Big dick playa

Leeroid

So I've decided to make a new journal because I felt that it was time for a change. I will log my training and progress pictures in this thread without going into much detail on what I am running at any time.

I am currently 9 days out from my first bodybuilding competition, the IFBB Waikato champs where I will be competing in the Junior division and the 70-80kg category. I am not lean enough as I only gave myself a 10 week prep and I would say I'm about 8% atm at 78kgs bodyweight.

Today I trained at Les Mills Victoria St with Brain Choi. We did a short chest session as he had clients.

Incline DB press

25kg x12

35kg x10

40kg x10, 8

Flat DB press superset with DB flyes

25kgs x20, 12.5kg x15

25kg x15, 12.5kg x12

25kg x12, 12.5kg x12

Hammer press incline 

1 and a half plates per side x12, 3 sets

77.6kgs today. Brian wanted me to do physique as he said that I would do well. I'm tempted to give it a go but I would need to work on my posing. 

Looking good bro and nice V taper,Keep up the good work.Enjoy next Saturday.I will give you some good advice which is enjoy every minute of being there which is a win it's self reguardles of the result.If you dont win your class just think happy be there whiich was one of things I thought lots when I was out for my fasted cardio while I was preping for the Pan's one last thing good luck.Very inspring pics

I agree with Pseudonym but if you can do both classes go for it the more trophies the better right!

As for not being in condition in time, you had a far idea that you didn't have enough time so wouldn't be to upset with that. You have good separation and shape at 8% so will still look good on the stage with all that downward lighting!

Good luck man will be in the audience cheering you on.  

Thanks guys. Nationals I will be where I want to be hopefully!

As for physique, I think I will decide closer to the day.

Biceps, calves and cardio

DB curls

12.5kg x15

15kg x8, 3 sets

Close grip EZ bar preacher curls

5kg per side x9, 4 sets

Hammer curls

10kg x8, 2 sets

8kg x9, 2 sets

21s

5kg per side, 3 sets

Seated calf raises

6 sets

Standing calf raises

6 sets

Cardio 250 calories

Triceps and abs

Skullcrushers

10kg per side x8, 8, 7, 6

DB overhead extnsion single arm

10kg x10, 4 sets

Cable overhead extension

x10, 4 sets

Reverse grip tricep extension

x12, 2 sets

Ab circuit, 10 mins

77.2kgs today. Starting to feel a bit lethargic and depleted due to low carbs and low calorie intake (100g and 2200 respectively)

Skinfolds

Bicep 3mm (last week 3mm)

Tricep 4mm (last week 3mm)

Sub scapular 9mm (last week 10mm)

Suprailliac 7mm (last week 9mm)

Pec 5.5mm (last week 3.5mm)

Quad 5mm (last week 6mm)

Ab 10mm (last week 11mm)

Overall a downward trend allowing for discrepancies in measuring. Really wanna get that sub scapular measurement down .

Layne Norton = Filt

GH15 approved

Edit: Just watched the video. Makes sense but I look best first thing in the morning compared to in the evening where I seem softer with less striations and less 'dry'. My reasoning is that I'm getting mildlly dehydrated while sleeping because I'm not drinking for 8 hours. And then drinking water during the day fills out the subcutaneous water. So I think I will refrain from drinking much water on Saturday. Might abandon the sodium loading and depletion now though.

I've been browsing GH15 a lot and they hate Layne Norton lol. Call him fake natty filt LMAO.

LOL he probably has used before, If he's involved in academic research it would be career ending if he did admitt something like that. 

You'll find 100s of people who tell you you have to turn around and touch the ground 8x or you'll look flat and cramp up on stage but in reality how many of those do you also see/hear who say "oh i didn't look as good on stage as i did the week before/night before" "I was holding water on stage" etc...

