Home gym advice - power rack?

Ronny

Hi all,

I'm looking at pooling money and setting up a basic home gym with my brothers to save on gym memberships, would be keen for some advice on the best (& cheapest) way to go looking for equipment for bench press, squats, pull ups etc.

I've seen a $300 power rack on trademe that serves all those functions, by iron power. I imagine thats probably a bottom of the range brand to be able to offer it so cheaply, but has anyone had any experience with them, or know if their products are alright? 

The racks can hold up to 185kg and the pull up bar 135kg. That sounds ok for our requirements - max body weight for us probably 85-90kg.

Any other advice would be a big help. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I had a power cage from no1fitness. Had the pull up bar and the cable for top and bottom. Was pretty decent and should be fine for your weights (80-90kg as you said). I only sold it because my personal preference is actually going out to the gym. Motivates me more. Plus it got annoying constantly adjusting the weights on the dumbells!