Andriol warning..

mrgeeky

I have been singing the praises of Andriol Testocaps 40mg for a while..

This wont bother some of you but for those who care, I have just found out it contains this crap derived from petroleum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_Yellow_FCF

What idiot would put a product dervied from petroleum in food??  And I have been swalling this crap for years now.. Blerrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Needless to say Im ditching Andriol Testocaps as soon as I find a better alternative..

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/datasheet/a/AndriolTestocaps.pdf

"List of excipients

Each capsule contains about 293mg of a mixture of castor oil and propylene glycol monolaurate

(E477). Capsule shell ingredients are glycerin, Sunset Yellow (E110, FD&C Yellow No. 6) and

gelatin."

Sure, taking it once isnt likely to be an issue, but ingesting it on a regular basis every day for years?

I, like a lot of others are very consious of what we eat, and do look at any food we eat and what goes in to it.

personally I stay away from the majority of foods that have additives that arent natural. I try to buy organic foods where I can.. And here I am popping medicine that comes from petroleum and  4 or 5 times a day? For the rest of my life? nah stuff that.. Just on principle alone its enough to put me off it..

The risks of getting cancer over your life time are great enough with out actually trying to give it to your self..

Sure, taking it once isnt likely to be an issue, but ingesting it on a regular basis every day for years?

I, like a lot of others are very consious of what we eat, and do look at any food we eat and what goes in to it.

personally I stay away from the majority of foods that have additives that arent natural. I try to buy organic foods where I can.. And here I am popping medicine that comes from petroleum and  4 or 5 times a day? For the rest of my life? nah stuff that.. Just on principle alone its enough to put me off it..

The risks of getting cancer over your life time are great enough with out actually trying to give it to your self..

Well I doubt that there are any alternative methods of TRT that will be 'natural'.

Injectable testosterone - Contains solvents like benzyl benzoate and benzyl alcohol. These solvents are derived from toluene which in turn is a by-product of coke and gasoline production. That means injectable testosterone is not an option for you.

Transdermal patches - The testosterone is usually dissolved in a film of ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer. Now ethylene-vinyl acetate is the copolymer of ethylene and vinyl acetate as the name would suggest. Ethylene is produced from petroleum by a petrochemical process known as steam cracking. Vinyl acetate is created by a reaction between ethylene and acetic acid. Now about 75% of acetic acid made for chemical use is created by the carbonylation of methanol. Modern methanol is produced in a process involving carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and hydrogen. Carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide are toxic in high concentrations. So patches are out of the equation for you too.

Testosterone gels - AndroGel's main ingredient is ethanol which comprises 67% of the gel. Now ethanol can be produced in two ways. Which method is chepaer depends on the price of petroleum and grain at the time. The first method is by the fermentation of certain species of yeast. The second method is the hydration of ethylene (which I mentioned earlier is obtained from petroleum during the refining process), using phosphoric acid as the catalyst. Phosphoric acid is corrosive and is used to remove rust. AndroGel also contains sodium hydroxide which is also known as caustic soda or lye. Sodium hydroxide is used in many industrial solvents and cleaners, including drain cleaners and oven cleaners. My suggestion? Definitely stay away from testosterone gel.

Oral testosterone - In addition to having an extremely short half life, they are hepatoxic and lower HDL cholesterol levels significantly. Like you mentioned, Andriol contains Sunset Yellow FCF which is again derived from petroleum. It also contains glycerol which are produced from triglycerides. Interestingly, glycerol can also be produced from propylene. Propylene, also known as propene and methylethylene, is produced from fossil fuels such as petroleum, natural gas and coal. I doubt that there are any oral testosterone tablets out there that don't contain any of these chemicals without being so hepatoxic that you can only run them for a limited period of time. So that rules out oral testosterone too :(

Testosterone pellets (implanted subcutaneously) - Besides having to be cut open to receive this form of testosterone replacement treatment, there's another reason to avoid this form of TRT. These pellets contain polyvinylpyrrolidone better known as PVP which is used as an adhesive in glue. While approved for use by the FDA, there have been documented cases of allergic reactions to the chemical resulting in anaphylaxis, especially when used subcutaneously. Sounds pretty risky to me!

Hmmmm, sounds like there are no options available for you regarding TRT. Better stay natural, wouldn't wanna get cancer. Stay safe buddy :P

To be honest Im quite amazed they put a lot of nasty stuff in to our meds.. And yes there are natural alternatives.. And there is absolutely no reason why they couldnt supply them.. There's a doctor in Auckland who distributes testosterone which is made purely from plant.

