Newbie and wants to lose weight - Help Me :)

keyman21_

Hey everyone,

Ok I'm 92kg and this is my plan

Monday: Intervals (1 min 4.5 speed on treadmil, 1 min 16.0 speed on treadmil. Total time = 20mins) 

Tues: Chest

Weds: Intervals

Thurs: Shoulders

Fri: Intervals

Sat: Biceps/Back

Sun: Rest

With my interval training the treadmil says I burn 250 Calories. I'm eating far more healthy now, I use to just eat junk everyday.

Do you guys think I get some good results fast, in terms of getting my weight down? Thanks

Hey Keyman.

That's not a bad start, and the intervals are good, but I notice you're not doing any leg workouts. Training legs is probably one of best workouts for burning calories, so it's definitely a good idea to include them.

I'd do something more like this:

Mon: Intervals
Tue: Chest/Shoulders
Wed: Intervals
Thurs: Back/Biceps
Fri: Intervals
Sat: Legs
Sun: Rest

Weight loss is all about calories out, versus calories in. So, although that's a good workout, it also depends on what you eat (and how much of it).

It's good that's you've cleaned up your diet already - and that, combined with the workouts, may be all that's needed. But if you're not starting to see results after a couple of weeks, post up your diet, and we can suggest ways to tweak it.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Good work mate, im doing the weight loss thing too. hitting it from both ends in that im building skeletal muscle in order to burn more during the day and cleaning up the crap i put in my mouth. in my opinion excersize is great but the main gais are from making good choices with food.

Commit to drinking water and lots of it - if you do need that morning coffee - black and no sugar. i used to have 2 bottles of V before lunch time and one day i realised that the 200 odd calories i burned in cardio was less than the softdrinks i had in the day. morning coffee can help enhance your metabolic rate so thats good to know as well but i dont have more than one else i wont get good sleep at night.

This year im adding another habbit to my lifestyle and that is getting up early enough to complete a 30-40 min walk round the neigbourhood - this has also been shown to enhance the metabolism throughout the day as well as stimulating brain function

water and lots of it - if you do need that morning coffee - black and no sugar. 

Wouldnt go that far mate,I use splenda instead of sugar, and limit the milk- low fat milk is a good source of protein, just factor it into your macros and you can still enjoy those coffees

My advice is dont try and do too much to start - adjust gently so you can always add more, small changes week in week out is the way. You might want results fasts but generally in fat loss fast results = only temporary results. Most weight loss diets end in weight re-gain (plus more!) but slow and steady wins the race and means you're more likely to keep the weight off. 

Diet and exercise do work well togehter but suddenly creating a large calorie defecit (eg cutting out several hundred calories worth of food as well as burning 200 - 400 calories through exercsie) is not going to make your body feel very happy. 

yes its good to clean up the junk but try and replace the calories as well - rather than ending up eating mainly salad/veggies and low carbs - the calories wont add up to much and you're doing yoursrelf a disservice and forcing your body to throw you off the wagon or plateau by dramatically reducing calories when you only need to lower them very slightly every few weeks to keep on getting resutls. 

So check what your calorie intake would have been before you cut the junk out and aim to eat maybe 100-200 calories less than what that was but of good healthy food - you can always cut 100 calories out every couple of weeks if you find your weight loss or progress slows.

Eat to fuel your training and the physique changes will come! :) From 92kgs after 12 weeks an 85 - 87kg kg physique which has built a decent amount of muscle on good amounts of nutritious food will look 10x better than an 80-82kg physique that has been deprived of carbs and food! 

Good luck!