Gymnation Challenge 2013 - Aesthetics: Most Improved

Pseudonym

Gymnation-Challenge-2013---header_0.jpg

Aesthetics: Most Improved
This category is looking for the contestant (male or female) who makes the biggest steps towards the most symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing physique.

The winner of this category takes home a year’s supply of Horleys protein powder! Plus there's a runner-up prize courtesy of NZ Muscle, and just by entering you'll go in the draw to win one of 20 Fitwear vouchers worth $100.

How to enter this category:

• You need to take two or more sets of photos (Before and After sets) during this challenge.
  • Each photo set must contain the following poses:
    • three different poses of your choice, and
    • a relaxed pose showing you holding a sign with “GYMNATION, {your username}, {current date}” clearly written on it.
  • Before and After sets must both have the same poses, taken from as close to the same angle as possible.
  • All photos must be full-body shots from head to toe. (Faces can be blocked out if you wish).
  • Board shorts may be worn to knee length.
  • Photos may be taken under indoor lighting or sunlight, but on-stage competition photos are not allowed.
  • You may post your photos at any time throughout the competition, but the earlier you post your Before set, the more time you have to get advice from people and make improvements.
  • You must have posted both sets of photos by 10pm, Sunday 1st December.
  • This category is open to both men and women. The winners will be decided by a poll of Gymnation members in the week following the competition.
  • Please read the Gymnation Summer Challenge general rules as well.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh awesome, looking forward to maybe giving this a go this year.. aesthetic category perfect since mostly can't train legs. super light weight checking in! *biggrin*

edit : Ok started log to begin my journey on this challenge : http://www.gymnation.co.nz/workout-central/workout-journals/fotrs-light-weight-literally-log .. damn you both DCYPL and Rapz go enter the other categories *dash1*

pics..

post-94220-14166838019046_thumb.jpg

post-94220-14166838020244_thumb.jpg

post-94220-14166838021228_thumb.jpg

post-94220-14166838022448_thumb.jpg

Yay! Well done on being first in, Ron! Good poses, too. Now you've got more time than anyone else to make improvements.

Although you don't look anything like the Ron I've been picturing all this time. (I'm not sure what my mental picture of you was, but it may have been something like Ron out of Harry Potter... :P)

Yay! Well done on being first in, Ron! Good poses, too. Now you've got more time than anyone else to make improvements.

Although you don't look anything like the Ron I've been picturing all this time. (I'm not sure what my mental picture of you was, but it may have been something like Ron out of Harry Potter... Blum 3)

lmao yep the Ron in my name stands for 'Ronnie Coleman' not Ronald Weasley .. now that you have the right Ron in mind the mental image should line up perfectly *mosking*

wht if someone puts a skinny/outofshape person's photo as their before photo lols mbe shd include face... idk. haha

Isn't that the reason you have to hold the sign in the before pic? InB4 photoshop....

yeah but what if you get a friend with teh same skin tone to hold the sign for the b4 pic lol.

if they say u look diffrnt in the after pic they wud say jst becus they got bigger lol

wht if someone puts a skinny/outofshape person's photo as their before photo lols mbe shd include face... idk. haha

Isn't that the reason you have to hold the sign in the before pic? InB4 photoshop....

yeah but what if you get a friend with teh same skin tone to hold the sign for the b4 pic lol.

if they say u look diffrnt in the after pic they wud say jst becus they got bigger lol

it's possible but it will also be pretty obvious i reckon. we can check more carefully at things like muscule bellies, shapes the way veins run as these are genetic and then cuts & bruises/tatoos on skin which can be found on most people these days

I think whatever we do, there's going to be an element of trust involved. We just have to have tight enough rules that cheating becomes too hard. If we need it, there is a catch-all rule that lets us demand additional proof if there's any doubt.

Besides, any would-be cheat also has to realise that they're going to have an entire forum of people forensically scrutinising the results. :D

Hi Raizewife. Getting people motivated is really what this Challenge is all about. And absolutely, anyone can enter. In fact, the more the merrier, so spread the word!

The criteria for this category is simply whoever makes the biggest steps towards the most symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing physique. So that could be guys or girls. We haven't had any girls post photos yet, but I know several who are planning to.

Obviously, the earlier you can post the Before photos, the earlier we can give you advice, and the more time you'll have to make improvements.

There's a danger with last-minute posting... it doesn't give you a chance to fix anything if there's a problem with your entry (eg, you've misunderstood one of the rules). It would suck to post up the most impressive transformation at the end, only to be disqualified because you'd misread a rule and therefore didn't have any Before pics.

Plus, as I say, posting early means we can offer you advice, and it makes the competition a bit more lively.

But yep, staying top secret is perfectly within the rules if you want to risk it. :D

hey guys.

thought id have a go at this challenge. bit of motivation to eat cleaner this spring. Biggrin

just came off a bit of a bulk.. went from 68.6kg to 79.6kg since feb. so these pics are at around 78-79kg.

nice man, bit of muscle you have there, should look good when you cut down a but, good width in your back and delts and arms looking big.