Years back before I started on TRT  I went looking for a source and found it supplied and legally too by a lady doctor here in Aucks. I am not in to underground gear so wanted a source that I knew was ok. STuffed if Im injecting any old UG shit. Anyway, she put me on some gear and when I get a endo to test me my Test levels were at 90 nmol/L so it was good gear.  Now if she can get hold of it and supply it, why the hell dont the pharmacies?

So I guess I never put too much thought in to what went in to our meds, one would just assume they are safe.. Especially if to be used long term.  And even if its necessary to use chemicals, why throw stupid shit like colouring in to the mix. As if any one cares if their meds are pretty..

After your info Im going to sit down and have a good think about all this.. I cant seem myself coming off TRT, Im enjoying it too much. My weights are just going from strength to strength and Im loving my engergy levels... Havent had gains like this for a long long time.. But I am against taking chemicals if there is a way out of it so am going to do some research on this and see if there are safer alternatives..

The Doctor in aucks that was supplying me, supplies test via lozenges that you just let dissolve in your mouth. The one draw back with them is I think it would be hard to regulate the dose and you cant train while having the lozenges in your mouth so that counts that out for me.

Will let you guys know what I come up with if I can find anything better than whats available.

As for the orals lowering HDL my HDL or good cholesterol levels have risen slightly since I have been on over a two year period.. So you can discount that fact.. And as for  being hepatoxic..

"With Andriol, this was accomplished by making a form of testosterone that would be absorbed through the lymphatic system. This is due to its high fat solubility brought about by the ester, and its suspension in oil. Having the compound absorbed this way was thought to be very advantageous, as it allows the steroid to bypass the destructive first-pass through liver. This should permit the compound to enter the blood stream intact, without the need for a harsh chemical alteration. The ester breaks off once it is in circulation of course, yielding free active Pharmacokinetics of Oral Testosterone. In design this steroid appears to be undecanoate that of a completely liver safe and orally active form of testosterone"

Takes oral testosterone but won't touch anything with a chemical name attached to it.......

Oh lawdy....

Seriously go read some food labels and look up the additive codes sometime. INB4Geekynevereatsagain!

hey nate, I always read food lables mate, to make sure there isnt any crap in it?.. Dont you?

Oral testosterone - In addition to having an extremely short half life, they are hepatoxic and lower HDL cholesterol levels significantly. Like you mentioned, Andriol contains Sunset Yellow FCF which is again derived from petroleum. It also contains glycerol which are produced from triglycerides. Interestingly, glycerol can also be produced from propylene. Propylene, also known as propene and methylethylene, is produced from fossil fuels such as petroleum, natural gas and coal. I doubt that there are any oral testosterone tablets out there that don't contain any of these chemicals without being so hepatoxic that you can only run them for a limited period of time. So that rules out oral testosterone too Sad

The Artificial Food Coloring Sunset Yellow (Yellow 6)

Despite its whimsical nickname, Yellow 6 has gathered quite the bit of publicity in recent years. Most seriously, studies have suggested that Yellow 6 is also among a group of additives that cause hyperactivity in children (frequently, Yellow 6 is used in yogurts and sweet products). Moreover, there is talk of specifically labeling food products with artificial food colorings such as Yellow 6 to most effectively alert parents of possible effects their children may experience. Yellow 6 is completely banned in Finland and Norway, the UK Food Standards Agency Board is attempting to ban sunset yellow in the E.U. and the Center for Science in the Public Interest is attempting to do the same as the U.K. in the United States.

Does it seem a bit extreme that Finland and Norway have actually banned Yellow 6? That decision may be in part influenced by the fact that in addition to compelling evidence linking the artificial food coloring with hyperactivity, new studies suggest it is also linked with cancer. Some animal testing has produced evidence that strongly suggests Yellow 6 can cause tumors, specifically in the adrenal gland and the kidney, and that combining sunset yellow with substances the body creates from other consumed goods may cause a dangerous reaction. However, the FDA has ruled these studies insignificant, and Yellow 6 continues to be available in America. Still, as Yellow 6 is the third most widely used artificial food coloring used in America, the studies probing potential health risks continue.

E110 Sunset Yellow side effects

E110 Sunset Yellow side effectsA synthetic coal tar and azo dye used in fermented foods that need heat treatment.

This FD&C Yellow No. 6 has been known to cause side effects such as a runny nose, nasal congestion, hives, allergies, kidney tumors, chromosomal damage, hyperactivity, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, indigestion and a lott of appetite or taste for food.

E110 Sunset Yellow is banned in Norway. Other dangers of E110 Sunset Yellow are vomiting and severe weight loss.