Theres some good peopele at the moment who aren't advocating "peak week" like Jess Coate and Dana linn bailey who uses George Farrah. (sorry im not a good source for impressive men info lololol) 

You gotta decide for yourself though, its good to have all the info :) 

i sodium load and reduce - it works - just need to pay close attention to water intake and response to carbs when if you load.  Also pays to rehearse it a few times too. 

Looking really impressive mate - dont take the noise to heart - shut it out.  I agree a lot with what Daz says - as you may say I am a bit old school but I do know you have changed your approach a lot over the last 12 months. 

DLady

I dont think its the mods responsibility to sticky our opinions - the forum is designed to open the collective opinion of the membership.  If you disagree or challenge then do so respectfully - and I think Daz does this but with passion.  Today I met a young guy only 16 on his second cycle - this is more of a worry in my opinion than someone starting at 19 years.  He was embaressed to tell me initially as he knows I have a strong opinion on age when it comes to PEDs - this is something Im looking forward to discussing with his source in person very soon.

Tom go well bro - first comp is such a milestone and one that you should be very proud of.  Especially as good as you look mate.  Welldone

:)

Thanks Opti, appreciate it. 16 years old and on his second cycle? What are his stats now?

Back and biceps today

Pullups

x12, 7, 4

DB rows

25kg x12, 3 sets

Lat pulldowns

x10, 3 sets

Cable rows

x12, 3 sets

Cable hammer curls

x12, 3 sets

Rear cable flyes

x12, 3 sets

DB curls

12.5kg x10, 3 sets

Face pulls

x12, 3 sets

30 minutes treadmill HIIT 350 calories

76.2kgs today. Felt really depleted and had no energy lol. Had some rice for dinner so macros today were CPF 125, 217, 71 for 2100 cals. 

4 days out!!!!!

17%20Sep%202013.PNG

post-95841-14166838123776_thumb.png

I was going to have a light shoulders workout on Wednesday before work but ended up helping out at home with some manual labour so skipped the gym. Didn't train yesterday either, just did about 20 minutes of posing. 

The last 6 days I've had less than 100g carbs to deplete glycogen stores. This morning, I started my carb up. I had 2 bananas and an orange to restore liver glycogen stores, then had a cup of oats. I will have 3 more meals with 70g of carbs each then see how I look in the evening. 

Took progress pics, my weight this morning was 75.8kgs. I dropped 1.4kgs since last week. I'm looking OK, I guess. Satisfied with how I currently am but for nationals, I will try and come in a lot tighter. Hopefully the carbing up and dehydrating will make a big difference. Fingers crossed. Bodyfat percentage estimates? I'd say 7%? Not sure if I'm down to 6% yet. 

front%20double-tile.jpg

ab%20thigh-tile.jpg

post-95841-14166838169317_thumb.jpg

post-95841-14166838169854_thumb.jpg

Hmm. Looking at those pics, Leeroid, I might revise my BF% estimate - downwards. :D

Massive congratulations - you look fantastic. Is competitor #99 the guy who beat you in the Novice 70-80? I don't know how the judges scored it, but I wouldn't put him light years ahead of you. He's bigger in the upper body especially, but you're about equal for body fat, and I'd put you ahead for symmetry and proportions. So you're not that far away!

Thanks guys, it was a great experience and after nationals, I'm going to really try and put some size on for next year.

So I ate everything in sight yesterday, just a few of the things I ate:

Cream and jam donuts

Peanut butter and jam rice cakes

Salmon

Rice

Burger Fuel

Chicken drumsticks

Chips

Eggs

Noodles

Ice cream

Spring rolls

Sponge cake

Afghan biscuits

Chocolate milk

I weighed in this morning at 81.3kgs so I gained 5kgs. Felt so bloated and lethargic. Back on the diet today though.

Trained chest and abs today

Squat

20kg x12

60kg x10

100kg x5

140kg x3

180kg x3 (knee wraps)

200kg x1 (knee wraps)

Bench press

20kg x10

60kg x8

80kg x3 (paused)