Week 4 Day 6

BW 79.00

Squats 

120 x 7 @ 8.5 RPE

90 x 10 x 5s

Core 5 sets of 15 - 25 reps

Prone hamstring curls 3 sets of 8 

Straight leg snatch grip deadlift 3 sets of 10 reps

Training was pretty good, apart my intense dislike for high rep squating. I DESPISE high reps squat sets *wacko* still, have to lay some fundation so I will keep them around for a few weeks. One thing is sure, I am really - really sick of my up and down squat progress. I am ok with being a weak ass whimp during the next few weeks, but than it is time to fix my squat,bench and deadlift numbers without ballooning up into a fatty!  

It seems  like I am  making some progress on the fatloss front, attached a progress picture. Admitedly the lighting in the picture is more flattering than I look. I seem to think anyways.... any advice, pointers is welcome. 

Food:

9:00 BCAA

11:30 500 gr chicken, 4 toasts

17:00 3 whole eggs + 5 whites, 2 cups of lactose free milk, 1-2 cups coco pops.

21:00 (still to come) Undecided on what I will have yet. It be high in carbs and protein... maybe some potato wedges, chicken or tuna.... defenatly some casein. 

post-92688-14166838333567_thumb.jpg

Week 4 Day 7

BW 79.2

No training.

Food:

1. 12:30 300 gr chicken, veges, coconut oil, casein x 2 
  2. 19:30 Chicken (300 gr) soup with lots of greens, cod liver oil, vit C
  3. 23:00 (still to come) casein x 2, a few pieces of toasts with jam, creatine, vit C

Week 5 day 1

BW 78.1

Training:

Incline bench press

87.5 x 6

82.5 x 7

75 x 10 

Bench press

85 x 8 x 3

85 x 7

Chest supported BB row 4 sets of 10

Straight arm lat pull down 3 x 10 - 15

Cable cross overs 3 x 12 - 15

DB curls 40 reps / side

DB raises 2 x 20 reps 

Food:

11:00 Casein x 1

14:30 Casein x 1

15:00 500 gr chicken as soup with lots of greens, toasts, 2 small custard slices, creatine

16:30 Casein, dates

22:00 2 egss + 4 whites, toasts, potato wedges, Casein x 2, creatine, cod liver oil, vitamin c

Training was surprisingly good. I put it down due to the great nigh sleep. 

Week 5 Day 2

BW 78.5

Conditioning 30 minutes.

It seems I am pretty unfit *wacko* planning to add two conditioning workout per week to my weekly weight sessions. I may omit them if I think they interfere with recovery or feel like I am loosing muscle. I am ectomorph by nature and cardio can chew my existing muscle mass (pun intended) away pretty easy. I prefer to manipulate body fat trough diet, but wouldn't mind to have an improoved level of cardiovascular condition. Give it a few session... 

Food:

8 : 30 BCAA

These yet to happen but are set in stone!

13:00 4 servings of casein - whey blend, coconut oil, cod liver oil, (+some greens if I can get some by than)

22:00 Chicken soup (300 grams of chicken) 2 whole eggs+2 whites, 1 scoop of casein, a few pieces of toast 

Week 5 day 3 

BW 78.5 

Training:

Deadlift 160 x 8 @ 9 RPE

Leg press 4 sets of 8 @ 200

Core 5 sets of 10 reps

Sumo deadlift 2 sets of 10 reps

GHR 3 x 10reps

Standing and seated calfs 2 x 10 - 15

Good training session, despite the fact that I woke up after only four hours of sleep. i could not fall back to sleep so I decided to make a big batch of chicken soup and prep some lean beef for tomorrow as well. 

Food: 

7:30 casein+whey mix x 1

9:30 casein+whey mix x 1 

12:30 chicken (300) in soup with veges, a few slices of toasts, 3 servings of casein+whey, one rice bar, a few dates

19:00 chicken (300) in soup with veges, potato vedges, one slice of pastry, Vit-c, creatine, casein+whey x 1

22:00 still to come.... Thinking some eggs and egg whites, tuna on toasts and 1-2 casein+whey mix....