========================================================================

The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) says food dyes pose a number of risks to the American public and is calling on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to ban Yellow dye # 6.  A new CSPI report says Yellow dye # 6 contains known carcinogens and contaminants that unnecessarily increase the risks of cancer, hyperactivity in children and allergic reactions.

These synthetic chemicals do absolutely nothing to improve the nutritional quality or safety of foods, but trigger behavior problems in children and, possibly, cancer in anyone.

===========================================================

etc etc etc etc etc.....................

What idiot would put a product dervied from petroleum in food??  And I have been swalling this crap for years now.. Blerrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Pretty weird that medsafe approved it at all and that you're the first to discover this.

C'mon dude you know that doesn't sound right at all.

You're gonna have to find out more about the 'derived from' thing there.

Did you know bread may contain bird feathers?  Or at least an amino acid derived from bird feathers.  Well it kind of isn't there after the baking process.  But yeah - fluffy ducklings in your toast

easy peasy, read it for your self.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_Yellow_FCF

Oh and dont forget to take note of where it says,

"Sunset Yellow is a sulfonated version of Sudan I, a possible carcinogen,[citation needed] which is frequently present in it as an impurity."

AND

" Sunset Yellow itself may be responsible for causing an allergic reaction in people with an aspirin intolerance,[4] resulting in various symptoms, including gastric upset, diarrhea, vomiting, nettle rash (urticaria), swelling of the skin (angioedema) and migraines.[5]

The colouring has also been linked to hyperactivity in young children "

mrgeeky. you do realise that an organic compound is pretty much anything with carbon backbone..most plastics..several explosives, most petrochemicals and generally lots of poisonous shit. organic in the chemistry sense =/= organic in the 'food from your supermarket' sense. you come across as an idiot ITT

"Organic compounds form the basis of all earthly life. They are structurally diverse. The range of application of organic compounds is enormous. They either form the basis of, or are important constituents of, many products including plasticsdrugspetrochemicalsfoodexplosive material, and paints."

PEG300/400 is used in a lot of oral suspensions/solutions, its not the best thing, but its not the worst mate.

STILL...get on injectables if you can. Way better bang for your buck.

im finding the orals work well for me.. Getting great results and no shut down...

But Im thinking your right Chemo, I might go on to the injectables to give the body a rest from all the crap I have been ingesting.. I doubt the injectilbles could work as well for me though. I cant believe  the gains I'm getting every time I go to the gym..  There are another NZ made oral test caps Im going to look at.. I am pretty sure they dont have the food colouring additive in it that Im worried about.

mrgeeky. you do realise that an organic compound is pretty much anything with carbon backbone..most plastics..several explosives, most petrochemicals and generally lots of poisonous shit. organic in the chemistry sense =/= organic in the 'food from your supermarket' sense. you come across as an idiot ITT

"Organic compounds form the basis of all earthly life. They are structurally diverse. The range of application of organic compounds is enormous. They either form the basis of, or are important constituents of, many products including plasticsdrugspetrochemicalsfoodexplosive material, and paints."

Fair point Azide.. and yes I was thinking of organic matter (orginally from something living) And no I didnt realise what organic compound was.... Guess Im not perfect after all..  Regardless, the reality is if some one wants to take TRT then I guess they dont have a choice. They'll have to accept the intake of some chemicals then.. But tell me, what is the point of adding stuff like food colouring that is thought to be a possible carcinogen? To make medicine look pretty? Any one that thinks that makes sense has to be an idiot. Anyone that is happy about eating it multiple times a day for years on purpose for no valid reason is crazy.  Especially when there are safer alternatives out there.. Bet I find a safer alternative.  Watch this space. :-)

yeah totally agree that many food additives (especially colours) are unnecessary and i would rather injest food without it.

reality is that it is hard to avoid additives/processing chemical residues (sprays etc) unless you grow your own food and kill wild animals for meat. 

Sunset Yellow FCF - Well that was a shocker...

Tried to change to Arrorow (NZ made) oral testosterone caps.. done some research they also contain sunset yellow FCF and whats even worse its no longer funded and at $110 per 100 capsules,  *shok* I dont think I'll be buying any, anytime soon.

Injectables here I come. 

I think its best I dont look at the make up of the injectables *crazy*

Sunset Yellow FCF - Well that was a shocker...

Tried to change to Arrorow (NZ made) oral testosterone caps.. done some research they also contain sunset yellow FCF and whats even worse its no longer funded and at $110 per 100 capsules,  Shok I dont think I'll be buying any, anytime soon.

Injectables here I come. 

I think its best I dont look at the make up of the injectables Crazy

Agreed.

I can guarantee there will be chemicals in there