Gymnation Summer Challenge 2013

Pseudonym

Entered the competition and thought all of it was awesome and positive apart from the judging. Most people seem to agree that an established judging panel would be the fairest way to vote which I agree with. If you want to keep it with a community vote I think a sort of peoples choice award would be a good option that is seperate from the judges panel picks.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bits do you think worked well?

• The prizes were amazing!
  • Receiving feed back from more experienced members was great. 
  • Very easy to enter

What bits could we improve?

• More advertising
  • As others have already said, change judging so that it doesn't come down to a popularity contest
  • Not much I can think off it was organised so well!

OK guys... while this Challenge is still fresh in everyone's minds, I thought I'd get some feedback from you all. I want to hear from everyone - whether you entered or not.

- Did you enter? If not, what could have persuaded you to enter?

- What bits do you think worked well?

- What bits could we improve?

- Do you think the competition was too complicated or difficult to enter? Or were the prizes worth it? Can we simplify things in any way?

Yes i entered the prizes helped me gain more motivation to get back into it 

What worked well? the prizes were awsome how it was possible to get something even if you don't win, the rules were nice and easy

what to improve?

not much difference between aesthetics most improved and bodybuilding most improved i think maybe bodybuilding should have been most muscle gain only and aesthetics should have been most fat loss considering fat loss is always equivalent to a step to becoming more aesthetic haha or maybe theres something to it i didnt pick up?

yeah i definitely think the judging should be better and try prevent it from being a popularity contest

Interesting...

There were a few reasons I didn't want the mods to choose the winner themselves:
- We'd never done it that way in for past competitions (although admittedly the massive prizes this time changed the dynamics of the voting)
- In my experience, bodybuilding judges' decisions are always controversial. If people get in a huff over the mods' choice of winner, it just makes future moderating more difficult. A poll is much more clear-cut.
- And yeah, I wanted to attract more people to the site!

Having said that, there is a risk the poll turns this into a popularity contest. So maybe if we do this again, we could get a panel of actual bodybuilding judges - ideally one from each of the federations if they're willing to put politics aside. And I like the People's Choice award suggestion, so maybe we can have that on top.

More questions:

- Was it a problem that some categories require "Before" pics posted early, while the categories that only required one set stayed pretty empty till the very last minute?

- Why didn't we have more entries from advanced athletes? Not to diminish what these contestants have achieved, but a lot of our more senior members didn't enter. I was expecting to see more entries at a very elite level. Where were they?

Good comments, everyone. Keep them coming!

not much of a problem with lack of before pics in some categories besides that as a spectator it was boring waiting for the last couple weeks for everyone to show up - wasn't so bad though because you could still keep up with some of the interesting competitors in the logs area

- Why didn't we have more entries from advanced athletes? Not to diminish what these contestants have achieved, but a lot of our more senior members didn't enter. I was expecting to see more entries at a very elite level. Where were they?

I too was wondering why Gymrat did not enter this one