NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
justhell

weird snap feeling in outer quad while lunging ?

Hey peeps *bye*

Got this really strange slightly stinging feeling in the top outer (side) of my quad tonight while doing weighted lunges.

Im not in any pain now,but can lightly feel where it happened, doing my first set.

On the very bottom of lunging, and streched out ,i felt somthing kind of snap like a rubber band,i felt the letting go feeling as if i had a small rubber band in my leg,nothing really painful at all,but i now get like a stinging sensation when i try and lunge.

I know that it couldnt be too seroius because there isnt much pain there at all.

Im just curious as to what happened inside my leg as iv never come across this issue before.

Any feedback on this would be much appreaciated.

Cheers.

*ok*

May be a small tear bro - I completely did my Vastus medialis a few months back.  Go se a physio that does ACC - mine was covered - will cost you about $20ish.  If they need to scan it they will tell you but would definately get it checked ... glad I did.

Hey there Optimass, cheers for the reply mate.

I have spoken with a couple of big boys about it and have come to the conclusion that it is a small tear & could be scar tissue from imi ( it is in the near enough exact spot).

To be honest it is feeling alot better tonight and it only hurts if I do a lunge movement.

If the pain doesn't go in the next couple of days I will go see the doctor.

Iv been told to put ice on it for a few days, so il go do that now.

Cheers opti

:)

ice and compress is good - my leggings came in handy. 

Also massaging up and down the length of the muscle ever other day will aid in iron out the scar tissue a bit.  It takes two weeks for the fibres to bind properly.  My tear was fortunately in the middle of the muscle belly and not close to the tendon line so its going to be a bit better off long term.  Hole was 6cm by 1.5 approx .... look horrifying on the scan.  Doc was amazed I still managed to engage and lift the weight. 

Optimass wrote:

ice and compress is good - my leggings came in handy. 

Also massaging up and down the length of the muscle ever other day will aid in iron out the scar tissue a bit.  It takes two weeks for the fibres to bind properly.  My tear was fortunately in the middle of the muscle belly and not close to the tendon line so its going to be a bit better off long term.  Hole was 6cm by 1.5 approx .... look horrifying on the scan.  Doc was amazed I still managed to engage and lift the weight. 

Smile

Yep feeling good again trained legs lastnight with no problem at all.i could feel a slight pain when lunging but not worth mentioning really.

Glad it wasnt a major injury.

Leg muscles are a bit tender today, Lovin it......