AVERAGE to SAVAGE

OnlyHuman

Squat challenge Week 2 Session 10 of 52/200.

Squats:

• 125 x 2
  • 125 x 4
  • 125 x 6
  • 125 x 8 (belt)
  • 125 x 6 (belt)
  • 125 x 4
  • 125 x 2

Skill work:

Summo: 

• 150 x 5 x 4 sets 

Bench:

• 92.5 x 5 x 2 sets 

Aesthetics:

• Leg press 250 x 5 x 4 sets
  • Front squats:
    • ​110 x 4
    • 110 x 6
    • 110 x 5
  • ​Russian drops 4 x 4 (negatives only) 
  • ​​Prone leg curls
    • ​3 x 6 @ full stack (2 leg concentric / 1 eccentric)
    • 2 extended sets @ full stack. 8 - 4 - 2 (15 sec break)​

Squats felt way better than yesterday. I was very happy about this, as they felt pretty stink yesterday. I did make a point of stretching, foam rolling and mobility work in addition to being on point with my meals yesterday. Just what the body needed obviously. 

Deadlifts were pretty decent as well. I did pop my butt early on the odd rep here and there but overal... it went according to plan. Felt better than on wednesday. Happy.

The rest of the session was pretty decent as well. I really made a point of punishing my hamstrings to the best of my abilities today *diablo*. The 2 / 1s are evil and the extended sets are pretty tough as well. The russian drops ... well they always be hard don't they *wacko* ha ha...

Meals:

11:00 1 casein+whey+long black

15:00 BCAA

Training...

18:00 Chicken  (300 gr) soup, potato wedges, 2 casein+whey, creatine, vit c

Things run a bit late today so I will have to have a pretty big meal later on. Thinking of some beef (300gr), rice, toast + honey, 3 casein+ whey, fish oil,  and some low fat ice cream. 

Last nights dinner was as planned but instead of the casein+whey I had some chicken (300) soup with veges. 

Squat challage Week 3 / Session 11 of 52/200.

BW 78.1

Squats: 

• 130 x 4
  • 130 x 4 
  • 130 x 4 (belt) 
  • 130 x 4 (belt)

Skill work - Bench only:

• 95 x 4 x 5 sets 

Aesthetics:

• Floor press with medium grip 90 x 4 sets of 5
  • Hammer chest supported row 4 sets of 12 - 20 reps 
  • Straight arm cable lat pull downs 4 sets of 10 - 12 reps
  • BB curls 3 sets of 10 reps (plus a double dop set on the last set).

Not a very good session. Squats felt below average (not surprised considering the fairly big leg session only 2 days ago), but managed what I could. Defenatly needed the belt on those last sets today. During my set up for the second set I tweeked my right shoulderthat ended up interfering with everything from that moment on. Hopefully I can sort it out pretty fast, and it won't interfere with things much in the near future. However, today I had to work around it quite a bit. 

Food:

Yesterday's:

12:00 300 gr beef and 250-300 gr of meatloaf as well, vegetables, creatine and vit c

17:00 1xcasein+whey, banana, 1 Kit Kat chunky *blush* 

22:00 Chicken (300 gr) soup with greens, 2 toast, 3-4 scoops of fat free ice cream, 1 Recorderling cider (Straberry and lime = alpha as f*ck lololooo) 

Today:

11:00 BCAA

Training 

14:30 Beef curry (400 gr), rice (measured at one cup prior to cooking), 2 x casein+whey blend 

Not sure on the rest of the meals just yet *scratch_one-s_head* I do have some chicken soup prepeared so it is very likely to happen. Some potato chips and eggs as well. I looked for the packaged up egg whites at my local supermarket with no luck ... bummer.  

Also... got some feedback from my friends and they recon I made a mistake by taking the after pictures at nigh with no natural lighting... They don't think it shows my true condition. I took a pix today to compare and I agree. Oh well, live and learn!

post-92688-1416683921043_thumb.jpg

Squat challange - W 3 / Session 12 of 52/200

Squats (all sets / reps belted):

• 130 x 4
  • 130 x 4
  • 130 x 4
  • 130 x 4
  • 130 x 4 Paused all reps. 

Skill work:

• Summo deadlifts 155 x 4 x 3 sets (belted)

Aesthetics:

• GHR 4 sets of 10 reps 
  • Lat pull down assisted (18 kg) Russina drops 5 sets of 5 - 8 reps 
  • Prone leg curls 3 sets of 2/1 s for 8 - 10 reps @ 3/4 stack, than an extended set of 8-6-4-2 @ full stack
  • Core - Decline weighted sit ups 5 sets of 10 reps
  • Single leg stuff to remedy existing imbalance between sides - about 40 reps in total.

So-so session...