Week 5 Day 4 

BW: 78.5

Training:

Conditioning for 30 minutes.

Foods:

12:30 BCAA

1:30 400 grams of lean beef with plenty of greens. 1 serving of casein+whey.

22:00 3 whole eggs + one white. 3 servings of casein+whey, quite a few toast with jam, dates, cod liver oil, vitamin C, creatine, 

Got my bodyfat measured again. Down an other 1.25% over the last 10 days. I am happy with this. I feel like I am making decent strides. Really looking forward to training tomorrow...  

Got my casein in the mail today while the other one by Giant sports I picked up from the shop. The creatine was a free bonus yey ... 

post-92688-14166838378812_thumb.jpg

post-92688-1416683838055_thumb.jpg

Dropping a percent a week, which you seem to be doing, is perfect. KUTGW mate.

Thank you. Apprechiate it!

Week 5 Day 5

BW 77.8

Training:

Bench press 

105 x 5 @ 9 RPE

95 x 8

90 x 10 

Dips 

BW + 30 x 6 x 3s

BW + 15 x 20 x 2s

1 arm DB row 3 x 10 reps

BB shrugs 2 x 10 reps

Farmers walk with the 50kg DBs 2 round

Biceps curls 40 - 45 reps

Eats:

11:00 BCAA

13:00 Chicken soup with the usual chicken breast and plenty of greens, a few slices of toasts, 2 rice bars, dates, 2 x servings of casein+whey mix

17:00 2 servings of casein+whey mix, coco pops

22:00 Pancakes, half a kilo of low fat cottage cheese, 2 toasts with tuna and baked beans, 1 serving of casein+whey blend

Gym went pretty good this morning happy with the small gains that presented themselfs. Seems like my body responds well to an organized training plan. Time will tell.

post-92688-14166838383681_thumb.jpg

Week 5 Day 6  Half point I guess!!!!

BW 78.5

Training 

Squats 

125 x 5 @ 10 RPE 

100 x 10 x 3s

Machine based hack squats @ 80 x 15 x 2s

Core 4 sets of 20 reps

Prone leg curls 3 x 8 reps

Snatch grip SLD 3 x 10

Rehab stuff = 50 reps 

My squat sucks *dash1* It will be my #1 priority to sort after the cutting phase is obver and switched to a lean gain stage. 

Food:

12:00 Coco pops, rice bars, 2 casein+whey mix, dates

16:00 Chicken soup with veges, 4 toasts 

Not sure on the rest of the meals yet *scratch_one-s_head* pankakes and cottage cheese is a strong posibility!

Edit:

Last meals consisted:

19:00 2 scoops of whey+casein, 4 slices of toasts with jam.

22:00 One small serving of ice cream, 2 dognuts and 1 serving of casein only

I took a progress picture to compare to the previous pix, same lighting (quite flattering actually, makes me look leaner than I am... I think)and angle.

post-92688-14166838387469_thumb.jpg

Toast and jam, pancakes, doughnuts, icecream... what kind of cutting diet is this?! Or are you going down the high carbs, low fat route?

Whatever it is, it seems to be working.

*blush* You make me feel like a naughty school kid! *blush*

I am doing IF with a bit of carb cycling and maybe even carb back loading thrown in there. 

I do need to tighten up things tho, half way and I still have quite a bit of adipocytes to get rid of *aggressive* 

post-92688-14166838387617_thumb.jpg

OnlyHuman wrote: 

Blush You make me feel like a naughty school kid! Blush

I am doing IF with a bit of carb cycling and maybe even carb back loading thrown in there.  

Not at all... I won my first bodybuilding competition on toast and jam - it's the diet of champions!

And actually, I'm doing almost exactly the same thing anyway - IF with carb backloading. Last night I ate half a banana cake and 2 pottles of chocolate mousse. Although in hindsight, I probably shouldn't done that on a rest day. Ooops...

OnlyHuman wrote: 

Blush You make me feel like a naughty school kid! Blush

Not at all... I won my first bodybuilding competition on toast and jam - it's the diet of champions!

