Bloating

Top Cat

Whey protein has a tendency to bloat folks. If you are taking whey protein, then you might want to look into checking out some protein powders that cause less bloating (usually protein powders for lactose intolerant are a good bet). Good luck!

When I was eating heaps of fibrous veges (broccoli, beans mostly) I got major bloat issues. It really hacked me off 'cos I loved them but just kept feeling sick after a meal :(

If you're eating alot of broccoli, I'd try cutting down the intake and seeing what happens.. if its that then maybe think about reintroducing new veges?

When I was eating heaps of fibrous veges (broccoli, beans mostly) I got major bloat issues. It really hacked me off 'cos I loved them but just kept feeling sick after a meal :(

If you're eating alot of broccoli, I'd try cutting down the intake and seeing what happens.. if its that then maybe think about reintroducing new veges?

OH i totally am getting it right after i eat my brocolli and chicken, dammit i love broc aswell. oh crapola. any ideas of what other veg i can have?

OMG, tell me about it... after a bowl of broccoli I look pregnant! :x

I had asparagus (unfortunately more $$$ but yummier lol). Maybe you could try green beans (weren't as bad for me as broccoli), cabbage, onions...? Or even if you continue with the broccoli, you could try some digestive enzymes -- haven't tried them myself but it should be somewhere at the supermarket near the aspirin, panadol and whatnot ;) I think there's one called Beanos.

Do you eat alot of gum as well? Dunno about anyone else, but it seems to make me bloat too :pfft:

i agree on the gum. it So does!

eat carrots for ure fiborus vege-theyr gud.

OR asparagus, bambooshoots, beans, beetroot, bokchoy, brusselsprout, cabbage, capsicum, cauliflower, celery, courgettes, cucumber, eggplant, garlic, herbs, leeks, lettuce, marrow, mungbeans, mushroms, onion, parsnip, radish, rocket, silverbeet, spinach, swede, tomato, turnip, watercress. Fewf-lots of choice. hope that helps :)

iOR asparagus, bambooshoots, beans, beetroot, bokchoy, brusselsprout, cabbage, capsicum, cauliflower, celery, courgettes, cucumber, eggplant, garlic, herbs, leeks, lettuce, marrow, mungbeans, mushroms, onion, parsnip, radish, rocket, silverbeet, spinach, swede, tomato, turnip, watercress. Fewf-lots of choice. hope that helps :)

jeepers did you leave any veg out? haha, ok well that helps heaps, i know now to keep away from broc, dunno what im giong to do bout the gum tho, thats my saviour in the day when i feel im still hungry. hmmmm...

• 4 years later...

Hi Ladies,

I don't mean to resurrect a dead thread but I came across this while searching and though I'd post some information that you may find useful.

You're right - the vegetables do contribute to bloating. 'Bulky raw foods' such as veg takes up more room in the gut than a cooked portion. If you cook your vegetables they shouldn't bloat you as much.

Some vegetables are also more 'gassy' than others, such as cauliflower. Eat these and watch your belly grow (and release gas with entertaining sounds over time :P:)

As for the chewing gum, yes thats another one to stay away from if you have bloating problems as it makes you swallow air.

Hope that helps someone.

• 4 months later...

I can totally identify with you regarding the bloating. I always struggle with bloating when I'm pms-ing. It's annoying. I have found that certain foods make it far worse, such as sparkling water and lentils. Have you tried cutting back on your protein and then increasing your intake gradually? Maybe your body isn't used to that level of nutrition right away. I wouldn't assume the bloating is something worse, like symptoms of fibromyalgia or something. Your body probably just needs to adjust.