the world have seen, from abs, to back, to every part of my body.

The point I think they are making is being 'aesthetic' is subjective. Everyone has different views on proportions, size, bodyfat etc. 

Where as winning a comp can be an objective measure. In theory anyway haha.