Plum & Ginger Chicken Vegetable Stir-fry

milliestar

Plum & Ginger Chicken Vegetable Stir-fry

1 fillet of skinless, boneless chicken diced

A selection of fresh vegetables (quantities vary depending on how many you are cooking for). I usually use –

Red pepper

Small button mushrooms

Baby bokchoy (if bokchoy is not available I often use broccoli or sugar snap peas)

A single serve packet of udon or hokkien noodles

Stir-fry Sauce

½ cup plum sauce

1 tablespoon hoisin sauce

1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger

¾ cup chicken stock (this can be altered depending on how much broth you like with your noodles)

Firstly dice the vegetables as you desire, then briefly blanch them. Set them aside in a bowl

Bring a small saucepan to boil, once boiled add the noodles, cooking for as long as the packet states (approx 3-5 mins)

Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl

Pour half the stir-fry sauce over the chicken and also coat the blanched vegetables in the sauce

Add chicken to a non stick pan, once browned add the vegetables and some more of the sauce and toss

Lastly add the cooked noodles and the rest of the sauce and simmer. Be sure not too simmer for too long, as this will result in the vegetables becoming overcooked

Pour into a bowl (or bowls depending on how many you are catering for) and enjoy!

Please note:

This stir-fry is also wonderful with fish, I often substitute the chicken for a fresh fillet of snapper it works a treat!

The ginger in the dish makes it particularly wonderful for helping soothe head colds in the winter months!