AVERAGE to SAVAGE

OnlyHuman

Super-eggy crepes? I love 'em! Biggrin

Also, I'm with you on the bicep training. I just can't be bothered with them - every time, my mind wanders off.

I filled it with low fat cottage cheese. Some of my friends think it is "weird" due to NZ lads and girls viewing cottage cheese as something "savory" but I add splenda and dried fruit to it. Those that had the courage to try are converted and surprised in anice way.

I like it, and think of it as a desert to be honest *blush*

On the arm front I been trying this for a few weeks:

http://www.t-nation.com/workouts/chin-up-project

However, only a watered down version of it. Only do it on my high calorie days, and omited the high volume/density work while dieting. It  takes very little effort and it seems to be working... 

Week 7 Day 3

BW 76.6 (Not much carbs yesterday, pretty sure I be heavier tomorrow.)

Training:

Squatzzz rehab:

• 4 sets of 5 @ 105
  • Stuff that I need to do to balance things out about 35 reps.

Deadlift:

• 155 x 11 reps @ 9 RPE 

Sumo deadlift:

• 3 sets of 6 reps @ 120 

Russian drops:

• 4 xsets of  5 reps 

Seated leg curls:

• 3 x 8 - 10 reps 

Standing calf raises:

• 3 sets of 20 - 25 reps

No core work today. Run out of time... chatting to much at the end *blush*

Pretty happy with the deadlifts. Over the last few weeks of strucured training I did:

1. 150 x 10 @ 9 RPE - Predicted max 188
  2. 160 x 8 @ 9 RPE - Predicted max 196
  3. 170 x 5 @ 9 RPE - Predicted max 199
  4. 155 x 11 @ 9 RPE - Predicted max 197

I think even now when I am dieting having structured workouts helping me to stay on track with training and my attampt to lay a fundation for a program in the near future with a strenght and lean muscle gain focus. 

I am trying to put some decent work into my summo pulls, I think it wil patch up quite a few of my weaknesses. Really trying to pay attention to my form on these. The weights felt ok but I stay on this for next week to ensure I progress only when my form is spot on. 

I figured out a pretty handy way to set up for russian drops in my gym. Happy with this set up, I will be hammering them home in the next few weeks. 

Food:

10:30 1 x casein + whey blend

13:00 Chicken (300 gr) soup with lots of greens, some toasts, some rice things, 2 x casein+whey blend

19:00 400 grams of beef, toasts, banana, 2 x casein + whey blend

23:00 Haven't happen yet but thinking about making a large batch of crepes *music2* with 1 - 2 x casein whey blend

Had my BF measured. I got a little leaner again ... thank God as I did have a few fat days *scratch_one-s_head* I guess this is how the ladies feel when they say they having a fat day...

The picture is with my mate from the gym. He (the asian gentlement, I am the white guy ... for those that don't know me.) has competed and won his class at the North Harbour champs a few weeks ago... tank upperbody. 

post-92688-14166838569883_thumb.jpg

Week 7 Day 5

BW 77.8

Training:

Squat rehab:

• 105 x 5 x 4s
  • 20 reps of unilater work

Bench:

• 107.5 x 4
  • 100 x 6
  • 90 x 8

DB bench press:

• 3 x 10 - 15 @ 34

1 arm DB rows:

• 45 x 10 x 3s

Straight arm lat pulld downs 3 sets of 8 - 12

DB raises - token effort

DB curls 3 sets of 8 

Chins 40 reps 

Ok session. I noticed that my right shoulder is stronger than my left in the bottom of the bench so DB presses are in and chest dips out for a few weeks. I think the squats are feeling a bit better...

Food:

8:00 BCAA + an other serving half way trough the session

12:00 Chicken (300 gr) soup, potato wedges, crepes (some with cottage cheese, some with walnuts), 1 x casein + whey blend, creatine, cod liver oil

17:00 Chicken soup (300 gr), 2 x casein + whey blend, some lactose free milk, 6" subway

Not sure what I have for dinner *scratch_one-s_head* Could be some beef (400 gr) and potato wedges, possibly some creamed rice .... I let you all know tomorrow I guess...