The bad = I done something more serious to my shoulder than initially tought. By monday night I had trouble moving my right arm around, and simple every day stuff like getting dressed or using my right hand to make a protein shake become nearly imposible. Lots of pain and reduced range of movement describes it pretty accuretly. Woke up feeling somewhat better on tue morning so I took my self trough some self administered orthopedic testing. The outcome of these with the "case history" yielded my 3 hypothetical differential as follows.

1. Momentary posterior dislocation of GH joing causing rotator cuff strain +/- capsular sprain. (I feel this is the most likelly Dx just on what I felt at the time, aggravating and reliving factors and the way it progressed over the last 48 hours.) 
  2. AC sprain (Day one, positive for cross abduction stress test. Not anymore. Indeed it is now a reliving factor.)  
  3. Transvers ligament - long head of biceps strain (negative for Yergason but do have some biceps tenderness. Least likelly.)  

​Suspect that benching is out of question for a while, but I could deadlift for a few sets. Than it become a bit to sore... decided to stop. 

I'm also a bit disapointed in feeling like I needed the belt today (at 130 only). I have to bring back some serious core work and remedy this. However, I will just slap on the belt when I think I need it. Better be "safe​" than sorry. 

The good = No brusing come trough. So not that likelly that I tore anything. I was able to squat with the help of some wrist straps. See attached picture on how I set them up. (I saw Max Aita doing them in a youtube vid, thats where I got the idea from.)

I had a good time smashing my hamstrings today tho. I gave them quite a bit of hammering. As I mentioned before I want to bring them up and today I gave them a good incentive to grow... 

FOOD:

14:00 BCAA

16:00 2 x whey, 400 gr of beef, 1/2 cup (measured as uncooked) rice, 1 banana, fish oil caps, creatine

Still to come....

19:30 2 x whey, 2 toasts with honey

22:00 400 gr beef and an other 1/2 cup of "uncooked" rice, fish oil, vit C

post-92688-14166839251077_thumb.jpg

Squat challenge Week 3 session 13

Squats:

• 130 x 5 sets of 4 reps (belted) set 3 video attached (sorry for the quality, I think I compressed the file a bit to much) 

Skill work - Summo only:

• 155 x 3 sets of 4 reps

Aesthetics:

• Prone leg curls (varying ankle position) 10 sets of 10 reps at 3/4 of the stack. very short rest period between sets. Approx 20 - 30 seconds or so. 

Decent session considering everything else going on. Shoulder feels a bit better than wednesday. Yesterday I got by with a minimal amount of pain killers. Hopefully I won't need them by the end of the week at all. 

Once again I had to use straps for squats but managed to do the same amount of reps and sets on the summo pulls with no major soulder issues (so far). See how it feels today later on... I might do a few more sets tomorrow as well. 

Leg curls were all about volume today. I have a full leg session tomorrow, thus I did not want to bomb them to death today. 

Squats Forge Iron Gods - Challange Week 3 Session 14 and 15 of 52/200

AM Session 

Squats (All reps and sets paused, used belt.)

• 130 x 4
  • 130 x 4
  • 130 x 4
  • 130 x 4
  • 130 x 4

Skill work - Summo only:

• 155 x 4 x 3 sets 

Aesthetics....

Russian drops:

• 3 x 5 negative reps reps only @ BW
  • 3 x 5 stack supported @ 18 kg

​GHR:

• 3 x 10 @ BW

I had to go and take care of something.....

PM session:

Front squats:

• 110 x 4
  • 110 x 4
  • 115 x 5
  • 120 x 5

Prone leg curls: 

• Extreem extended set - 62 reps total (avarage of 6 reps/set) with 15 sec rest between sets.

​Seated leg curls:

• 3 x 5 reps .... my hamstrings had "enough" by this time. 

Very happy with both of my sessions today. Pausing all sets and reps in the morning is a good indicator of what to come. Summo felt pretty good... did not take any pain killer (so that I don't end up "masking" it ... )  to see how my shoulders hold up during today's sesion and I am pretty pleased with it. Minor irriatation only. 

Pretty happy with front squats (at this stage of the program). I worked up slightly heavier than indicated but I wanted to test the waters. Happy ... 

Squat challange Week 4 Session 16 of 52/200.

Squats:

• 140 x 3
  • 140 x 3
  • 140 x 2

Aesthetics:

• 2 board press - 3 x 6 @ 80
  • Push ups - 3 x 12 reps
  • Close grip lat pull downs 4 sets of 12 - 20 reps
  • Straight arm lat pulld downs - 3 x 10 reps
  • DB biceps curls 3 x 10
  • Cable triceps press downs3 x 12
  • DB farmers walk 3 times...

Squats were hard today. I don't think I've recovered from saturday's double session yet so that was expected. More sleep, more food and some recovery work hopefully turn things around by wednesday.

