Dunedin Gym

nat23

Hey, um think this is in the wrong part of the forum? but yeah. 

I train at Snap fitness Dunedin its a really good gym. Its open 24 hours so would be good for xmas/holidays (no change/restriction in hours). Also has lots of free parking.

How long will you be staying? They have short term contracts so you could join up when you arrive and arrange when you want to stop paying/are leaving. Then you just have to pay the weekly fee for which would work out cheaper than paying for casual sessions and you could workout as much as you want. 

Kool thanks, thats helpful.

Im only there for a week so just pay as I go. Probably only 3~4 workouts. Would be good to chat/exchange ideas etc with people in my own language for a change. (l live/work in South Korea ATM) I should be in good shape by then as i plan to enter a fitness or muscle model event March April (spring in Korea). Thanks for passing that on. :)

What's the gym scene like in South Korea? Looking at some of the pictures of the Korean champs and stuff, it seems much more competitive than the NZ bodybuilding scene. All of them have fucking massive quads though. Must be an Asian thing lol

lol, yeah my trainer is into his legs too, kills me everytime we train them. Having said that he knows his stuff, I had back and neck issues and they've dissapeared.

Currently I live live in a 'small' town (150k population) so here most dudes are into soccer early morning before work. I train mid morning and not a lot of big guys at all, in my town. But I hear up in Seoul its a totally different story. Recently my friend visited a few gyms when he was on holiday in Seoul and he was blown away with the size of the guys there.

As for the scene, I have always been a gym junky but just started getting serious in the last 6 months or so. I watched a few events, local state and also the WBFF event in Seoul last year and was impressed. Loads of hot ladies too, fitness/swimsuit models etc. Im heading up to watch a competition next month, I'm told there will be a few pro's there.

Myself, I'm training for the fitness/muscle model look, its just more appealing to me. But yeah body building is alive and kicking here! Seems though the trend is moving back towards a more symmetrical physique condition (also more popular with audiences) as apposed to the massive dudes. But each to their own thing, it all takes a huge effort and sacrifice to create the body we want and the guys and girls who are doing it ...... deserve respect!

Thanks for taking the time to post here, holla out anytime!  :)

Nat

I would avoid Unipol because it is very busy in there when the students are in Dunedin and for other gyms in Dunedin are World fitness center where I work cost 12 dollars for a causual visit.Sky Fitness,Jetts do bother to check out from what I have heard it is very small.I love Korean food

Do you think there will be many students there in December/summer when he's coming here..?

No. There won't.

Its not busy at most times anyway, and the equipment is good. Definitely better than les mills. I signed up for a free 1 week trial there and had a look around, but never came back to train as it looked busier, has no parking, had less space and seemed to have higher ratio of fuxkwits training there than Unipol.

that's just my opinion. I heard the Olympic gym in mosgiel is pretty good, and there is a gym at Moana pool but when I had a look a year or so ago the dumbbells only went up to 45 or 47.5kg.

Sky I've heard is good but never been, maybe phedder can comment as he went there last year.

Yeah the unipol gym is pretty good and cheap for the casual rate. 

If your main goal is to go in and be able to lay eyes on some "bodybuilders" then sky fitness will probably have a couple milling around at all time (I imagine, but I havent been there). But every gym has a couple of big guys. 

Unipol sounds like the cheapest and ive been there peak times and its not that busy (especially wont be in summer). 

They all sound good to me. Cheers!

I've checked out a few online supplement stores and ordered a pre~workout...it will be waiting at my parents when i arrive. But would like to visit a supplement store in Dunedin and pick up some protein powder as it will be a little cheaper after currency exchange rates etc....