Week 7 Day 6

BW: 78.2

Training 

Squat rehab - Pin squats:

• 3 x 5 @ 105
  • 1 x 5 @ 120
  • Summo deadlift 3 x 5 @ 120 

​Bench:

• 3 x 5 @ 90

Leg press:

• 3 x 5 @ 220
  • 2 x 5 @ 260

Front squats:

• 3 x 6 @ 95

Russian drops:

• 2 x 5
  • 2 x 4

I recorded the summo pulls. I am very concerned with form and I only let my self progress on these if I think my form is "decent". I was happy with these. Some very good reps, and a few where my butt popped a bit early but way better than last week. I will bump it up to 125 next week. I will keep video-ing it to ensure form is decent.

Russian drops were all negative (obviously... for now anyways) determined to make these work. I could do with some hamstring size/development. 

Food:

9:00 1 serving of casein and whey blend

• 1 banana during training (I just ended up hungry for some reason.)

12:00 3 x Casein+whey blend, 50gr of pinaple lumps 

16:00 400 gr of mince and 4 toasts

I did ended up having the planned meal of 400 beef and potato wedges last night. Unsure on today's dinner yet but it will have to be a fairly big one... Maybe a chicken soup, 2 eggs+2 whites, some toasts and acan of creamed rice +/- potato wedges and protein shake.

Week 8 Day 1

BW 77.8 

Training

Squat rehab:

• Squat (last rep paused) 5 x 4 @ 110
  • Summo x 3 x 3 light-ish

Bench complex 4 sets:

• Pin press x 3 @ 120
  • Bench x 3 @ 100 
  • Speed bench x 5 @ 60
  • Pylo push ups x 5 

BB row 4 sets of 10 - 12 reps

EZ bar curl 3 sets of 12

DB curls 2 sets of 12

Early morning session. felt a bit pushed for time... it was ok tho. 

Food:

6:00 BCAA

9:00 1 x casein+whey 

12:00 Chicken soup, toasts, 2 casein + whey, 90 gr lollies

16:00 Subway, 2 x casein+whey

22:00 5 eggs, toasts, 1 x casein+whey 2 pieces of chocolate cake *blush*

Week 8 Day 3

BW 77.4 (yesterday = low carb day)

Training 

Squat rehab:

• 5 sets of 4 @ 110 
  • 40 reps of unilateral stuff as per prescription

Summo deadlift:

• 5 sets of 4 @ 130

Russan drops:

• 5 sets of 4 (negatives only "obviously")

Seated leg curls: 

• 2 sets of 6 went as heavy as I could. 

Core:

• 5 sets of 10 reps

Chins: total of 40 reps...

Fairly good training session. Happy with todays squats, looking forward to bumping it up to 120 next week.

The video ref aprooved a bump in summo deadlift weigh. 130 felt pretty light, trying to nail my form on these more than anything.

Food:

8:00 BCAA + 1/2 serving during the session

11:30 2 x casein+whey, 2 crepes with cottage chese and raisin filling, 3 toasts and a can of chop chop chicken

19:30 Size 14 (skinless) chicken, potato wedges, 1 or maybe both slices of chocolate cake, creatine

23:00 (Yet to happen...)Lactose free milk and 2 x casein +  a few toast with some jam I think (yet to decide...) Could be some LCM bars or a combination of both. 

post-92688-14166838624587_thumb.jpg

Week 8 Day 5

BW: 78.2 This is quite intresting. I have had my BF tested this monday and I managed to loose a bit again but my BW doen't change a lot. 

The initial plan 10 or so week ago (before I became aware of the challenge) was to loose some weight so that I am in somewhere middrange of my weight class. This would allow me to eat way above my calorie needs priior to a comp, thus help my recovery. So I am kind of happy with my current weight, but now I have the "aesthetic bug" as well... wouldn't mind an other kilo or two of lean muscle on top of what I have. Given it goes to the right places lol

On the other hand, I wonder if fat loss slowed down this week... exam stress and all. I feel like it makes it harder to get rid of abdominal fat. My body must be soaked in cortisol right now *wacko* that impending exam feel .... *bomb*

TRAINING:

Squat rehab:

• 5 sets of 4 @ 110 
  • Unilater stuff - 30 reps

Incline bench:

• 3 sets of 6 reps @ 80

DB BP:

• 3 sets of 10 - 12 reps

Close grip lat pull down:

• 4 sets of 10 - 20 reps

Biceps curls:

• 40 reps worth

Food:

8:00 1 and a half serving BCAA before and during training.

