On TRT and approaching 50 years old? A good read.

mrgeeky

http://www.ergo-log.com/antioestrogensolder.html

Getting older? Take anti-oestrogens with your testosterone

As men age they start to react even less well to synthetic testosterone [structural formula shown below] than endocrinologists thought. According to a study done by the manufacturer of ProStrakan/Fortigel testosterone gel, soon to be published in the Journal of Andrology, exogenous testosterone causes a stronger reduction in the body's own production of testosterone the older you get.

Testosterone

Older men’s bodies (say 50 and up) react more strongly to testosterone than the bodies of younger men. If you give older men testosterone injections, their cholesterol levels get worse than those in younger men. [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Feb;90(2):678-88.] What’s more, the concentration of the prostate cancer protein PSA increases more than in young men, and the blood of older men becomes more syrupy as a result of testosterone than the blood of young men. [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Mar;93(3):914-9.] As a result, the chance of heart attacks increases. Oh yes, and the positive effects of testosterone, such as muscle build up, are less noticeable in older men than in young men.

In the study, 35 men aged between 22 and 73 with a raised LH level and low testosterone were given Fortigel testosterone gel for two weeks consecutively. Every morning they rubbed 3 g gel, which contained 2 percent testosterone, on their legs. The table below shows that after two weeks the older men had less total free testosterone in their systems than the younger men. That’s logical: the older men get, the more SHBG binding protein they make. SHBG neutralises testosterone.

testlhage3.gif

Nevertheless the older men’s natural production of testosterone suffered more when they used the testosterone gel than that of the younger men. Below you can see the effect of the gel on the LH level, according to age. LH is a hormone from the pituitary that tells the testes to produce testosterone.

testlhage.gif

The researchers also measured the concentration of estradiol in their subjects’ blood. When they measured the correlation between the amount of estradiol and the LH level they made a very interesting discovery: the concentration of testosterone didn’t correlate negatively with the LH level – but the concentration of estradiol did.

testlhage4.gif

It’s pretty clear what that means: give anti-oestrogens to older men who are taking testosterone supplements as well and the problem is solved.

Testosterone gels are not used much in the chemical power sports world. Nevertheless, the findings are also interesting for chemical athletes who use stronger stuff than gels. The study makes it clear that anti-oestrogens are useful to chemical athletes as they get older.

Source:
J Androl. 2009 Dec 3. [Epub ahead of print].

More:
Clomid quadrupled testosterone level of over-trained runner 13.10.2009
Mangosteen: a powerful natural anti-oestrogen 28.08.2009
Nolvadex rejuvenates blood vessels 27.08.2009
Testicle size worries? Try a course of Nolvadex + Andriol 20.08.2009
Grape Seed Extract inhibits aromatase 05.08.2009
One letrozole pill a week quadruples testosterone level 21.07.2009
Nolvadex best T-booster of the SERMS 15.07.2009
Test tube study: fish oil is anti-estrogenic 13.05.2009
Nolvadex may be as dangerous as DES hormone for female bodybuilders 14.12.2008

I think you have easily become the most annoying poster on this site. I swear you just search the net for any article you think could back up an arguement you have over a small issue and post it as the be all and end all.

BTW if you are just going to copy paste something, at least make sure the links are correct, and its generally readable.

I think you have easily become the most annoying poster on this site. I swear you just search the net for any article you think could back up an arguement you have over a small issue and post it as the be all and end all.

BTW if you are just going to copy paste something, at least make sure the links are correct, and its generally readable.

actually I thought that was a good read.. Links are correct, its readable, and from a quality source. It has references? Im a lttle confused as to what your problem is, I thought that was a good read.. No?

Mr Geeky reminds me of the early days of Gymrat, who luckily for us learnt pretty quickly and moderated the post for post sake stuff (and then kicked ass and got on stage! *clapping*).

Hopefully Mr G can rein in his "obsessive posting / trolling without knowing" issues and become a useful member rather than living up to the description Leeroid gave above....

Just sayin from a Mod's POV Mr G - please no be butthurt...

heh heh, no worries guys..

I honestly thought some of these posts would be helpful.. That post with cashout's exit strategy claims to have had his TRT exit strategy planned with docotrs and he said when he quit TRT
he had NO down time.. None whats so ever.. Infact he claims he put on muscle while coming off TRT...    Never heard anyone claim that before so I thought some of these posts would be helpful.. But seriously if they are upsetting people no problem... I'll stop posting them.. No biggy guys... 

No buthurt nate225,  lol... 

LOL MG, 

Don't think anyone's too upset - we just can't keep up with you! I'm sure there have been some quite good posts, definitely created some good discussion. Maybe just slow your roll a little! *biggrin*

There's actually some quite well informed TRT docs up this way MG - maybe go talk to one and let them do a little thinking for you? 

LOL MG, 

Don't think anyone's too upset - we just can't keep up with you! I'm sure there have been some quite good posts, definitely created some good discussion. Maybe just slow your roll a little! Biggrin

There's actually some quite well informed TRT docs up this way MG - maybe go talk to one and let them do a little thinking for you? 

All good on the TRT front..  Got a good doc at the mo so am happy at the mo..

Re docs, One thing I have learnt over the years, dont trust doctors 100%..  I have seen some nasty stuff from them..  Had one do every thing he could to persuade me to undergo an op to cut my thyroid out even though there was nothing wrong with it and he wanted to charge me $7000 for the pleasure..     I refused.. Took 6 months to come right.. All it was, was a  thyroid virus...   No need to operate at all.. 

So thats why I still seek my own info on TRT.. I learnt not to rely soley on docs..    

I admit to being dumb on a lot of it but its slowly sinking it.. Slowly learning... 

Anyway, cheers for the kind words nate.. I love your friendly style mate.. *good*

I honestly thought some of these posts would be helpful.. That post with cashout's exit strategy claims to have had his TRT exit strategy planned with docotrs and he said when he quit TRT

he had NO down time.. None whats so ever.. Infact he claims he put on muscle while coming off TRT...    Never heard anyone claim that before so I thought some of these posts would be helpful.. But seriously if they are upsetting people no problem... I'll stop posting them.. No biggy guys... 

LOL not upsetting at all, just remember don't read one article and think it is 100% accurate and the only way of going about things. I'm sure the more reasearch you do and the more reading you do you will see many varying opinions and ways to achieve similar results.

LOL not upsetting at all, just remember don't read one article and think it is 100% accurate and the only way of going about things. I'm sure the more reasearch you do and the more reading you do you will see many varying opinions and ways to achieve similar results.

Yes mummy. :-)