The rest of the session was all about testing the shoulder out. Some stuff did irritate it slightly so I had to make adjustments. I did not go heavy on any of the upperbody movemets. Just tried to get some upperbody work in - will try to load it in an incremental fashion if the shoulder can tolerate it. So far so good... 

Week 4 of 52 - Session 17 of 200 

Squats:

• 150 x 1
  • 130 x 6
  • 130 x 6

Skill work - Summo only:

• 160 x 3
  • 160 x 3
  • 170 x 3

Aesthetics:

• Rear leg elevated bulgrian squats 3 x 8 / side
  • Goodmornings 3 x 8 - 10 
  • Core work  60 - 70 reps (various movements eg: window wipers, toe to bar, around the word) 
  • Some - rehabilitative stuff for my lowerbody "imbalance".  

I had to train today as I won't be able to do so tommorow. 

Squats felt better than yesterday. I was a bit surprised by this due to feeling pretty wiped out on them yesterday. Felt more stable and "even" doing them today. I was very mindfull of my diet and tried to get some extra sleep in in the morning. Not sure which one of thoise helped the most but I don't care ... I'm happy for the outcome. 

Summo went well. Got someone to check my form and no "butt pop" was detected ... good progress. Happy ....

I couldn't finish all that was planned / programed for the day as I run out of time. Hopefully I can make up for it later on the week. 

Week 4 Session 18 of 52/200

Squats: 

• 140 x 3 paused - see video
  • 120 x 7
  • 120 x 7

Aesthetics:

• Bent over T bar row 4 sets of 10 reps
  • Chin ups - various hand holds for 40 reps

Happy with the squats. My previous best paused squats were 135 x 4 at a heavier body weight.

I scored an other temporary job on the top of my usual one so time is a bit scarce for now. This is all I managed today.... Shoulder feels somewhat better. Chins / rows did not bother it much today. Happy... 

strong squats bro, ive never really tried the whole rest pause thing, looks like it adds another level of difficulty no doubt.

shot on the new job! Good

Cheers big guy! I have a long way to go before it will be so ... thanks for the kind words tho. 

Week 4 Session 19 of 52/200

BW: 77.7

SQUATS:

• 140 x 5
  • 140 x 5

​SKILL WORK:

Summo

• 170 x 3 
  • 180 x 1
  • 160 x 3

Medium grip BP

• 5 sets of 6 reps @ 80

AESTHETICS:

• Leg press 4 sets of 5 @ 250
  • Prone 2/1 leg curls - 3 sets of 8 @ stack minus 2 plates. 
  • Seated hamstring curls 6 sets of 4 reps
  • GHR 3 sets of 10 reps @ BW 
  • Prone leg curls - extreem extended set 40 reps in total @ full stack

Happy with the squats. The right shoulder hold up on the bench (I just had to go semi close/medium grip). 

I tried my hardest to anhiliate my hamstrings ... I think I succeded. 

Week 4 Session 20 of 52/200

BW: 77.3

SQUAT REHAB

Front squats:

• 120 x 4
  • 125 x 4 
  • 130 x 4 PB at this BW. See video. 
  • 120 x 4 

AESTHETICS

• Chin-ups with various grips for a total of 42 reps @ BW
  • DB side raises 3 x 15 reps
  • BB front raises 3 x 10 reps
  • DB biceps curls 4 sets of 6 - 10 reps

Happy with the front squat PB. Especially since I have a tooth ache so I have been on a liquid diet really lol canned peaches, protein shakes and the occasional rice bar...

My right shoulder feeling much better, chins etc did not agravate it. See if I can do some benching next week. 

Week 5 Session 21 of 52/200

SQUAT REHAB

Back squat:

• 130 x 6 x 3 sets 

Front squats:

• 120 x 3 x 3 

SKILL WORK - Bench only

• 90 x 6 x 3 sets 

AESTHETICS

Cable fly 3 sets of 20 reps

Hammer strenght shoulder press 3 sets of 12 reps

Cable triceps press down 3 sets of 10 - 15 reps

Monday's squat session always feels like I am getting put trough a meat grinder... so as usual I cursed the creator and his extended family for the better part of the workout. 

Squats felt ok, considering it is a monday session and that I had a heavy front squat session less than 24 hours ago. 

Shoulders were "ok" on the bench but I had to go fairly close grip.... 

I did not have time for everything I needed to do ... the story of my life at the moment. 

Week 5 Session 22 of 52 / 200

BW: 77.9

SQUAT REHAB

Squats:

• 130 x 6 x 3 sets 

Front squats:

• 120 x 3 x 2 sets

SKILL WORK - Summo only

• 160 x 6 x 2 sets 

AESTHETICS

• Good mornings 3 sets of 12 reps 
  • Once again I run out of time ... :'( working two jobs at the moment thus training has to fit in into the odd slots here and there.