11:00 Beef (300) and vegetables, 3 toasts 

14:00 2 x casein + whey blend, 1 LCM rice bar, one toast

17:00 Beef (300) + 4 toasts, one Moro bar *blush* This been sitting in my bag for a while. A class mate gave me one... Finally I caved in and aet it.

22:00 Crepes with 500gr cottage cheese, potato wedges, 1/2 a bottle of cider (I had to use cider for making the crepes base, as I run out of diet sprite and I kind of ended up sipping on it *blush* ) 

I haven't posted a low carb day food log in a while so just to give you an idea... this is what I had on Thursday:

13:00 Beef (300) and vegetables

17:30 same as above

19:00 1 low carb protein bar

22:00 4 toasts and jam, 1 LCM bar, dates, 2 x casein

post-92688-14166838626845_thumb.jpg

Week 8 Day 6

BW: not sure, didn't bother weighing my self today. 

TRAINING (sets - reps)

Squat rehab:

• 5 sets of 4 @ 110 all reps paused
  • 3 sets of 8 - 10  reps of rehab stuff to iron the imbalance out

Summo deadlift:

• 5 sets of 4 reps @ 130 

Leg press:

• 3 x 5 @ 230
  • 3 x 5 @ 260

Front squats:

• 4 x 5 @ 100 

Russian drops:

• 5 sets of 4

Standing calf raises:

• 2 sets of 25 reps 

I am happy with the squats and deadlifts. The squats felt realitively easy even with tha solid pose in the rock bottom position. The deadlifts are "video ref" aprooved so going up to 140 next week. The squats be either 120 or 125. The plan calles for 120 so I migh just be sensible and do that... 

I must say tho that during todays session I was cursing the mum and the entier extended family of the poor person writting this program. I felt like I am in a never ending session. Didn't have energy to do my chins so thats a bummer, but the rest was pretty good and squats feel so much better. I must give it some time. 

FOOD

8:00 1 serving of casein+whey blend with a cup of black coffee + one more during the session

12:00 Foot long subway, 2 x casein+whey blend

15:00 2 casein whey blend, 2 x LCM bars, 16 dates

21:00 400 gr chicken (as curry) rice, 1 casein maybe some french toasts as well??? 

Week 9 Day 1

BW: 77.6 

Training: 

Squat rehab:

• 3 x 3 @ 125 
  • Summo deadlift 3 x 3 @ 140

Bench complex 4 times no rest between exercises, only sets:

1. Bench 100 x 3
  2. Bottom half bench 80 x 8 
  3. Pylo-push ups x 5

Chin ups on rings, going from full pronation to supination:

• Total of 30 reps

Hammer chest supported row;

• 5 sets of 8 - 12 reps 

Squats felt good so i went up an extra 5kg on these.

Still not a fan of direct biceps work, but keen to stimulate some growth there so I choosed to go with some ring pull ups. going from full pronation to supination is a nice change from previous chin version. Keen to see how it works out...  regardless, I am pretty happy that I am able to do these at the moment. they used to give me shoulder irritation problems...

I alsio tried pull ups and happy to report I can do them painfree as well. Something to include in the future for sure. 

Sumos were a bit funky today. I used a different bar and it did not have any knurling at my usual grip position, put me off a bit.... but the weight felt managable/easy. 

Food:

8:00 BCAA plus some during the training session

11:30 2 x casein+whey bland, 4 pieces of fruit toasts, 1 LCM rice bar

15:00 1 foot long subway, 1x casein+whey bland

Still to come...

• 18:00 Chicken (300 gr) soup with lots of dumplings and 4 pieces of toast (I have this packed ready to go!)
  • 22:00 (this meal not prepeared/packed yet  but highly likelly) Crepes with 250 cottage cheese and some sultanas, 1 - 2 pices of cholate coffee cake, 1 or 2 scoops of whey blend

Almost forgot, I ordered a new lever belt. Even tho I didn't loose a lot of total weight over the cut, my old one became too big for me. Now just waiting on it to arrive.... black belt with mat black lever = bad ass! 

Week 9 Day 5 

BW : 78.2 

I haven't had a chance to log my wednesday workout. I had a 5 hour exam on thursday... felt mentaly exausted. It is over for now back into it!

Squat rehab:

• 125 x 3 x 3 

Bench: 

• 90 x 3 x 3

Incline bench press:

• 4 sets of 5 reps @ 80

DB bench press:

• 3 sets of 8 @ 35

Chin ups:

• Total of 40 some of it on rings. 