And actually, I'm doing almost exactly the same thing anyway - IF with carb backloading. Last night I ate half a banana cake and 2 pottles of chocolate mousse. Although in hindsight, I probably shouldn't done that on a rest day. Ooops...

Week 5 Day 7

BW 77.8

No training.

Food:

I packed my food in the morning, and went to school with out it. the only thing I ended up taking was some coconut oil. Made for a pretty long fast that day...

19:00 Lots of yogurt,  raisins, 2 scoops of casein+whey combo, cod livel oil

21:00 Beef 400 gr, quite a few toasts, 2 x casein+whey combo, lots of toasts, vitamin C, creatine

Week 6 Day 1

BW 78.5 

Training:

Incline BP

90 x 6 @ 10 RPE

82.5 x 7

80 x 10 

Bench press 87.5 x 7 x 4s

Chest supported BB row 4 sets of 12

Lean away DB raises 3 x 12 - 20 reps 

Ok session. I was surprised to see my BW "climbing" could be extra food in the digestive system etc. not sure.

Food:

6:30 Bcaa

8:00 1 x casein + whey blend 

12:00 300gr of chicken as chicken soup with lots of greens, 200 gr of beef, 5 slices of toasts

16:00 Pancakes + cottage cheese with whipped cream, toasts and jam, 2 serving of casein+whey combo, creatine, 

22:00 Beef, toasts, creamed rice, some lolies 

Week 6 Day 2

BW 79.2 

Training: 30 min steady state cardio. (I didn't feel like doing conditioning so opted for something easy.)

Food:

12:00 BCAA

14:00 400 gr beef + greens

17:30 1 x casein+whey blend

21:00 400 gr beef + quite a few toasts, 1 milo bar, dates, creatine , Vit-C 

Week 6 Day 3

BW 78.8 *scratch_one-s_head*

Training:

Deadlift worked up to 170 x 5 @ 9 RPE

Summo deadlift: 100 x 10 , 120 x 8 x 2s

Box squats 90 x 10 x 2 s

GHR 2 x 10 reps 

Core 5 sets of 10 reps 

Squat rehab:

30 reps worth of stuff. 

So  I couldn't help my self and kept pondering about my shitty squats *bad* decided that  It is time to start and lay some very basic  foundation, nice and slowly. Obviously, cutting and all for the next 4 or so weeks I can't do anything drastic (Eg smolov etc) but I can start slowly, taking baby steps. So that is what I will do. I made a plan, and I will implement it. In the past I maneged to get to double bodyweight squat with some solid work, than progress always stalled. FINALLY I think I figured out what is holding me back and I am determined to fix my weaknesses. Time will tell...

Food

12:00 Chicken (500 gr) soup with veges, 4 slices of toast, dates, one rice bar

19:00 Beef (200 gr), 2 scoops of casein+whey combo with a few toasts, some jam, one rice bar, cod liver oil

22:00 (Still to happen..... !!!) Chicken (200gr) soup with veges, 2 whole eggs+3 whites, potato vedges, 1 casein, creatine, vit-c

Week 6 Day 5

BW 77.1 Lowest so far but not to concerned some of it is water weight, as I had a low carb day yesterday. 

Training:

Squat rehab 3 x 6 @ 100 

Bench:

107.5 x 4 @ 9 - 9.5 RPE

100 x 6

90 x 12

Dips - BW+30 x 8 x 3 sets 

1 arm DB rows 45 x 10 - 12 x 3 sets

Straight arm lat pull downs 3 x 10 - 15 reps

DB shoulder raises 3 x 15 - 20 

DB curls 24 reps

Pretty happy with today's gym performance. This is the lightest I have been for over a year and some lifts going up. Still not quite as strong as I was before the diet phase, but the body is adjusting and it seems I am recovering adequetly at the moment. Glad that I've choosen to follow a reasonably layed out, structured plan. Started on my squat rehab. It is outrageous how weak my squat got. Shame really!

