Introducing Myself

homegymattempt

Hey guys,

Sport and fitness is a major part of my life. I used to play a lot of sport but kind of tailed off in the last couple of years. Anway, I'm getting back into it, tennis, a bit of rugby and a lot of gyming. I've been going to the gym for around 8-10 months now in Auckland. I started out at around 62kg and skinny as hell. I never needed much weight before, with tennis it was mainly lean muscle and power. 

I have now just broken through the 70kg mark, at 19 years old.

My bodyfat has gone up. I started out at 11% bodyfat. I'm not sitting on 13% as off 2 weeks ago. I use a machine the gym has that measures stuff with electric pulses or whatever so I think its relatively accurate. My fitness journey has gone from the prime movers and creating a higher core strength and general weight gain to now a more crossfit style gym session. For this reason, I am putting together a small home gym. I have the squat rack some mats, weights and barbell. I also have some dumbells from before and tractor tires etc (even though that one is more strongman). I need to get some kind of platform built up which I plan to do after my exams are done, and this is what got me into this forum, some help on that front. I am building myself a prowler slep type thing and pull up bars and dip station etc.

I spend a lot of time on youtube. I have had some personal training but most of the stuff I've learnt is from tonnes of youtube watching. 

Thanks for reading everyone

I've really struggled with eating enough throughout the process but it seems to have paid off in the fact that I haven't actually put on too much fat. 

Yeah I'm thinking of just doing a sled to start off with. I have an old car tire and concrete so I'll use some bars and make one for the meantime. 

Has anyone here bought themselves bumper weights?

• 2 weeks later...