Chest supported row: 

• 3 x 10 reps

Food:

8:00 BCAA

11:30 Beef (250), potato wedges, 2 x casein + whey blend

15:30 Sushi, 2 x casein+whey blend

21:30 Planning to have some beef (200-300), some potato wedges, yogurts+raisins, and casein. 

I have been thinking about my mission of squat rehab and decided that I will set a challange for my self. 200 squat session in 52 weeks. Starting next week!!!! 

A 5 hour exam? That's ridiculous! Shock

Final Clinical Competency exam ... Yeah, it was pretty draining. Felt brain dead by the end of it. Very stressful experience *help*

200 squat sessions in 52 weeks.... Sounds challenging 

I guess so. I really want to improove my squat numbers and I figured that instead of focusing on a quick fix sort of thing like Smolov (Not because anything is wrong with that! I have done it before and it is certainly fun/hard work.) I will look at it as an ongoing project. In a "Work the process, and the results will take care of themselfs." way...

I have done the daily squat thing in the past (for about 45 days in a row if I recall corectly.) and found that frequency defenatly helps my squat numbers. I don't feel brave enough for comiting to a year worth of everyday squatting *crazy* plus this way I can still work on some lean muscle gain / aesthetic inspirations I've seemed to develop over this current challenge... *mosking* 

2014 be all about abbs and squatzzz and gunz *pleasantry* lol 

Week 9 Day 6 

BW did not weigh in. I let my stress levels drop a bit, than I get back to checking my weight. 

TRAINING:

SQUAT REHAB:

• Squats 125 x 3 x 3 all reps/sets paused
  • 3 x 8-12 of single leg stuff as per rehab protocol

SKILL WORK:

• Summo deadlift 140 x 3 x 3 
  • Bench 90 x 3 x 3 

AESTHETICS:

Leg press:

• 2 sets of  5 @ 240

​Front squats:

• 6 sets of 4 @ 105  

Chins with various grips:

• Total of 50 reps

​Standing calf raises:

• 4 sets of 20 reps

Pretty happy with the session. rock bottom pauses on the squats. I will drop the weight slightly for next week, but up the reps. Summos felt way better than on wednesday. Pretty happy about that. I will keep at the same weight for the sumos but up the reps bnext week I think... Run out of energy so no russian drops this time around. I will try to do some extra next week. 

FOOD: 

9:00 BCAA plus a half serving during the session.

13:00 400 gr beef, 4 slice of toasts, 2 x casien+whey blend, 2 scoops of ice cream, creatine

Planning on ...

16:00 some crepes with 500 gr of cottage cheese and raisins, 2 scoops of casein+whey blend

24:00 some chicken (300 gr) soup with dumplings, potato wedges... 

I am pretty certain I will have some sweet white wine later on tonight in the ballpark of 3 glasses perhaps... 

Week 10 Day 1

TRAINING:

Squat rehab - Squat challange: Week 1, session 1 of 200: 

• 120 x 6 x 3 sets (reps 1 and 6 paused)

Skill work:

• Bench 90 x 6 x 3 sets 

​Aesthetics:

• 2 Board press 4 sets of 5 @ 100 than 1 x 4 @ 110
  • Powerflies 3 sets of 7 @ 25
  • Cable triceps overhead extensions 3 sets of 10
  • Chins (various grips) 30 total reps
  • DB biceps 21's  3 sets

Ok session, despite not getting quite enough sleep over the last few nights. 

I had to train early this morning thus I did not have as much time as I would have liked to do some extra bits and pieces. Most of the wprk got done and I felt reasonably good during the session so I am happy for now. 

FOOD (so far...):

8:30 1 x casein + whey blend

13:30 300 gr beef, 2 eggs, 2 casein + whey blend, 4 toast and some potato wedges. 

Week 10 day 2

BW 78.1

Squat challange - Week 1/52 session 2/200

• 120 x 3 x 3
  • single leg stuff to balance things out - 3 x 8 reps

​Cardio - 30 minutes steady state

Stretching and mobility work: 15 minutes, squat focused. 

Squats felt better than yesterday, as far as positioning and speed goes.  

