Is there a bad body build for running?

RabidGinFairy

• 2 weeks later...

10 years ago when my legs were about 40cm at their widest point I was unbeatable at anything over 1500m, well in and around my region lol, winning a few cross country events etc. So I had dam skinny legs but could run for miles and it  never really worried me. Bit i was quite poor at short distance.

i can't really remember but it's all about rhythm, step that up and stick to it, maybe if you aren't puffed its just mental.

Comparing myself to other athlets at a school Lv then yes people are def born better at long distance running than short, with diferent builds etc but that's not to say you can't develop your distance and speed.

Maybe I was built for running or just wanted to win more than everyone else???

Cycling may take pressure off your knee?

Haha I don't know I haven't done any running or cardio of that nature for a long time!

Running is an activity that definitely exposes you to injury and there are many injuries associated with running in particular. You can still run but it would be advisable to see a physio if you are already having knee pain so that they can advise you on stretches and exercsises that will help you continue running without pain or long term injury. 

Some people will be better at certain types of exercises and certain difficulties and intensities than others but you can practice and adapt yourself to whatever you wish by practice and training. Although you may biomechanically and genetically be more suited to sprinting, or an upper body sport (i dunno - kayak racing?) - its really up to waht you enjoy and what you are willing to work for or train... But whatever you do you still need to keep your body in condition and injury free by specific stretching and exercises to help balance out the heavy load of the sport you are traiing in...