how come only my left side of my abs pop out?

softie

ive been training for a while only started eating properly for as little as 2 months now though, ive allways had left abs almost a solid three on that side but on my right side you can only see like the rib bone popping out, do i need more muscle on that side? or try get less body fat i dont think im to high in body fat as the left side shows

It sounds to me like maybe you're only flexing one side? Getting that mind-muscle connection happening is essential for properly posing your abs.

What happens when you do side crunches? I imagine you'll be able to feel the abs bulging on the left. Can you feel them on the right?

You could have a difference in abdominal tone/appearance if you have one of the following:

1. A rotation trough your lumbar spine (especially bottom segments)
  2. A torsion in your pelvis (one inominate forward or backwards in relation to the other +/- psoas issues) 
  3. A slight difference in leg lenght (thus pevic rotation) 
  4. Nerological reasons

If it isn't anything major I wouldn't worry to much...

Hard to say without pictures ... regrdless I thought I share my 10 cents worth. 

Ps: Not trying to freak you out. Some of these are "normal" and you see it in lots of people to some degree. A part of imbalances we develop due to everyday living, unilater sporting activities, work posture etc... Just the same way we have one of our arms slightly bigger or better developed, so if it is nothing major don't loose sleep over it.  

Your whole upperbody is shifted to the left. If you look at the position of your nose and chin it is way off-line from the center. Wonder if you have some scoliosis or a shorter leg .. something along those lines.Anything you aware of????  Basicly your upper body is shifted towards your left. So the right abdomianls are stretched while the left side shortened. No wonder they pop on the lef side. 

I marked the center line as I think it should be. It will make it more obvious. The line (if you weren't shifted) should run through your belly button, chin and nose etc... 

Makes sense? 

post-92688-14166838525422_thumb.png

wholey hell,i have broken my leg before a couple years ago, and it was in different casts for months this was my right leg by the way, do you think from it being in casts it might not of been able to grow as theres no room for it to move, i went through about 7 different casts for about over 4 months but thats only a short time

Your whole upperbody is shifted to the left. If you look at the position of your nose and chin it is way off-line from the center. Wonder if you have some scoliosis or a shorter leg .. something along those lines.Anything you aware of????  Basicly your upper body is shifted towards your left. So the right abdomianls are stretched while the left side shortened. No wonder they pop on the lef side. 

I marked the center line as I think it should be. It will make it more obvious. The line (if you weren't shifted) should run through your belly button, chin and nose etc... 

Makes sense? 

wholey hell,i have broken my leg before a couple years ago, and it was in different casts for months this was my right leg by the way, do you think from it being in casts it might not of been able to grow as theres no room for it to move, i went through about 7 different casts for about over 4 months but thats only a short time

Makes sense? 

People often end up with problems related to casts. I don't think it is a leg lenght difference secondary to your broken leg. Hard to say without knowing all the factors tho.  How old were you when you broke your leg? Was it a complicated fracture? Did you need surgery to fix it? Eg compund fracture etc

Right now I think it is just a postural adaptation due to wearing cast for a few months (like wearing a shoe with a high heel on one side and a flat shoe on the other like a chuck taylor, You will lean to one side 24/7 while you on tour feet etc you kind of addapt to it. Quite a common thing actually, but you know it is a bit hard to say for sure with so little knowledge of the whole thing. If it is indeed a postural adaptation secondary to wearing a cast for a few weeks... It doesn't have to be permanent. A genneral stretching routine addressing the whole body eg: yoga classes could sort a lot of your problems out. Just from what I see it is coming from the upper L and thoracic spine, but you would need to get it looked at by some one who can take you trough proped examination routine checking for scoliosis, pelvic rotation, leg lenght differences etc... the internet is not the place to "diagnose it". 

You should look into getting it checked out if it is something that bothers you just my 10 cents worth. 

Fantastic posts OH *clapping* 
Just from what I see it is coming from the upper L and thoracic spine, but you would need to get it looked at by some one who can take you trough proped examination routine checking for scoliosis, pelvic rotation, leg lenght differences etc... the internet is not the place to "diagnose it". 

Don't see what's so mindblowing about OHs posts (no disrespect intended). If you look at OP's pics its blatantly obvious that he's leaning to the left, he's like the goddamn leaning tower of Pisa. You don't need to be an architect to see that its tilted.

I'm honestly surprised that the OP even had to post a question and that he genuinely had no idea what was causing the imbalance. If your head is located over your left foot then of course you're not going to be fucking symmetrical, are ya?

Man OHs responses, has to be post of the month right there. Very impressed OH

yup gotta be. not just in this thread but been another couple recently with good contributions from him too

like the bottle piggy-bank thread

The pinnacle of my life's work *preved*