FOOD:

12:00 BCAA

14:00 Chicken (300 gr) soup with veges

18:00 2 x casein + whey 

21:00 Chicken (300 gr) soup with veges, a few toasts, casein + whey, creatine 

I think I did about 30 days in a row earlier this year when I broke a finger and couldn't do much else. It really worked well for me as well. If I had all the time in the world I would definatley squat every day!

I used the squat nemesis program from Iron Samurai (If you havent haerd of him you should check him out. he's into IF'ing squats and oly lifts) basically you work up to a heavy single 'training max' then add in some auto reg volume work. I loved it. I've heard juggernaught training uses a similar methods but with bench and squat as well.

Best of luck with your challenge!

I think I did about 30 days in a row earlier this year when I broke a finger and couldn't do much else. It really worked well for me as well. If I had all the time in the world I would definatley squat every day!

I used the squat nemesis program from Iron Samurai (If you havent haerd of him you should check him out. he's into IF'ing squats and oly lifts) basically you work up to a heavy single 'training max' then add in some auto reg volume work. I loved it. I've heard juggernaught training uses a similar methods but with bench and squat as well.

Best of luck with your challenge!

Oh really? Good on you for giving it a proper go!

Yes, I've heard about the squat nemesis program but yet to try it. What I did at the time (and wouldn't do again) *fool* is I worked up to a daily max and thats all. Not quite enough volume and on top of that I didn't consider that my daily max would fluctuate and always tried to beat my last number. This was quite a while a ago and now I am aware of that the top number for the day should only ever meant to be a "daily training max". I also haven't added any back off sets following my top set. I think the ever increasing  self imposed expectation of "doing better or at least the same" than yesterday caused me burning out. I found these sessions so draining I barelly had any energy left for benching let alone deadlifting.

In addition to this the lack of volume (no back of sets) meant my progress stopped and I kind of peaked as oposed to progress. Not sure if that makes sense... basicly not enough volume = decreased work capacity over time. 

I also started to develop some decent patela tendinopathy/ osgood-schlatter type of problems ... Once again my faulth due to avoiding any self maintanence / mobility work. 

Live and learn I guess :) that time the daily squatting thing was still in its baby shoes only information I could find at the time was some John Broz Q&A that was helpfull ... and perhaps I did not "interpret" it the right way at the time. Live and learn I guess *blush*

Still, some things really apealed to me at the time about it and I am hopping to tip the scales of cost vs benefit into my favour this time around. This is milder version, planning to squat 4/week with the occasional "extra" workout here and there depending on how I feel. I have quite a bit of time for my self over the next few weeks so I may find that occasionally I be up for it. 

Thank you for the well wishes *good*

Week 10 Day 3

BW 77.9

TRAINING:

Squat challenge Week 1 / 52   Session 3 / 200

• 120 x 6 x 3 sets 
  • single leg rehab work 3 sets of 6 reps 

Skill work:

• Summo 140 x 6 x 3 sets 
  • Bench 90 x 6 x 3 sets 

Aesthetics:

• Deficit conventional pulls 140 x 5 x 4 sets 
  • Shrugs with pause 100 x 7 x 3 sets 

Solid session considering I had to get up 5 am in order for me to get into the gym. I coudn't do everything that was planned (chins, russian drops etc...) so I will just have to make up for it down the line. 

Squats were ok, but on a few of my sumos my bum popped up a bit earlier than I would like it so. 

I haven't pulled conventional in a while and I certainly noticed it today.... something to work at. 

Food:

6:00 BCAA + an other serving during the session

11:30 Chicken (300 gr) soup with lots of veges, 4 toasts, 2 x casein + whey blend, some lollies .... about 50 gr 

14:00 Coco pops, milk, 2 x casein and whey 

18:00 Coco pops, milk, casein and whey, creatine... 

Week 10 Day 5 

BW 77.7

TRAINING:

Squat challenge - Week 1 of 52.  Session 4 of 200:

• Squats 120 x 6 reps 3 sets. First two sets all reps paused (with belt) last set no pause (no belt). Video of second set below. 

Skill work:

• Bench 90 x 6 x 3 sets 

Aesthetics:

• Incline BB bench 4 x 5 @ 80, 1 x 5 @ 85
  • DB incline press 3 x 7 @ 31s
  • BB rows 3 sets of 6 - 10 reps
  • 1 arm DB row 2 x 10 reps
  • Upright cable rows 4 x 10 reps 
  • DB 21's 3 sets 

10 min stretching (squat focused)

I am pretty happy with the paused squats. I got my self a new lever belt (same as my "old" one but a size smaller), getting rid of all those fatties meant I fall out of my old one... I am pretty happy with it so far. Black sued with black lever. Once you go black... 