Pretty decent session. I was surprised at the way squats turned out today. It was my 3 rd day of squatsd in a row and I was expecting to struggle quite a bit (based on how I felt yesterday etc) but squats turned out to be ok / pretty decent and I managed to get prescribed reps/sets out. 

Eating been pretty decent (considering I have been having a tooth ache over the last few days - got dental appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to get it sorted). Food choices are pretty limited at the moment tho. Managing it regardless. 

Week 5 Session 24

BW: 77.6

Front squats:

• 120 x 3 x 4 sets
  • 130 x 1
  • 140 x 1

Aesthetics:

• BB row 3 x 10 
  • 1 Arm DB row 2 x 15
  • Chins -  25 reps in total 
  • Close grip lat pull down 3 x 10

Front squats felt ok. Some tightness in the right calf/achiles tendon was bothering me in the bottom position of the squat. I had a surgery on my right ankle a long time ago and the mobility of this ankle is slightly less than on the oposite side. 

Week 6 Session 26

Squat rehab:

Squats 

• 120 x 6
  • 130 x 6
  • 130 x 6
  • 120 x 6

• Single leg stuff to balance out my lowerlimb "imbalance" 3 - 4 sets 

Aesthetics

• Straight leg raises 4 x 10 - 12 
  • Decline sit ups 3 x 12 - 15
  • Renegade row 2 x 8/side

Finally done with the temporary job for a while. The extra money was great, but it really interfered with my training and recovery. I feel like I never had enough time to complete all that was prescribed in the program, not to mention missing out on a lot of recovery work, sleep and food prep. 

Shoulder is still not 100 percent but managed to get some close grip work in.

Right ankle/achiles tendon kicked up a fuss. I will have some extra time to take care of them the next few days. I start some specific rehab work on them to address these niggles. 

Week 6 Session 27 

Back squats ...

Front squats 

• 120 x 3
  • 120 x 3
  • 120 x 3
  • 120 x 3

Skill work - None 

Aesthetics:

• Leg press 3 sets of 5 - 8 
  • Prone leg curls 3 sets of 8
  • Seated leg curls 4 sets of 8 
  • Chin-ups 4 sets of 5
  • Seated cable row 5 sets of 10 reps
  • Cable lat pull down 3 sets of 10 reps
  • DB Shrugs 3 sets of 10 
  • DB curls 3 sets of 10 reps 

Trained at a different gym today (mine is closed). I ended up in Westwave. Decent gym, surprisingly busy in the morning tho. 

Squats felt better than on tuesday, but still not as good as when I only had one job to worry about. Ankle didn't give me much trouble during the movement, flared up afterwards a bit tho... Plenty of rest and some recovery work yesterday seems to helped somewhat. 

The prone leg curl machine was pretty "intresting". Very odd strenght curve. It makes it hard to brake the movement (separate the plates) but than it is considerably easier on the top. Pretty odd feeling. I ended up focusing my effort on the hard part of the movement and did partials there. 

I am pondering about leaving the bench alone for a while and focus on rehabilitating my shoulders. Perhaps till the end of January.  I may end up doing some upperbody press movements but nothing deminding eg: push ups etc ... things that don't bother my shoulder. Perhaps not the best thing for my 3 lift total in the short term, but I have to be smart and think about the long term consequences. I haven't made my mind up just yet. However, strongly considering it.  

Week - 7 / Session - 29

Squats:

• 100 x 5 x 10 sets 

Skill work - None

Aesthetics:

• Seated cable row 5 sets of 12 - 15 reps
  • Push ups 4 sets of 10 reps 
  • Reverse db flies 4 x 10 reps 
  • Reverse cable flies 3 x 10 reps
  • BB curls 3 x 8 - 10 reps 
  • DB hammer curls 3 x 10 reps

Shoulder mobility / recovery work ~  20 min. 

Ok session. I managed to hold the BB in the squat without straps (on the tip of the fingers only) shoulders got irritated (very mildly) but hold up.

Week-7 / Session-30

Front squats 

• 140 x 1
  • 110 x 5
  • 102.5 x 5
  • 95 x 5
  • 87.5 x 5
  • 80 x 5

Skill work - N/A

Aesthetics - N/A

Stretching / mobility work - 20 minutes 

Decent session on the front squats, considering the floor/rack seems to be uneven a bit at the new place. 

W7-S31

Squat rehab 

• 120 x 10

Skill work - N/A

Aesthetics:

• Stiff leg deadlift 4 x 10
  • Seated leg curls 3 x 10
  • Seated cable row 4 x 10 - 12
  • Push ups  4 x 10 
  • Prone reverse db flies 4 x 10 
  • DB Ys 3 x 10 

Stretching / mobility work: 20 min