Eating:

10:00 BCAA

10:30 an other serving during the training session 

12:00 Chicken (300 gr) soup with some greans, 500gr baked potatoes, 2 x casein+whey combo, dates, creatine

15:30 2 scoops of casein+whey combo, 1 can of creamed rice, some dates

21:30 Just about to have some beef (400 gr) toasts, dates

23:30 casein and some carbs not sure what yet... potato wedges are a tempting choice right now....

I think I managed to drop some fat this week. I think.. haven't had a BF measurement but initially I was feeling "fat" over the monday to wed period but today it seems like some adipocites been sacraficed on the altar of asthetic progress. TIme will tell....

Also I measured my arms and calfs and they both got bigger. It is probably due to muscle memory as I haven't regulary trained either of them for close to 10 years or so... they been bigger before. Muscle memory would be my guess *pardon*

Week 6 Day 6

BW 78

Squat rehab:

• Paused squats  100 x 6 x 3 sets

Leg press:

• 220 x 5 x 4 sets 
  • 250 x 5

Front squats:

• 90 x 7 x 3 sets 

Russian drop outs:

• 3 sets of 5 reps

Good session. I have lots of work to do on my squats but I am determined to owerhaul them. 

On an other note. Very proud coaching moment for me today. I have been helping a lady friend of mine to get ready for her first powerlifting comp, and this week she was due for her (periodic) body composition check in addition to determining her new 1RMs.  To date:

• she has lost 9.9kg of body fat
  • put on 3.7kg of muscle
  • increased her total on the big 3 by 47.5 kg (not new to weight training)

I feel like I am building a machine lol 

Food:

I did not go with the planned last meal last night ... I realized I had run out of carbs just prior to  organizing that last meal so I had to scramble the following together. 

• 2 scoops of casein, yogurt with raisins and 1 can of fruit slad mix, 1 LCM rice bar, 1 tea spoon of cod liver oil

Today:

9:30 1 x casein+whey combo

12:30 chicken (300 gr) soup with greens, 2 buns, 250 beef (some sort of lean deli meat), 1 LCM rice bar, rice cakes

16:00 3 scoops of casein+whey combo, 1 LCM bar, rice cakes 

Planning on some beef in the area of 400 gr some toast, 2 whole and 2 egg whites in addition to some potato wedges, 1 scoop of casein, creatine and vit C as my last meal ... 

Week 7 Day 1 

BW 78.1

Squat rehab:

• 4 sets of 5 @ 105
  • about 30 reps of prehab stuff as prescribed by the higher powers

Incline bench:

• 92.5 x 5 @ 10 RPE
  • 85 x 6
  • 80 x 8

​Paused bench press:

• 3 sets of 6 @ 90

Chest supported BB row:

• 5 sets of 10 - 12

DB incline off-set curls;

• 3 sets of 8

BB curls:

• 3 sets of 10 - 12 reps

Good session. Pleased with the minor improvements in how squats felt today. It seemed to me that my legs felt relativelly recovered from saturdays session. I was a bit concerned they wouldn't be so I was happy not to feel the residual effects of that. Even that I am not squating heavy or anything, they felt ok. working very hard on form, positioning and cues. Noticing the imbalances between my legs more so than in the past, but time has come to iron this out. Work in progress...

Reasonably happy with my incline numbers. I got 90 x 6 last week and they felt comperatively similar in difficulty. I was hoping to get 6 but not this week. I will attempt the same weight next week and hope that I squize out that 6th rep.

Training my arms still requiers some major mental fortitude from me. So not into biceps curls. I was going through the motions when it doomed on me I am only doing them as a token effort... I put some more metal on the bar and gave it a better effort after that. I would like to grow my gunz a bit... not sure why I strugle with biceps training/motivation in this area. 

Food:

9:00 1 serving of Xtend BCAA

• Than one more serving during 1/2 way of the workout. 

​12:00 3 scoops of casein+whey combo, 3 x LCM rice bars

Still to come:

17:00 400 gr beef, 350 gr of potato wedges  (This meal is written in stone... already packed, sitting next to me in the post grad lab.)

22:00 yet to be confirmed but thinking of 3-4 whole eggs+4 whites, some toasts, 2 scoop of casein, cod liver oil, 10 gr of creatine and some vit C...