FOOD:

8:00 BCAA

11:30 Chicken (300 gr) soup, 500 gr potato wedges, 2 x casein + whey blend, creatine, fish oils 6 caps or so...

Planning on...

16:00 2 casein+whey blend, one slice of apple cake (I made it, f*ck yeah!) 

23:00 Chicken soup, potato wedges, casein +/- cottage cheese with raisins ... 

Week 10 Day 6

BW 77.6

TRAINING:

Squat challenge ... Week 1 of 52 - Session 5 of 200 

Squats:

• 120 x 6 x 3 sets (belted)

Skill work:

• Summo 140 x 6 x 3
  • Bench 90 x 6 x 3

Aesthetics:

• Leg press 240 x 5 x 3 sets
  • Front squats 100 x 7 x 2 sets 
  • Seated leg curls x 6 x 3 sets 
  • Russian drops x 3 x 4 sets 

Some ups and downs during this session. Most of the squat reps felt pretty good, but on a few I noticed my self shifting away from my strong side. I put it down to fatigue more than anything. I have been diligent with strenghtening my weak side, now I just have to give it time to catch up.

Summos felt really good today. I felt like I could load my hips better on these than on wednesday. Happy for this.

Bench was so - so ... expected it I guess ... being so close to my incline session. 

Front squats were intresting. First set went pretty good. I used my usual clean grip, felt strong and it seemed I was loading the rigt areas. On the second set I went with a bodybuilding grip and that made it so much harder for me. I had to be super perpendicular in relation to the floor in order not to loose the lift when coming out of the bottom of it. 

FOOD:

8:30 BCAA

11:30 Chicken (300 gr) soup with veges, Coco-rocks + lactose free milk, 50 gr of lollies

15:00 250 gr of cottase chese with raisins + 1 tbl spoon of iceing sugar, 2 x casein + whey blend, potato wedges, 1 slice of apple cake, fish oil

Planning on some eggs, potato wedges and casein for dinner... maybe some apple cake (last slice standing.... might as well put it ut of its misery) 

Last nigh I pretty much stuck to the plan... minus the cottage cheese/raisins, but I did have a glass of wine 

Week 11 (Last week of body recomp.) Day 1 

BW 78.6 (went to the movies last night... now we know where the lollies ended up *blush*)

Squat challenge Week 2 of 52 - Session 6 of 200 

• 125 x 4 sets of 5 (no belt) 

Skill work:

• Bench 92.5 x 4 sets of 5 

Aesthetics:

• Close grip floor press 5 sets of 5 reps 90 to a 100kg
  • BB row 3 sets of 8 reps 60 to 80 kg 
  • Chins with various grips 42 reps in total at BW
  • DB side raises 3 x 12-15 reps 
  • DB curls 2 drop sets 
  • DB 21's 2 sets 
  • Farmers walk 2 x 50 DBs x 3 times

Stretching and mobility (squat focused):

• 12 minutes.

Pretty decent session. I was happy with the squats in general. Perhaps a better squat session than saturday's one (in general) but speed might have been better on saturday on some of the reps. Happy regardless, especially when considering the massive amount of DOMS I had after my last leg session. No idea why ...?!

The floor press was way harder than anticipated. Highlighted a weakness for sure. Lets see if it contributes to some development in the next few weeks. 

FOOD:

10:00 BCAA

14:30 400 gr of beef (as coconut curry) with rice, 2 x casein + whey blend, 400 grof potato wedges, dates, fish oil, creatine, vitamin c 

22:00 Possibly chicken soup, potato wedges, dates and some shake

Week 11 Day 2 

Squat challenge 2/7 of Week 52 / Session 200 

Squats (no belt):

• 125 x 3
  • 130 x 3
  • 135 x 3

​They felt decent considering I did squat yesterday etc... 

Stretching: 12 min shoulders. 

Food: 

12:00 BCAA

14:00 400 gr beef, yogurth, oats, sultanas, 1 x casein+whey blend, creatine, fish oil, vit c

Thinking of ....

21:00 Beef + oats, dates, 1 x casein+whey, fish oil 

Week 11 Day 3

Squat challenge 2/8 of 52/200. 

