Pre-workouts and Fat-burners? Advice plezz:)

kc64

If you wanna be a good sales rep atleast dont be so phucking obvious about it. My mates on the director board of isagenix. Gonna contact him about your shit sales rep.

I never new people would get so offended about offering them a solution that I have found works for me. I dont call myself a sales rep I'm a normal person that works full time and I take the isagenix system and I tell people about my success and my personal friends successes with it. I never force it on anyone I just tell them what I do and for those looking for a way to get in shape quickley or to get a kick start in living a healthier way of life then it works and Im not saying other ways dont at all Im just speaking from personal experience which is what a forum is about, sharing personal experiences. Alot of people have never heard about it so why not be informed about what else is out there. I never intended to offend anyone so please dont try offend me.

If you wanna be a good sales rep atleast dont be so phucking obvious about it. My mates on the director board of isagenix. Gonna contact him about your shit sales rep.

I never new people would get so offended about offering them a solution that I have found works for me. I dont call myself a sales rep I'm a normal person that works full time and I take the isagenix system and I tell people about my success and my personal friends successes with it. I never force it on anyone I just tell them what I do and for those looking for a way to get in shape quickley or to get a kick start in living a healthier way of life then it works and Im not saying other ways dont at all Im just speaking from personal experience which is what a forum is about, sharing personal experiences. Alot of people have never heard about it so why not be informed about what else is out there. I never intended to offend anyone so please dont try offend me.

but its shit

but its shit

pyramid scheme

coffe is a phyto estrogen and mimics the effect of estrogen so too much coffee is also not good, never touch it myself

This is incorrect. 

Phytoestrogens actually compete with estrogen, but they are less effective than estrogen that your body produces. So phytoestrogens should effectively give you "lower estrogen" or lower estrogen "effects" in someone with normal estrogen levels.

They are an estrogen receptor antagonist (in theory should have similar effects as nolvadex - except much weaker - which is a prescription "estrogen blocker" used by female atheltes to decrease estrogen around competeition times).

Many people in the fitness industry misunderstand this, which is an example of why I believe trainers need a strong scientific background to stop the spread of misinformation.  

I think that they're more likely to be a partial agonist, rather than an antagonist, so the antiestrogen activity would depend on the receptor close to being saturated (which might differ if you're male/female, pre/post menopausal). Either way, having a soy as a dietry staple has shown to have minimal physiological effects, so having a few cups of coffee (with far less phytoestrogen content) isn't worth worrying about in that context.

coffe is a phyto estrogen and mimics the effect of estrogen so too much coffee is also not good, never touch it myself

This is incorrect. 

Phytoestrogens actually compete with estrogen, but they are less effective than estrogen that your body produces. So phytoestrogens should effectively give you "lower estrogen" or lower estrogen "effects" in someone with normal estrogen levels.

They are an estrogen receptor antagonist (in theory should have similar effects as nolvadex - except much weaker - which is a prescription "estrogen blocker" used by female atheltes to decrease estrogen around competeition times).

Many people in the fitness industry misunderstand this, which is an example of why I believe trainers need a strong scientific background to stop the spread of misinformation.  

I think that they're more likely to be a partial agonist, rather than an antagonist, so the antiestrogen activity would depend on the receptor close to being saturated (which might differ if you're male/female, pre/post menopausal). Either way, having a soy as a dietry staple has shown to have minimal physiological effects, so having a few cups of coffee (with far less phytoestrogen content) isn't worth worrying about in that context.

It's interesting and you probably know more about it than me. I know that there are different effecfts in different tissues, that it can act as an antagonist and have some agonistic effects in certain situations, and there is some disagreement in science, but part of the misinformation is due to the types of people that are studied. Disease state studies dont correlate to normal, healthy individuals.

But, IMO in someone pre-menopausal with normal estrogen levels, I dont think that it should be a worry that it would "increase" estrogen effects in a way that would affect bodybuilding. IMO it's along the lines of people cutting out any salt intake months before competitions. 

• 1 year later...

Ditto Dinahlady , strong scientific background would be a good start but like many not easily achievable. I thought I could share my two pence worth on fat burners I have tried a few and found after the first few weeks they don't work. Cycling them is more effective to a point. Then I did a lot of reading and found this - 

looks as if fat burning is regulated by hormonal cascades, starting from the the pituitary gland. This release TSH which is then converted in to T4. With a normal liver and kidney / adrenal function this should be converted into free T3 which is I seem to read what stimulates the fat burning cycle. When T3 is converted into bound T3 not free T3 fat burning is hampered..big ass syndrome.

This calls for in depth lab tests to also test reverse T3. 

Exercise and diet don't have as much direct effect as we hope ( and I was in the circle believing this too). If the liver and the kidneys and the adrenal glands are stressed, gut is permeable chances maybe more bound T3 is produced and no amount of exercise or diet may change this. Other hormonal cascades are also affected.

So... what may help? Potentially?  Reducing liver, adrenals and kidney stress...by reducing chemicals, exposure to high tech gadgets, controlling life stress ( cortisol).

Personally and this may not suit everyone I have also  introduced some superfoods and sourcing my ingredients from certified organic sources, freeze dried is possible I some cases. For us, finding superfoods that work alongside our hormonal cycles and boost progesterone when this is low . Not do extreme workouts before your cycle if feasible.

if you find a good acupuncturist I had a convo with one awhile back who said if energy channels are blocked the effect of superfoods natural properties is hampered. So it looks like a 360 approach on your body maybe needed. ( not cheap...) 

I also invested in a high speed smoothie machine and try avoid sources of chemical fructose, dairy. 

This means reading labels and being very picky about what you buy.

low sugar alternatives or no sugar are dum as well ( non scientific term) as they seem to stimulate the same enzymes as normal fructose and so similar brain chemicals reactions. 

I am also a master athlete and this to me is more valuable perhaps in order to keep what I worked hard for as long as possible in the best conditions. If you are on a budget sourcing certified organic is going to put a thought or two on your budget so may not be for everyone.

If you are or have come to a point where no matter how much exericse you do you don't see changes or -and and feel your diet is truly where it should be then you may need to look at other reasons. 

There are some good sources of info out there about how some long term. diseases develop I came across these by googling and asking questions. I hope this is of help.