Squats (no belt):

• 125 x 5
  • 125 x 5
  • 125 x 5
  • 125 x 5

Skill work

Bench:

• 92.5 x 5
  • 92.5 x 5
  • 92.5 x 5
  • 92.5 x 5

Summo deadlifts:

• 150 x 5
  • 150 x 5
  • 150 x 5 (belted)
  • 150 x 5 (belted) 

Aesthetics:

• Snatch grip deadlifts 3 x 8 @ 120
  • Prone leg curls 4 x 8 @ full stack

Good session, but run out of time. I had to start early once again, woke up at 5 and I was in the gym by 6 am. I couldn't squize everything into the session I neded to do before I left to clinic but got a decent amount of work done. Squats and deads felt ok. I ended up throwing the belt on for a few sets on the deads. This may sound funny but I need to practice with it on or I don't feel like I get much out of it when I am trying to max out. 

Food:

11:00 2 x casein+whey combo, coco pops, cookies and some lollies *blush*

17:00 Beef (300) + rice, creatine, vitamin c

Planning on some chicken soup, potato wedges, creatine and fish oil, 1 or 2 servings of protein as well. 

Squat Challenge Week 2 of 52 - Session 9 of 200

Squats: 

• 125 x 5 x 3 sets 

SKILL WORK

Bench:

• 92.5 x 5 x 4 sets 

AESTHETICS:

• Incline BP 
    • 82.5 x 5 x 4 sets 
    • 92.5 x 3 x 2 sets
  • ​Hammer strenght millitary press 4 sets of 6
  • DB side raises 3 sets of 10
  • BB front raises 3 sets of 10
  • BB rows 4 sets of 8 
  • 1 arm DB rows 3 sets of 10 - 20 
  • BB curls 3 sets of 10 - 20
  • DB 21's 2 sets 
  • Some light cable flys 

Some squat specific stretching approx 12 minutes. 

Squats felt below average. I put it down to substandard sleep and food yesterday as well as missing out on some squat specific stretching following my squat session. I ended up using the belt on the last two sets as well. I felt like I needed it. Rest of the session was ok tho. 

Done with my body recomposition challenge. I enjoyed it and learned a lot despite the fact that I have done IF for over two years now. I am still planning to drop 1 more BF % so I get to 8% than my aim is to maintain around that level of BF with a slow and steady muscle gain aproach. Looking at my own pictures I see a mille long of "wholes" in my aesthetic game, but keen to patch a few of them up the best I can. Hamstrings, upper back and chest development are just a few to mention. 

So the new goals are:

1. Increasing my numbers/powerlifting total in the big 3.
  2. Maintain a decent body composition. (Fat doesn't lift them weights...)
  3. Smash out 200 squat sessions in 52 weeks
  4. Increase aesthetics :-D 

• I know some would say that a few of these goals interfere with each other, but I am pretty confident it is quite the oposite in my case. Trying to keep a low - ish BF will ensure I keep on point with my nutrition and prepear my meals in advance, cycle my carbs as well as hit  protein macroes high enough each day. I think doing these have helped my recovery a tremendous amount over the last 11 weeks or so.
  • As far as powerlifting goes, my squat numbers / 1 RM is lacking compered to those in my weight class, thus needs to be improoved. If my squat goes up my deadlift usually moves with it an equal or greater amount so if it all works out, I get to "fix" two of my lifts at the same time. 
  • Aesthetics - Well *pleasantry* ha ha ... In the past I have mainly focused on compoud movements and as much as I loved them and helped me to build my physique I come to realize that bodybuilding type work has its place (indeed an important one) in every powerlifters game. Getting stronger/bigger hamstrings, back etc can help me smash some decent numbers in the future. On top of this, I just want to feel good/athletic in my own skin. Thus, having a semi - decent overal muscular built / development is important to me. 

So.... SQUATS - ABBs and GUNS *i-m_so_happy*

FOOD:

9:00 BCAA

12:00 Chicken (300 gr) soup with greens, 3 x casein + whey combo, coco pops, low lactose milk

Planning on:

17:00 Subway 6" of classic chicken I think, 2 scoops of casein+whey blend (This meal is pretty much set in stone.) 

22:00 Beef (200 gr), potato wedges, some yogurth, casein+whey blend, fish oil caps, vit-c, 10 gr creatine